Why Eastern Europe is not considered western world?

Why Eastern Europe is not considered western world?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Latin_America#Origin_of_the_term_and_definition
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because as you said, it is eastern.

Because they are Eastern world

kekkkkkkkkk

>Poland and Brazil
>Western world

>South Africa
We hit rock bottom.

Brazil is Latino-American, Poland is Eastern European, South Africa is certainly not Western.

>That map
Since when does anyone consider us western?

>Poland
>Czech Republic
>Slovakia
>Slovenia
>Hungary
>Baltic States
>Fucking Croatia

>Western
No lol

most of what is considered eastern Europe isn't actually in the eastern half of Europe. The geographical center of Europe is Lithuania or perhaps northern Poland.

Eastern Europe is Christian and should be western

Greece and Scandinavia isn't western either

Elaborate
France created the term latin america to justify their pathetic attempt at conquering the continent

this

>France created the term latin america
?

this is arbitrary as fuck

>The actual term "Latin America" was coined in France under Napoleon III and played a role in his campaign to imply cultural kinship with France, transform France into a cultural and political leader of the area and install Maximilian as emperor of Mexico
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Latin_America#Origin_of_the_term_and_definition

because you've never read a history book

but we understand, in american culture reading is for faggots

"historically" this definition of Western Europe did not exist until the Cold War. It's a 20th century dichotomy that persists to this day because of memes.

What does exist is protestant culture vs. catholic culture, germanic civilization vs. romance civilization vs. celtic civilization; all of which are lumped together for no particular reason.

Latin America is a christian region and the world don't consider it "western". Not that I care, I don't want to be related to the wh*te subhumans.

something doesn't exist only after its definition
the partition of africa is a clear sign of what "western europeaness" was, for example
and you think they are just lumped together for no particular reason, because you've never read a history book

also, i laughed at "celtic civilization"

they consider south and central America western ??

This, were not into getting cucked by bbc, supporting gays, considering terrorism as part and parcel of life in cities and other western things

itt: legit retards being retarded as per usual

because we dont offer our daughters to jamals and mohammads

>something doesn't exist only after its definition
that's true, but user was spot on about what all the fuss is over "western"
that stupid term should've fallen with the berlin wall

>wanting to be associated with west*rners
lol
future lies in the east

>the partition of africa is a clear sign of what "western europeaness" was
extremely weak argument which can be explained away by the fact that Scandinavia and Russia did not have the means to participate. Nothing to do with cultural bonds, literally just sea access. Austria and Italy were both noticeably absent from the scramble for Africa and are still included on your meme map.

>something doesn't exist only after its definition
it quite literally doesn't if we're talking about some vague geographic concept and not an actual tangible thing.

>vague geographic concept and not an actual tangible thing.
geography is quite tangible, i think you meant "vague political concept", correct me if i'm wrong

Including Polska and not Belarus is stupid
Also Croatia but Bosnia & Herzegovina? That makes no sense

you're correct

means?
what do you mean, the means?
What means did Germany have?
No history at colonisation whatsoever.
Scandinavia had way more means than Germany.
Even Russia had more means than Germany.

>italy
>absent from the scramble of Africa

I was hoping for you to pick at the Netherlands being absent, but you pick on Austria? Austria-hungary was one of the greatest supporters for Germany's cause.

But if you want a justification for Austria, maybe you should look into the house of habsburg and its history.

Well, everything must exist before being named, at least in the minds of people, even vague geographic concepts and not actual tangible things.

delet this senpai

OVO JE JEBENO PRELEPO

you theorize that Scandinavia and Russia would have colonized Africa had they different geography. That doesn't make it true, just a theory. The objective facts is that those nations didn't have African colonies by the time the scramble of Africa was finished.

kek, I didn't know this

hilarious

denmark did have african colonies tho

You never realized "Latin america" doesn't even make sense? Some chinky eyed beaner is a "Latino" but a central Italian isn't? Mestizo America would be more accurate.

The windmill in that picture looks retarded. It had to be said.

Not by the scramble of Africa.

I think "Hispanic America" would make the best sense, since aside from Brazil, the biggest cultural influence in the continent is from Spain.

>australia is western
>dialup internet is a luxury in 2017

Because orthodoxy is not European or Western

No, I don't theorize that. Why countries in the Berlin conference managed to get claims or not is well documented.

And nor do I hinge my opinion on just the scramble for Africa. Western Europe has been forming from quite a while, since before the partition of the western Roman Empire. I believe that the latin/greek divisions inside the roman empire was the embryo a western europe.

Then the cristianization of Germanic kingdoms, the empire of Charlemagne, the craddles of the crusaders, the dynastic and diplomatic ties established between all of these countries (habsburg house goes here), etc.

Really, read some books. I'm not saying my idea of western europe is a fact, but I'd preffer to discuss it with someone that knows italy was in it for the scramble for africa.

And catholicism is Europian? Or are you trying ti say that orthodoxy is the real christianity (jewish)

>ROMAN church
>not European

I don't care, I am Lutheran like many other Transylvanians

>Australia is Western
Never said anything of the sort

Cristianity anyways

You are a mix of what you identify yourself with and what majority identify you with. Most of Polish, Czech, Hungarian etc history was deeply connected to European mainstreem. Becouse of the last half century of Russian occupation some people still recognizes us to be a part of eastern (means Russian, lets face it) world. That slowly changes with our economies growth. We wil always be "eastern" in here though, causemost of Anons are just mean internet trolls but that's fine.

Romania... glad you're here.

I'm looking at this incident where one of your lads, Florea Dumitrache, was banned for seven years after assaulting a ref or some shit during a UEFA cup game in Sarajevo. I can't find any articles explaining in detail what happened. Like did he twat a ref then get sent off or was he sent off before twatting a ref?

Most I've found is this

Suspendat 7 ani din Europa! Dumitrache și-a încheiat cariera europeană rușinos. Într-un meci din 1982 cu Saraievo, în Cupa UEFA, când era la Corvinul, "Mopsul" l-a lovit cu capul în gură pe arbitru. A fost suspendat 7 ani din competițiile continentale, cea mai mare pedeapsă primită de vreun fotbalist român.

Can you translate and post any better links if you can?

I am Transylvanian
if rromani-an savages decide to chimp out over football, it is none of my concern

is that a volvo?

I dont careabout the west

Long story short, West vs. East is still about the Roman Empire being split in two halves.

This is the only western europe ea west.

No one invested in Western Poland

Because Huntington's dumb fuck scheme has apparently become a standard and the case isn't helped by the Russian cultural center of gravity having decided to grant itself civilizational snowflake status despite having imported all the elements of such.

The distinction of Eastern Europe having inherited Classical culture through the Byzantine/Hellenic route is IMHO inconsequential in the modern world, especially given the inclusion of many Eastern European countries in the EU and, to a lesser extent NATO. Add to that Slavs as a group are less distinct from Western Europeans than nations such as Mexico or Peru, which do actually incorporate the elements of distinct and original civilizations, and which are still not so separate as to be considered distinct from Western civilization in any practical or transcendent way.

As for non Slavs Romanians and Moldovans hold Latin influences, if not heritage, and the case for Hungarians isn't all that different as that for Finns.

TLDR Slavs never formed their own original civilization like China or India.

>You never realized "Latin america" doesn't even make sense? Some chinky eyed beaner is a "Latino" but a central Italian isn't? Mestizo America would be more accurate.
Actually it does... provided you exclude Belize and include Quebec, a half dozen Cajuns and Tejanos.
(Just please don't include Niggerfornians, we're already crap without those nignogs.)

Because communism bloc

Nah. West vs. East is cultural, not genetic. Something like:

Western: Romance, Latin script, Roman Catholic, wine belt, olive oil belt, "why so sad? smile!"
Eastern: Hellenic or Slavic, Greek>Cyrillic script, Orthodox, wodka belt, pig fat belt, "why smiling? is you of retard?"

Of course, this is just a generalization, but I guess you get it.

I think you're being a bit too harsh on Huntington. Yes, his division has a thousand problems, but it's somewhat useful.

On the eastern centre of gravity: Russia borrowed so fucking much of the Byzantine culture that one might argue that Russian influence IS Byzantine influence by proxy.

Roumania is a weird case... yes, they're Romance speakers with Latin heritage, but they were heavily influenced by both Byz and RU. I think it's safe to say that, much like Germany and Poland, they're inside the border between both groups.

because it's communist, corrupt, intolerant and poor

I don't know we were western

We are Central Europe, not Western

Cold war memes

It's older than that. Older than Feudalism.

its Orthodogs vs Catholics

Man, Huntington did nothing more than justify American narrow geopolitical views as somehow being culturally relevant, he makes the West basically Western Europe and "white" anglo countries and separates Japan which is really a part of Sinnic civilization, while simply lumping all of SEA together. It's an American reading a map and somehow trying to justify peoples he calls LATINS are in some way less connected to Rome than he is.

You do make a good point on Russia and Byzantine culture/thought but in the end understanding the "East" as being the Eastern Roman empire is not how Westerners have traditionally looked at their past and its roots on ancient Greece in particular. Eastern peoples through European history have always been considered to be Arabs and Turks, those European civilization defined itself against, nevermind Middle Easterners do derive their own culture from related and more ancient soures, they did give Europe its religion.

So, do Russians count as being on the same plane as the original Turkic or Mongolian peoples? Because they do also claim Scandinavian/Germanic origins/influences much the same as Western Europe.

It's older than the schism.

And one can argue the schism itself was caused by those cultural differences, since it boils down to "centralized church on the Latin way" vs. "decentralized church on the Greek way".

Since USSR broke down or since you joined EU at the very least?

Westerners are literal fags

>Germany isn't the same color as Turkey.

Map is fake and gay.

Map is not fake and gay, but you are tho

Because Eastern Europeans

Yes

Iron Curtain is what divided West from East and it included Yugoslavia and Greece in the south on the "west" part
(Albania and Berlin were the exceptions)

Since when is South America considered Western World?
Cuba and Venezuela in specially.

now this is a good question
and the only answer i can come up with is: "i dunno, OP is a fag lol"

>Why Eastern Europe is not considered western world?
>Eastern Europe
>western world
>Eastern
>western

GEE I FUCKIN WONDER

retarded post desu, is Eastern USA not western world?

Western world isnt geographic term, but cultural

this is only thing poortugal can be proud of

>israel
>western
stop