Taboo

Just watched this, did I like it?

I can't not like anything with Tom Hardy. He's the best part of Peaky Blinders too.

I don't know but I sure did

Oona and Hardy wincest kino incoming

I hope there'll really be a slight supernatural element to it and Hardy will stay an asshole till the end

Will this be the peak Big Guy kino?

Is this about incest?

Incest is very heavily implied

Not yet confirmed but what we've seen in the first episode could mean that incest is going to be a big part of this show.

I remember Oona was a 10/10 back when she was on GoT.

Now she barely gets my dick hard.

I think its pretty obvious that the kid is his half sisters and his.

I liked the episode. It felt... grimy and gross, unsettling. Cant wait to see the "unspeakable" stuff Bane did in Africa.

same here desu

They mentioned him raping chained-up niggers, hopefully they show that in a scene.

I am not sure how they can keep it up for the rest of the episodes, obviously will have atleast one flashback episode.

East India TradCo sending goons after him might not last more than an episode.

This was fucking amazing. I'm hooked.

Who else wants to see hardy cut twelve pairs of balls and feed them to filthy english prostitutes?

I want to see him fuck up the inevitable assassin coming his way

Good fucking shit.
I want more.

He's really not in it enough to watch it for him though.

moar EIC

>The East India Company Was Real & 'Taboo's Villainous Portrayal Has Brought Controversy

>Some historians believe that Taboo misrepresents the company, since it was not capable of behaving like a multinational corporation or intelligence agency, as the series suggests. London School of Economics historian Dr. Tirthankar Roy told the Telegraph, "The company did not have the means to enforce any kind of conspiracy. The biggest battles it had were with itself." He also highlighted the positive impact it had on the economies of the countries it dealt with, especially India, China, and nations in southeast Asia.

>series creator Steven Knight discussed his thoughts on the East India Company's 19th century dealings, and how different they look through a modern lens:

>“I believe institutions, and even individual need to be judged according to what was valid to their contemporaries ... It is very difficult to judge the East India Company according to our values. They did stop dealing in slaves but they had dealt in slaves. They did have some ethical constraints but they didn’t always have those ethical constraints. And they did do some pretty terrible things in the colonial countries, things that wouldn’t be acceptable now."

>(speaking of the East India Company) "The prince regent fears it," Delaney's solicitor Thoyt (Nicholas Woodeson) explains. "No government in the world dares stand up to it. It owns the land, the ocean, the f--king sky above our heads. It has more men and weapons and ships than all the Christian nations combined."

>Sir Stuart Strange (Jonathan Pryce), the head of the East India, presides over an assembly of evil, tea-drinking functionaries played by a slate of terrific British actors. The East India scenes have it all: juicy intelligence reports, malicious plots, and beautiful documents..

I'm bumping this since to see a bit less blacked on my monitor

Who here wants a comfy scavenger doggo pet?

>doggo
kys mod

I liked it.

Highly implied the kid on the farm is Hardy and Oona's kid

Seriously, what up with that tonight.

Propaganda by the East India Company

They want to turn us into Sup Forums

gee i wonder who could be behind these posts.

east india company was corrupt megapower during those times

>he doesn't like blacked spam

i got a question

did hardy take the two shilllings off his dad so he could rob the grave? also, did the sister secretly pay for it, not letting her husband know?

no and no

I didn't think about that but it makes sense

I assumed he took the coins because he didn't adhere to christianism anymore

he literally put the coins in the donation box when he entered the church, retards.

Those where two pence coins. Not Shillings (a shilling was 12 pence).

He just felt they would be better in the poor box then being buried with his dad.

What does that have to do with what either of us said?

okay. i didnt know if the coins on the eye were for religious purposes or to pay the grave digger.

Lyrlm first episode was a belter. Slow to get going, the funeral was a bit dragged out, but once it hit it's stride - the lawyer, the sister, the kid, the old servant dude and the EIC, it was good times.

Think there's lots of promise.

think harder

>Lyrlm
what

hardy*

It a old tradition to put coins on the eyes (Or in the mouth) of the dead, to pay the boatman.

Hardy is like "Fuck tradition" took the coins, and put it to the poor box so some poor person might get some aid.

I thought harder and my brain told me you didn't understand what either of us said

poor you

Simple answer

both coins together are only worth 4d, the grave digger pay discussed was 24d.

thanks.
giggled

ahh. okay.

What type of dogger was that?

Your mum

Looked like a Lurcher to me, which is a Greyhound/Anything mix.

No worries, the old english money system was odd.

Pound was worth 20 shillings
A guinea was worth 21 shillings
1 shilling was worth 12 pence
1 pence was worth 4 farthings

No wonder people were so impoverished back then, it must have been confusing just having more than loose change in your pocket.

>check the description
>sounds like there's no magic shit
>watch it
>magic shit starts happening

why is this allowed

A Whippet or Lurcher

>mad hallucinations are magic

It simple enough.

the odd coinage was due to the fact it was based on the value of the metal and not numbers in a ledger.

Pence and fathings where copper, Shillings where Silver, and Guinea was just a way to charge a extra 5% for fancy stuff.

>learning things across the world from a mad man isn't magic Africa shit
I'd like to be surprised that he had people under his payroll spying after getting rich on diamonds in Africa

why would they bury him deeper for big guy putting money in a donation jar? barely anyone even saw him do it
And the coins on his eyes were for their tradition of paying the guy in the afterlife, so it wouldnt make sense for the grave digger to take those as payment to bury the casket deeper

i dont think there was any hidden agenda there

gotcha. another dumb question

is a pound (20 shillings) really 1 lb? i could just google this but id rather bump.

>why would they bury him deeper for big guy putting money in a donation jar? barely anyone even saw him do it
It has nothing to do with the grave diggers.

The coins on the eyes where fucking pennies put on in the old "coin on eyes" tradition, and Hardy just put them in a poor box (not a grave digger box) so it could buy some poor soul a meal.

It's not really a surprise if you just thought of it though, is it?

im aware of that, so i dont understand how anyone would think that him taking the coins was some elaborate plot to not get the body buried as deep

like you said, it was juat to put more money in the donation box

Depends on the era

Back in the old days, it was 1 tower pound ( 5,400 troy grains) of sterling silver. Then in Tudor times, it became one troy pound (5700 grains) But was debased in the amount of silver to .33% silver.

In 1717 Newton (As in the guy who did gravity and so on) put England on a gold standard. 1 pound was worth 113 grains (7.3 g) of 22k gold

33%, not .33%

It is late

I think it was just that the cost was two shillings, and people thought that the coins where shillings.

>as in the guy who did gravity and so on

lold. thanks though!

yeah, this is what confused me.

Has 1 or 2 episodes broadcast?

>Pound was worth 20 shillings
>A guinea was worth 21 shillings

What was even the point

1, episode 2 is in like 3 days

Back when England was on the silver standard, the Guinea was a gold coin worth 1 pound.

Gold went up after it was issued, thus it became worth more then a silver pound.

When UK went with the gold standard, it was set at 21 shillings.

Fancy stuff (Like paintings and racehorses) where always billed in Guineas. The tradition continued long after the actual coin was no longer used.

Aww thanks sweethearts.
X

>3 days

what?? US?

Why would anyone be talking about burger world?

BBC

I think FX airs it 3 days later

better than cabbage.

He's gonnaslaughter a bunch of them then get his ass beat by the final one which happens to be female.

Big black cock cucks burgers again...pottery

That doesn't make any god damned sense.

Yes it does. Eating burgers is healthier than eating cabbage.

Depending on how they are both prepared and the quality of ingredients that can be true, but why cabbage? Where has cabbage come from?

We are talking about the big guy and his incest programme, not leafy vegetables.

hello newfag. Sup Forums decided long ago that cabbage = europoor

and cannibalism

>they insisted on the fact that the corpse-eating dog like him

pottery

>Bane
I suppose its inevitable that these thread will draw in you cunts. Hopefully you dont shit up our threads too much

>SIR STRANGE I'M EIC

Well, after all

>kraut

Just watched it. Very intriguing. Hopefully we watch oona get dicked hardy.

>people thinking its a brother sister incest
Too obvious. Screencap this. That boy is the lovechild of the sister and the father.

It's Hardy and the butler's kid

Screencap this

I liked it too. Reminds me of Oliver Reed as Bill Sikes.

Fuck me. You're retarded. Did you have the show on in the background or something?

They are only half siblings. Though she show is literally called Taboo, so all manner of taboo subjects could be happening.

post kino screens Sup Forums

>in like 3 days
>like

Why did you type "like"? "...in 3 days" would be fine. Sound like a fucking Valley girl. Hope you don't talk like that.

4 U

Valley girls sound totally different because there's a pause like they're collecting their thoughts.

See how different the above sentence is from, like, this sentence?

In that case it should be "...in about 3 days." Like =/= approximately.

He only went crazy in the end. That kid is about 10.

HOT HEAD, GET OUT