tfw you will never be old enough to have seen the original trilogy in theaters

> tfw you will never be old enough to have seen the original trilogy in theaters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYkHD9y8EqI
youtube.com/watch?v=yHfLyMAHrQE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They were replayed in the early 00s.

i guess i missed it
saw episode iv special edition but that doesn't fucking count

Yeah I saw during this re-release era. I originally got into star wars after seeing spaceballs as a kid

I feel like doing that would have made the Disney sell out sequels even more painful

possibly

my family used to own a small theatre in lima, peru (when cinemas were small family owned business) I have 6 reels in extremely good condition of the OT and some other movies, I watch it from time to time, only thing is the audio is kinda fucked and I don't really know how to repair the tracks, if you are wondering how i see the films, my parents have a pretty big house with a cinema room and all the equipment, I promise you guys I will be posting some pics soon (not only of the reels but of the cinema room and the other movies I have there), I haven't had the time to pay a visit to them lately

you should get those films archived or something user

That's pretty neato

DISCOVER THE TRUE NATURE OF C3PO'S LEG.

who gives a shit? the endless sea-boots are where it's at, gramps

I can barely remember my parents taking me to see the rerelease of A New Hope.

I think I ended up shitting all over myself.

I should, I don't want the to get damaged or something. My dad tried to donate them to our public library when I was a kid, they wouldn't accept them because they don't have the means or knowledge to preserve them so we have them still

Do you know if you have a Technicolor IB print?

why on earth would you wish to be 40 something

My dad had the originals on VHS, then a few years later we went to see the remakes in theaters.

NO...I would literally kill a man for one of those, a new hope and the empire strikes back are in pretty good shape, return of the jedi has some bit that look like is fading away but nothing too noticeable, I used to have the technical sheet on those reels but they got lost or my father have them somewhere, I want to believe mine are those IB prints because of how they are enduring the test of time but i guess they are regular acetate

STAR THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK WARS

>early 00s
it was late 90s you pleb

>in early 00's
>1997

I'm an old old fucker.
I've seen all of the originals (77,80,83), the special editions and the prequels in the theater. Even saw Rogue One at the cinema. The exception being TFA.

>The Special Editions were 20 years ago

special editions aren't replays

> tfw you will never be old enough to have seen the original trilogy in theaters

I'm 49 years old and saw all the movies in the theater when they came out.

I was in 6th grade when tESB came out and my parents let my blow off a school day to go see it.

Most of the movie is the same unless you get autistic over recomposited effects.

>ywn be as excitied by a movie trailer as this one

youtube.com/watch?v=sYkHD9y8EqI

that movie broke my heart, it made me realize that lucas died after the empire strikes back

TFA copied this shit so hard
the hype wasnt nearly as big

That's awesome. I was born in 83 so I had to wait for the special editions when they got rereleased in theatres and we all know how that went

I couldn't care less

There are many movies I wish I could have seen in theaters when they came out, those overrated science fantasy flicks aren't among them

This could have been such a cool movie is Lucas wasn't an idiot and cast a toddler in the staring role....

WTF was he thinking? Hershlag was twice the kids age and we're supposed to believe they somehow fall in love and have kids together?

>Enter a thread just to say you don't care about the topic
Well gee aren't you special.

did you guys liked TFA? I know this question is asked almost in a daily basis but I'm always in doubt since 99% of the replys are forced memes.

what are you doing shitposting here then faggot?
everyone is entitled to the their own stupid opinion
but not everyone wants to hear them, you have facebook, twitter and reddit for that shit bitch boy

I am special, thanks

If you were going to pick a movie to go back in time to see, at least pick something that hasn't been both replayed in theaters already and mediocre on top of that

I'd rather go back and see Star Crash in theaters

except I don't have a facebook or twitter and don't use Reddit, how about you do that instead

I really can't enjoy it as a star wars movie but it's watchable.

Yep, me three. Got taken to see A New Hope for my fifth birthday - my first cinema experience.

I still remember people ducking during the early shot.

so you still lurking to see what people says about you, I'll bite, tell me, what would you see if you were able to magically travel back in time, my special snowflake?

youtube.com/watch?v=yHfLyMAHrQE

This must have been amazing to see in 1977

literally no one on the internet is interested in your opinion lol

I'm gen-X and saw Jaws, Star Wars, Alien, Blade Runner, Raiders, Star Trek II, Conan, Back to the Future, Total Recall, Batman, Starship Troopers, and LOTR in the theater.

Boomers were the music generation
GenX were the movie generation
Millenials were the vidya generation
Z will be the internet generation

The Adventures of Robin Hood would be pretty neat

lol, get the fuck out of here you fucking pleb, at least lie about something interesting to watch lmao

Would it have really been worth it if you couldn't come here and shitpost about it after?

Music is more interesting and accessible now than it ever was though.

Yeah but name a band more famous than the Beatles.

Nice summary of the generations.
Filed in my head. Thanks bro.

>loves pleb wars
>laughs at the mention of old movie because it's so oooooold
>calls others plebs
lol

>Music is more interesting and accessible now than it ever was though.
yeah, only if you like generic shit written and perfomed by people with no talent whatsoever, not saying there are no good bands now, there are but they are rare and scarce, all we have now is rap music, hip hop music, electronic shit and talentless rock bands

Jesus and the 12 disciples

what are you doing here grandpa? don't you know this is a Malaysian bestiality cartoon website?

Speak for yourself, kid, 1977 was a good year.

Hey - some us are.

lol, who says robin pleb is bad because is le old, is bad because has a shit script, shit acting besides errol flynn and horrible set designs.

robin hood is probably the biggest pleb filter out there, there are literally hundreds of cinematic jewels released since the 20's and you choose the most meme one, at least star wars has some original shit, flawed yes, but original and actually contributed to the development of cinema as it is today,

yes and?

I've watched anime since 1979 and can read Japanese. I'm also a graphics programmer for a major video game company. also Sup Forums as fuck

>tfw my father and I worked at a local theatre as projectionists
>tfw my father asked our boss if we could watch the Original Trilogy there on a quiet day
>Said yes
>Downloaded the De-specialized editions and invited a bunch of our friends and family to see it
>The cinema isn't shit so we're able to bring our own food and drink and it's right next to a pub where we get discounts on booze

Pretty comfy desu

Said like someone who listens to nothing but the radio.

Some of the most creative and interesting musical projects in history are happening at the moment. You just have to dig slightly beneath the surface to see them.

>Some of the most creative and interesting musical projects in history are happening at the moment
tell me about just 3, and no, hipster making music with floppy disks and pvc tubes don't count lmao

Make your thread when you can you have my attention

>This must have been amazing to see in 1977

You have no idea.

I was 9 years old in 1977 and my friends and I were so into Star Wars, my buddy set up a Super8 movie camera so he could film the tv commercials and we’d watch them over and over again…

most likely

So did you oldfags actually get to see Vaders reveal without being spoiled first?

Eno & Chilvers
Swans
The Body
Sunn O)))
Godspeed
Tim Hecker
Richard Skelton
are some of my favourite working artists who are doing things nobody's done before. There are thousands more when you get further into the realms of noise, neoclassical, ambient, drone etc.

so making music for tablets, difuminated electrical noises and stuff like that are considered now to be among the most interesting musical projects in HISTORY? ffs, I don't know if the majority of people in here thinks like that but we have hit a new low

I genuinely did
It's a 7/10 movie

>making music for tablets
Are you trying to be this dense? E&C make music which algorithmically continually rewrites itself, which is a big fucking deal.

>difuminated electrical noises
And just by that I can tell you didn't bother listening to any of the other artists on the list.

Dude don't even bother, that douche has a certain type of music stuck in his head as to what he perceives to be the best, nothing can top it in his mind, no matter how good or unique it could be.
He's gone

> E&C make music which algorithmically continually rewrites itself, which is a big fucking deal.

not really desu
any decent programmer could do something like this, doesn't make you a musician, and it doesn't make it good music

>Some of the most creative and interesting musical projects in history are happening at the moment. You just have to dig slightly beneath the surface to see them.

As far as Rock n Roll goes ? In 1987, you did not have to do that. In 1993, you did not have to do that. That's not to say there's not good music today, but the mainstream dominance of rock is not what it used to be.

Take a look at the line-up of performers for the MTV VMA's in 1991 vs 2014.

You've gotten old.

fucking hell man, do you have any idea how much those are worth, assuming you are telling the truth?

I was barely old enough to see episode 2 in theaters. I saw Spider-Man 1 instead because up until high school I thought star wars was for nerds

*Correction : '1992'.

I literally got a fucking boner watching the trailers for this movie. especially the other trailer, not sure how to find it though. what a sad sad disappointment.

So what? You're missing the point. There's things being created now that are just as interesting as anything made in those decades. The fact that it's not mainstream just means that popular taste has changed. You shouldn't be such a baby about having to search for something worthwhile.

lol, yeah I'm telling the truth, I will make a thread about sometime this month (or whenever I'm visiting my parents, I literally work in a gold mine in the peruvian mountains and it takes me almost a day to reach home) so you guys can help me figure it out what I have in my hands, until now this is it:
>two reels per film (no showcase on the reel other than name and number)
>3 tracks in mono and stereo for the empire strikes back and return of the jedi
>no markings at the end of each reel, altho the projectionist could have removed them but I have never seen cut marks or anything like that
>a new hope is in perfect condition
>emipre strikes back, first reel in perfect condition, second reel is turning kinda redish/pink with tones of green but almost unnoticeable
>return of the jedi, first reel is perfect, second reel is fading a little for about the first 15 to 20 minutes

I'm not the user you were talking to, and I'm too old to bother searching for anything.

In my experience your relationship to popular music changes as you age. It has its roots in your adolescence, and it's in part generational. Nevertheless, it's an interesting comparison.

If you legitimately believe that any of those artists advanced music as an art form in any way, you need to stop posting right now. Sure, 87 had some great music. Perfect Prescription, Children of God, Zamia Lehmanni and Songs About Fucking all came out that year. But not on MTV.

Okay, prove you're not talking out your ass and name me one single piece of generative music which comes even remotely close in complexity and beauty to their latest release. Oh, you can't? Didn't think so.

music has been on the decline since we started having things to take up our free time besides perfecting playing an instrument or singing. So, pretty much for decades there has been less talent out there. I'm not old, and not bitter, it's just an objective fact. The shit coming out now is much, much much worse then it was a half a century ago. I still listen to it though.

star wars in 77 was my first movie
at drive in
I was 5

i can't even imagine seeing a new hope in a theater in it's original reel. fuck, you lucky bastard. watch it for me when you get a chance.

I was saying something about the dominance of Rock N Roll in mainstream music, not reeling off a litany of obscure hipster shit to try appear clever.

Many of those artists, indeed, have influenced the shape and form of mainstream music. There are no Mongolian Throat singers in those bands nor Post-Communist Marxist Anarchist Vegetarian Existentialists, but that doesn't mean mainstream music doesn't have weight. What a childish attitude, smhtbqh.

>tfw I will never do lines of blow off carrie's ass when she's in full costume

These's a massive difference between having influence and moving the art form forward. U2 spawned a generation of terrible bland britpop music. AC/DC did Nirvana did the same, influenced hundreds if not thousands of dreadful acts. Now look at bands like Neu and Can - seldom listened to by mainstream consumers, but pretty much every musician worth their salt since owes something to them. Radio rock has almost always been bland and awful, with the exception of that strange period in the early 70s where prog pieces were reaching no. 1.

Dismissing anything of legitimate artistic value as 'hipster trash'; ignoring the voices of educated and experienced music critics; wilful ignorance of the real, groundbreaking music which is being produced all over the world - these are anti-art, anti-progress, and the reason why so few of these projects have a following of greater than a few hundred thousand. Still, I'm grateful that all this great music is being produced and I can only pity those who choose to ignore it because it isn't getting radio play.

I was like a year old when Jedi came out

BURN THEM FAGGOT

I dunno man. I hear what you're saying, but i'm not that cynical. The relative simplicity of U2 - coupled with their success - doesn't mean they're a 'bad' band. They are good at being mainstream musicians, and it takes talent to write Top 40 music. Harmonies and melodies have nothing to do with 'credibility', and music can be pleasant to listen to irrespective of whether it's not pushing an envelope.

>Dismissing anything of legitimate artistic value as 'hipster trash'

But you opened with the hipster "get off this board pleb" salvo. I don't dismiss underground music, i just don't dismiss mainstream shit, either. It's not a competition. And from Black Flag and Fugazi you get an Eddie Vedder, who is a Daniel Johnson fan.

You should not have said that, user. George is going to send a bounty hunter for your head and those prints. You are good to him dead.

>I literally work in a gold mine in the peruvian mountains
a movie script in the making right there bro

>tfw old enough to remember seeing Return of the Jedi in theaters

I missed the first two in theaters but I did see Return of the Jedi when I was like, 2. I mostly only remember the speeder bike scene though.

So when are you gonna invite us to Peru for a private screening ?

Those mines are dangerous. Accidents happen. No one would ever know other wise. You saw how easy it was to trap R2 in rocks in the Blu Ray release.

>The Peruvian gold mines are not to be traveled lightly.
correct

>77
Stat Wars was released in 1977

saw them in.the 90s when I was 10 or so

i would seriously consider flying to peru to watch the original star wars on that fags movie screen. george is a douchebag and made it so that's the only way to watch the original films.

The other thing is ... mainstream music has 'reach', hence 'relevance'. In 1000 years time anthropologists will note Oasis was the biggest band in Britain in the 90s. They will not mention 'Gay Dad'. That doesn't mean Gay Dad suck, but it means mainstream music has a potency there.

>flying to peru to watch the original star wars on that fags movie screen
>george is a douchebag
>the only way to watch the original films
hilarious because it's fucking true