Are they the modern day Doors?

>youre a slave neo

>pretentious
>pseudo-literary types
>image over substance
>pseudo-spiritual

Hmm

they are the modern day The Shaggs

Cue the contrarian retard who will incorrectly imply that these apply to the Doors as well

When they have a threesome, who is on the top, who's on the bottom, and who is in the middle?
Elaborate, please...

I wouldn't listen to them based on that ultra-pretentious-looking photo-op.

Honest question: How many of you actually listen to music made within the last 5-6-7-8 years and find true enjoyment in it? Like, that feeling of joy or melancholy or whatever that you genuinely experience with the music of days long gone.

the best album of all time was made in 2016

isn't that what was doing anyway?

Which is?

>ultra pretentious looking
there is literally nothing "pretentious" about this photo, quit fucking turning every word into another meaningless meme buzzword. Flatlander's glasses are a bit douchey looking though. Also, quit being a "LE WRONG GENERATION MUH MUSIC IS DEAD" faggot, if you try to imply that
>Blackstar
>A Moon Shaped Pool
>Congratulations
>Untrue
>Lonerism
>Replica
>The Seer
>To Be Kind
>The Glowing Man
all don't have genuine emotion, you are a fucking idiot.

Blonde

>there is literally nothing "pretentious" about this photo, quit fucking turning every word into another meaningless meme buzzword

I understand exactly what you mean, and I probably am older than you, but I've listened to their music and just like everything else it seemed like it was on life support.

>Blackstar
>A Moon Shaped Pool
>Congratulations
>Untrue
>Lonerism
>Replica
>The Seer
>To Be Kind
>The Glowing Man

Tell me which you think will age the best and I'll give it a listen sometime soon.

>Says something is pretentious
>I understand exactly what you mean, and I probably am older than you
>Is pretentious

lul

Who would be the modern day doob?

Doors is shit

No now.

You are LITERALLY being the textbook definition of pretentious in this post, I fail to see how you could so strongly lack self-awareness.
>hasn't listened to ANY of the listed albums (many of the most well known great albums of the 2010s) yet talks shit about modern music
just fuck off idiot, how the hell have you not heard at least Blackstar or Moon Shaped Pool?

Your reading comprehension and understanding of language is retarded.

>how the hell have you not heard at least Blackstar or Moon Shaped Pool?

Maybe because It truly sucks? God damn, it makes the Dixie Chicks look like immortals.

>I've never listened to these albums because they suck
do you realize exactly how retarded this statement is?

For a serious answer since you're not gonna get them with a post like this, Blackstar is Bowie's best project in years, so if you like listen to it. Moon Shaped Pool is more Radiohead, so if you like Radiohead same boat.
Asking different people will get you different answers but I'd say that both Untrue and Replica deserve a listen, Replica especially if you're crazy over samples and a dark atmosphere.
You should only listen to NuSwans if you have immense patience since they take a more post rock approach in them.
If you like pop or psych rock, then Congratulations and Lonerism will be great for you.
Overall I'd say the only straight bad albums are A moon shape pool and Congratulations, but there's a lot of people on this board that'd contest me on that. Still give them a listen if they sound interesting to you

>spoonfeeding a retard who complains that all modern music is shit but hasn't bothered to listen to any of the most critically acclaimed modern albums

No. Modern day Stooges

Hell yes

lmao maybe it's not retarded because radiohead and david bowie are boring and garbage?
maybe if every other album by an artist is derivative trash you should spare yourself listening any further

In both rock and hip hop there isn't really anything emerging that is new and that there's room for new precedents to be set by the masses, the fact that Death Grips are doing this is something that is credit of their ingenuity and sets them as an outlier
That said, no, there really isn't any equivalency between either The Doors' or Death Grips' contexts. Also, a further difference is that the fanboyism of today is far more insufferable than that of how it was in The Doors' time (which I have no way of really knowing of, but it couldn't possibly match what it has become since the internet became such a prevalent thing)