How come this masterpiece is not on Sup Forumscore?

How come this masterpiece is not on Sup Forumscore?

Because Sup Forumscore is albums that are regularly talked about here, it doesn't depend on the quality of the album.

a) it's not a masterpiece
b) it was never a phenomenon like the Sup Forumscore albums were/are

because it's shit

t. pleb

nah ... shit Toronto bands are just shit.
Vancouver is where it's at.

Shit album shit band. Fuck off to 2006

Great epic edgy bleach Instagram memes. You underage faggots are tumors, no wonder you think arcade fire is good I'm 2018

>I'm 2018

Nice to meet you, 2018.

what bands from vancouver do you consider good?

>I'm 2018
You're a faggot phoneposter. You've forfeited any arguments.

I'm taking a shit. Am I supposed to have my laptop here?

>oh no made a typo well guess that invalidates all you've got to say lmao

>he doesn't bring his laptop to his bathroom

>I'm taking a shit. Am I supposed to have my laptop here?
no, you're just not supposed to be an ADHD spastic who can't go a few minutes without the internet

>can't put a fucking board down for even a second
Holy shit you faggot.

Just go back to posting edgy epic Sup Forums memes on your Instagram spam page. I hate fantano so much for introducing you faggots to this place.

Just fucking kill yourself. It'd give you a break from the internet.
>lmao

Seriously why are you here? Do you not feel special and edgy enough over on Instagram? Do girls not respond to your dms on there?

>projecting
Nobody wants you here. Just keep quiet so we can at least pretend you killed yourself.

You don't know what projection is. I've been here since 2007. It slowly got infested with reddit cancer and then eventually even Facebook and Instagram

Youre shit and need to fuck off, youre not impressing anyone with your epic edgy memes you steal from here except shitheads just like you

>epic
>edgy
>since 2007
>reddit

youre shit and the reason this place has been dead and lame for years now.

>reddit not capitalized, but Facebook and Instagram are
>typing "youre" to give the impression that you're not on your phone anymore
Pathetic.

>on Sup Forums since 2007
>dead and lame for years now
Then fucking go, Christ.

haha plebbit soyboy XDD

Bands are allowed to release 3 shit albums and still be called legendary. Arcade Fire have only released 1 so far.

I saw this thread and decided to give Neon Bible another listen after however many years.

Funeral > The Suburbs > Neon Bible > haven't heard the other two

Kinda underwhelmed by Neon Bible right now. Maybe it's just me. There's just not much going on in this album. I like Antichrist Television Blues and My Body is a Cage.

The Suburbs = Funeral > Neon Bible > Reflektor > s/t EP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything Now

Because Sup Forums has shitty taste.

Neon Bible is the best Arcade Fire album - really top work from them.

not this guy but I'm from Vancouver, I like Japandroids, Destroyer (Dan Bejar), Brasstronaut, The Zolas, Dan Mangan, Mother Mother, and The Pack A.D.
As much as I love this city, this guy is objectively wrong to say that Toronto < here

Neon Bible is the Reflektor of 2007.
>lol I released a really good album a couple years ago
>here's a victory lap album

Hot take:
EP>Neon Bible>Funeral>Reflektor>>Evertjing Now

>leaving out the suburbs
don't be rude

Slot that in between Reflektor and Everything Now

>EP first
bitch, are you retarded?

no
old flame is my favourite song by them

>maudlin baroque music turned up to 11
>half the lyrics are shallow and don't focus on a topic with any semblance of depth
>songwriting is a lot of spinning wheels, and the rare times when songs change things it feels abrupt and completely out-of-place
>has 5 good songs, with 3 passable ones
>band tries their hand at obfuscating their social themes, only for most of the album's themes to be done better and with more depth on the following 3 releases
Stop shilling this album.

No cars go > Keep the Car running >>>>> Intervention

>most of the album's themes to be done better and with more depth on the following 3 releases
I think your calculations might be slightly off user.

>The Suburbs = Funeral
Please don't liken that filler ridden album with a genuine masterpiece ever again, thanks.

Hot take: the lyrics on Everything Now are far more poignant, significant, and well-delivered than the ones on Neon Bible, which alternate from ashamed of being so on-the-nose (in contrast with Everything Now being earnest and open about how blunt its lyrics are) and pointlessly cryptic.

>favorite Arcade Fire release is the EP
>favorite track off that EP isn't even Vampire / Forest Fire
contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Reflektor > Funeral > Neon Bible = The Suburbs

Haven't heard EN

Short tracks =/= filler. The Suburbs is just as good as Funeral considering the context of those shorter tracks. I'd argue that its pacing is miles better, instrumentation is more interesting and its composition is about as emotionally effective as Funeral.

The Suburbs = Funeral.

I would go far enough to say that that's a vast part of the reason why Everything Now sucks so hard. It lacks all poetry and the bluntness of its lyrics are so awkward and at times self-centered that it really gets in the way. Sometimes it helps to have some tasteful metaphors in there instead of singing "fuck Instagram" over a shitty disco track.
One of the only bands I've ever seen pull off "blunt" lyrics well is Xiu Xiu.

Arsoyde Fire is melodramatic manure for people who cry at Wes Anderson films.

Why can't newfags understand this?

>Look mom, I posted the soy meme again!

I don't think there's anything innately wrong with the way Win and Regine incorporate blunt messages into their lyrics. It speaks to an honesty and transparency that I'm not used to experiencing with most musicians, and that alone is refreshing. It's what makes a line like "Nothing's hid from us kids; you ain't fooling nobody with the lights out!" resonate more deeply than the pseudo-poetic but ultimately hollow lyrics of a song like "My Body Is a Cage", which coats lack of autonomy with metaphors and double-meanings that divorces any meaning from the words being said. There's no line on the album more frustrating than "I'm living in an age that calls darkness light", because he immediately deviates from that line of thought and leaves it hanging without anything approaching a conclusion or a place in the song generally. He's pinpointing a contradiction that has nothing to do with anything, and he never substantially deconstructs who calls darkness light, or why they do so. The album is littered with a bunch of half-baked theses and overly poetic non-sequiturs that come from nowhere and then go nowhere. It's an album where poetry goes to die, and it's as pretentious and meaningless as Dylan when he started getting big and it became expected of him to sing songs about the social climate of the '60s. To clarify: Dylan is a masterful wordsmith for the most part, but there was this brief period in the mid-'60s where his integrity slipped and he wrote horrible shit like "Tombstone Blues" and "Highway 61 Revisited" where parallels are formed to big things without enough thought put behind them to substantiate the foundational concepts. These are big issues with poetry. If you don't have anything to say and can't keep to your idea with some conviction and an ability to convey your ideas to an audience, you need to try a bit harder.

t.

This exact post has been made before word-for-word.
I suspect forced memeing here...

Because it's no self titled or Funeral

The EP isn't Sup Forums-core either, nerd.

Not saying you’re criticisms aren’t valid, but it’s worth remembering that even shitting out lyrics still has the potential to be wonderful and profound, even if it doesn’t mean anything. Van Morrison’s Astral Weeks for example

>"I know there's a good god...damn."
>"Some girls cut themselves; stand in the mirror and wait for the feedback"
>"Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, sometimes Sunday. Love is hard, sex is easy; god in heaven, would you please me"
The new Arcade Fire record is full of artless lines like these and it makes the album feel really tired and out of ideas. I don't know. Maybe you prefer it, and that's fine, but for me, I think this might be their first album with legitimately 'cringeworthy' moments.

Stream-of-consciousness lyrics, or just lyrics with no tangible meaning can be fine, if it suits the material. Arcade Fire are trying to say big things on Neon Bible and not really hitting the mark. It's not like the word salad John Lennon incorporated as a joke or the surreal shit Jeff Mangum used to build visually distinct images and specific feelings. I think of something like Remain in Light, too, where a lot of the lyrics on that album are kind of chaotic and nondescript. But with a track like "Crosseyed and Painless", I get the impression that the point is for some of the lyrics to be muddled because of lines that support that interpretation ("Isn't it weird? Looks too obscure to me!" or "Facts lost! Facts are never what they seem to be."), as well as the title of the song itself. It's a bit frustrating, but I can discern a basic theme of identity and falsehoods based on certain repeating elements. And that's an example of a lyrically cryptic song.

I kind of agree with you to a degree, but part of what makes me look past those elements is the earnestness in which everything is delivered. I can actually feel frustration, pity, and placid boredom bleed through the music when those lyrics are sung in the album. I think they're pretty bad on paper, but like a script in a movie lyrics can be transformed when placed in a different context, and I think for the most part Everything Now transforms potentially bad or cringe lyrics into ones I can understand or identify with.

I never said it was, didn't think Funeral was either. I'm just saying if those much better albums aren't unanimously praised around here, why would an inferior one.
Basically all I was saying.

MY BODY IS A CAGE

You responded to this question:
>>How come this masterpiece is not on Sup Forumscore?

With this statement:
>Because it's no self titled or Funeral

How does this not imply that the self titled is Sup Forums-core?

> i like the imagine dragons song
kys, worst on the album

because No Cars Go is the only good song

>Black mirror
>My Body is a Cage
>Ocean of Noise
>Keep the car running

Pretty much all the songs are good, and the polish on the songwriting and production is 10/10

"Compared to the band's debut, Funeral, Neon Bible has experienced breakthrough commercial success. During its first week, it debuted at number one in both Canada and Ireland, and number two in the United States, the United Kingdom and Portugal"

Its a classic case of "I like the first album I heard, not the best one"

I explained how I meant it already