Do you *really* listen to Lil B's music?

Do you *really* listen to Lil B's music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h3SGMDHSUbE
youtube.com/watch?v=GRpppbh2pY0
youtube.com/watch?v=3Df4ahXYfT0
youtube.com/watch?v=i8u6EodZseg
youtube.com/watch?v=sT2pRpIQbHs
youtube.com/watch?v=QbMv7rVsBIs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZghGHHBO_nU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, but I appreciate him as a person. I listened through 05 Fuck Em several years ago and I got the idea.

I used to listen to him a lot but haven't really for a few years now.

You really didn't get the idea.

yes, love him. hes genuinely one of the top 5 rappers in the game

Literally how though. What makes Lil B better than Big K.R.I.T., Kendrick, Kanye, Young Thug etc. ?

Bitch, I ain't never been a fuckin' lick
Even when a young nigga, I was still with the shit
With the "Brrrang-dang-dangs, and the ching-chong clips
Bitch wanna fuck, she gon' get the long dick
Got too much money, I ain't got the time
Nigga try and extort me, finna pull out the nine
Nigga superman, the glock made him fly
One day, he on earth, next day he in the sky
-basedgod

His authenticity.

Kendrick is a 1 trick pony, definitely a top tier rapper

Even if he has some issues, out of the active rappers today, he is definitely part of the upper crust.

But then again, with shit like Lil Pump, XXXTENTACTION, 6ix9ine around he doesn't much competition either.

I dunno, maybe it's just me being a jaded asshole or whatever, but I can't fathom anyone being as nice as Lil B and not be acting.

Anyway, even if Lil B is more 'real' than anyone else, does he actually have the technical capacity to outdo other top-tier rappers?

lil b made one of the greatest song of all time. not even being sarcastic, this shit goes hard.
youtube.com/watch?v=h3SGMDHSUbE

I've been listening to nothing but Lil B that past 3 days. My whole family is away and I have no friends. When it gets late and dark, I close all my windows and blast Lil B.

BASED FOR LIFE.

He can rap with the best of them (see XXL 2011 Freshman Cyphers).

I get him confused, was he in OF?

Love you, senpai.

shit goes STUPID cold. No lie.
lil B is an enigma. Most days, he just walks into the vocal booth and freestyles about what's on his mind that day.

Then there's those rare instances where he actually sits down and listens to a beat and writes bars around the beat, then revises his bars. That's when he murders. That's why he's GOAT

No, he was the original meme rapper basically.

>meme rapper
Difference between spouting memes and *becoming* a meme.

Across all of his mixtapes/albums there are good songs, but almost none of them as a whole are good. Godfather mixtape is solid across the board though.

I can't claim to have listened to everything the dude's done but I regularly listen to the essentials

>didn't listen to Black Ken
>didn't listen to Rain in England
>Godfather
Ironic hipster detected

he has some really good shit and the really bad shit was funny for a while but he shouldve dropped the based cooking shit after like 2012 cause its kinda sad seeing him still do it.

one of the things that draws me to lil b is that he has a unique image, and almost no ego.

>Essentials
Missing Pink Flame, 05 Fuck Em, Hoop Life, Respect Tha Bitch Vol. 1, and so much more.
Did you download these after seeing a thread here on Sup Forums?
Respect to you for being honest though; not like you could go wrong with any of his projects after the MySpace years.

69 and lil pumps recent albums r a lot better than DAMN

>it's sad to be yourself
heh

05 fuck em is 11/10

do u think he still wants to keep the shtick going i think moreso hes just out of ideas that made his old music amazing

You lack the fundamental understanding that his Based movement teaches; be yourself. What you perceive as a "schtick" is just somebody enjoying what makes them happy. Seems like you just fail to grasp the simple meaning to the man's actions & words.

>For I was that soldier

Black ken proved he's still incredibly relevant
Still though that's not saying much LOL
NIGGAS COULDN'T SEE, LET ME PART THE SEA

Do people listen to Lil B unironically or is it all just one big elaborate meme around his persona?

Cause a lot of his personality is a shitpost.

Basedworld really still be on four chins I see. Love you, basedfam.

Look. If you don't get it, you just don't get it.
Yeah, he has some ironic hipster bandwagon fans, but they don't outweigh the number of people who listen to his music by themselves with nobody around to impress or amuse. His personality comes off as "a shitpost" to you because you don't understand it (therefore it troubles you).

im saying his old based shit having fun was himself and now its lack of creativity

And I'm saying you don't know what you're talking about because his music has shown much versatility.
He produced all twenty-seven (27) tracks on Black Ken so I don't see the "lack of creativity" you're talking about.
It really just sounds like you're hating on a man that doesn't fit the pigeon-holes of hip-hop that make you comfortable.

i havent heard black ken

Then I can't respect your opinion.

I love lil b and he helped me get thru some rough times i thought he fell off a couple years back can u rec me some good lil b shit hes done recently

>If you don't get it, you just don't get it.
Do I need a certain level of intelligents?

Download Black Ken (latest project), Thugged Out Pissed Off (project before), and maybe Rain In England (not recent at all).

No, Morty. You just need to stop being a try-hard.

what did u think of his freestyle mixtape with chance he embarasses chance the "rapper"

That freestyle tape is underrated. Such a fun, lighthearted project to listen to, it always make me feel good.
My favorite track off of that one is "[We] Rare."
I wouldn't say BasedGod embarrassed Chance on that tape but he definitely had an easier time freestyling consistently than The Rapper.

im also gonna dl that shit

from a buzz persceptive chance shoulve at least help his own but maybe im underrating lil bs freestyling ability

>You just need to stop being a try-hard.
When you start A defense for an artist with "You just don't get it." I'm gonna have some fucking doubts about the quality.

Also the heavily ironic memes aren't helping your case.

Yes, not all of his mixtapes obviously but I have my favorites.

Hell yea task force hoe

Lil B can definitely freestyle his ass off. Moreso than a lot of new school rappers because of all the practice he's had with the based freestyles throughout the MySpace years. The Rapper didn't really stand a ... Chance.

If you haven't listened to his music then I don't have to defend it. If you're the poster I think you are then you only know of Lil B as a personality anyway.

>If you're the poster I think you are then you only know of Lil B as a personality anyway.
No I've listened to God's Son which was allegedly from Lil B 'fans his best project.

>God's Son
>from Lil B 'fans
Venture outside of Sup Forums once in a while and form your own opinions one of these days, tiger.

i heard birth of rap in 2010 i wasnt ready for it what other rapper could make a song that amasing

Sorry I typed the album name wrong.
My bad.

gods father is so overrated

from now on I'm just replying to this thread with pics of girls that love lil b, and links to lil b music videos

youtube.com/watch?v=GRpppbh2pY0

Oh yeah that'll help your credibility, sport.

yes

lil b ritualistically destroyed 35+ years of hip hop and if you listen to rap radio every single artist on there is practicing the new breed hip hop and they also have acknowledged "the basedgod" at one point whether that be on twitter or in real life

he is a punk hero and history will look back on him as such

ELLEN DEGENERES (x8)

youtube.com/watch?v=3Df4ahXYfT0

Black people who try to make music today are cringe and lame. They have no talent and their monkey man sounds don't sound good at all

For you, basedfam.
youtube.com/watch?v=i8u6EodZseg

youtube.com/watch?v=sT2pRpIQbHs

Charles Hamilton>Lil B
and based god knows this that's why he dedicated Black Ken to him among others
youtube.com/watch?v=QbMv7rVsBIs

youtube.com/watch?v=ZghGHHBO_nU