Can we discuss Midsomer Murders? I used to love this show. So quaint and comfy...

Can we discuss Midsomer Murders? I used to love this show. So quaint and comfy. Hadn't seen it in years since i stopped watching network TV, but randomly decided to stream the latest episode. Something just isn't right about this show anymore. The original Barnaby is gone, but it wasn't just that. Something else was off but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Discussion points
>when did Midsomer Murders jump the shark?
>what is the best season/episodes?
>who is the best Sgt?

You actually expect Sup Forums to discuss good shows?
Kek.
This could have been RLM thread or a comfy little sheev/baneposting but noooooo.

Psychopathic children protecting their mother is best episode.

There are already dozens of shitposting threads currently active. I expect lurking patricians to take refuge and give an opinion on Midsomer Murders. Did the show die when Nettles left?

I don't get why producers think switching the protagonist actor is a good idea

The only thing I liked about this show was the unknown 10/10 beautiful English actresses that appeared on the show from time to time.

I was always too stupid to follow the vague random clues in each episode which pointed to the murderer identity. Anyway it got ruined when they demanded more "diversity" in the cast.

This show sucks. That's all I have to say.

I guess Nettles just got tired of doing the same damn show for years and years.

His replacement does a decent enough job, but the show is just boring now. It was never a smart show or anything, but it really has become braindead

Was there a negro in it or something?

to keep the cash flowing, i believe its as popular as ever with normies.

True about the beautiful actresses.

I did notice that there were a lot of indians in the latest episode.

The one with the shotgun rig? I haven't seen that in years and I still remember that part.

Going a little bit off topic but on the threads of diversity and British shows, I caught a rerun of New Tricks the other day. After everything is resolved, one of the main cast all but physically assaults one of the episode's characters.
The reason for his fury is that the target did not properly look after his wife's son.

Now don't get me wrong, I generally don't give a fuck about SJW or anti-SJW noise, and I recognize how beneficial a good step-parent can be towards a child's development.
But this one scene disturbed me all the same. It was a respectably masculine character of authority written to practically scream "REAL MEN ARE KEKS" at the top of his lungs at the camera for a full minute.

That is the one.

My nigga, Midsummer murders is probably one of the comfiest shows out there. That episode with the ghost in the church was pretty good

>Midsummer

That's what Midsomer means, isn't it?

It's a pun. The county is named Midsomer. It just sounds like Midsummer.

Why would anyone want to live in Midsommer considering the large number of high profile murders?

Oh, okay. I'm not the first user in the reply chain and I haven't watched the show yet, and I assumed it was "Midsummer" in some Scandinavian language. Welp.

Recommend some kino british mysteries to a pleb.

I've only seen Death in Paradise.

Because the murderers always get caught?

Barnaby is the shittest detective, takes him 8 murders for him to figure out who did it out of pure trial and error

Pic related, an actress from one of the episodes.

Also Midsomer is based on Sommerset

Touch of Frost

I don't think the dead people care about that.

Seargent Gavin "Smoke the Fags" Troy is best, you could never have an openly-gay-hating character as a good guy these days.

And the show jumped the shark with the Stag Night rape gangs episode I think.

>when they added black characters to the newer episodes of Absolutely Fabulous and As Time Goes By

>Barnaby is the shittest detective, takes him 8 murders for him to figure out who did it out of pure trial and error
Barnaby hardly ever arrests the wrong person. The sergeants always want him to though.

I like Dudgeon as Barnaby, I was never as fond of his supporting cast though, they got rip of the WPC who was okay, and it was a real shame when Bullard left, but the show didn't have a consistently lower quality until after Jones left.

Whenever this show is on I end up getting distracted by it and then watching the whole episode. I don't know if it's meant to be satire but it gets me good. This must be where Hot Fuzz got its inspiration.