How the fuck do I get into this album? I can't make sense of anything I'm hearing after many listens...

How the fuck do I get into this album? I can't make sense of anything I'm hearing after many listens. I love Manifestations 2002, but man this is insane.

listen to Si monvmentvm reqvires, circvmspice, its a much better album

kys t b h

Thanks for the rec, user. Is there a genreal power ranking that I should be aware of?

explain t b h

>GOD OF TERROR
>VERY LOW DOST THOU BRING US
>VERY LOW HAST THOU BROUGHT US
>*drumsssss*
>*fast pinch harmonics*
>SENSATIONSS OF EVERLASTING ROT
>AND THOSE FRANTIC WAILS

what is there to explain?

most people say Paracletus is their best release but i disagree. its still a pretty good album though

I understand that ,conceptually, the album might be amazing, but there is nothing here that I can find to attach myself to the music. Which is saying something as I usually like esoteric / off the wall, dissonant music, e.g.: John Zorn, late Scott Walker, etc. but it's just not clicking for me. I'm wondering if there is some frame of reference or different perspective that I should keep in mind while listening to this album.

I really like Manifestations 2002, but I'm gonna try this again sooner or later, but I'm thinking about trying Paracletus, or Si monvmentvm

well, you like what you like user, maybe it's not for you

ᵖˡᵉᵇ

T-thanks for the perspective, Abbath, sir...

There is nothing to get, you just have to pretend like everybody else

m8 who gives a single FUCK about some album you don't enjoy. Stop wasting your time and stick with WHAT INTERESTS YOU. If you don't enjoy it then it sucks ass, the end.

well you have an option not to like it you know

That's a fair way to look at it I guess. I just try to keep an open mind and challenge myself, I find that in itself to be interesting. A lot of times when I push my limits on what I find listenable and or enjoyable, I can revisit music I didn't like beforehand and completely fall in love with it. Idk if that makes sense.

This was the first DsO album I heard. I didn't think it was something you had to 'get', spooky dissonant black metal. Great album

I get you, I would say don't get too frustrated. But most of all you should take some time listening to other stuff and return to the challenging stuff later, I think that helps.

nvm i guess you already said that lol

I appreciate the words, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't frustrating as I already like some of their work, so I feel like I should automatically 'get' their other stuff, especially when the stuff I don't immediately like is widely considered their best work

lmao faggot

I'd say Fas is their most inaccessible album even though The Shrine of Mad Laughter is my favourite DsO track.

Paracletus is their most accessible album and arguably their best. The shorter tracks and album length suits them. To me, SMRC is too long and has a few tracks I could do without, but overall is still like an 8.5 out of ten.

They make magnificent EPs too. At a push, The Synarchy of Molten Bones is my favourite followed by Chaining the Katechon, Kenose, Mass Grave Aesthetics then Drought. All five are heavily recommended.

An impressive back catalogue!

OP, if you like that band I recommend you Teitanblood and Funeral Mist, those bands sound kinda similar, at least to me. Check em out if you are interested.

I think this album is one of the weaker ones. I would recommend Paracletus or Si monvmentvm like others have said. Also try their new album THE SYNARCHY OF MOLTEN BONES. best title.