BBC Sherlock has teased a 'groundbreaking' LGBT-based tweest in episode 3

>BBC Sherlock has teased a 'groundbreaking' LGBT-based tweest in episode 3
>HOWEVER the showrunners have explicitly stated that John and Sherlock pairing will not happen
Who's ready for trans Sherlock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9nOQsMmLKzQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eurus is the third brother, but she had gender reassignment surgery

That was a shit twist though, the show has finally and irreversibly jumped the shark, fuck Moffat and fuck this show

This always feel so forced. When it's implemented well it feels natural and I don't have a problem with it. But when shit like this "suddenly" happens it's always blatant pandering from atop their writer's soapbox. Why are they so intent on pleasing such a small minority?

hot dog or a bun

>inb4 people attack Moffat for making light of LBGT issues for the sake of drama.

They did the same for the Abominable Bride, when Moffat tried to make a feminist statement.

As long as it's a good episode I don't really care. Episode two was good tier.

My theory is that Sherlock is unconsciously imitating what he thinks Eunus is like
So he imitates her sociopathy and lack of empathy or emotion

So Sherlock has a long lost sister and she's actually the villain?
Is there more to it or it really the stupid soap opera tier twist it sounds like?

No, that's pretty much it

And she's a genius and master of disguise and much smarter than Sherlock

Shark = jumped

Why do faggots have to ruin everything?

Season 3 was are so Ive not bothered with this.

I didn't even know it was on.

They'll probably just bring in Watson's dyke sister or something

Why does everyone shit on Watson this episode? Hospital staff being straight up rude to his face. Even Ms. Hudson was being a bit of a shit towards him for no reason. The man's wife just died, and he apparently doesn't get to grieve?

>Why are they so intent on pleasing such a small minority
Pressure on Twitter, Facebook, and all of their social media pages from groups asking if there will be more diversity soon or more gay characters or whatever. I couldn't understand it, either, until I saw some of this stuff. Then it all made sense.

>Sherlock Holmes' younger smarter brother remade with a tranny

It's weird, since Wilder died so recently

>Why are they so intent on pleasing such a small minority?
TUMBLR

He's the only possible character that can be the fall guy for comic effect and to push whatever Moffat wants

>Ms. Hudson has to be a cool, unexpectedly hip old woman
>Mary gets to provide sage advice and Sherlock levels of forethought because of a shoehorned role
>Shirley is playing Exponential-Dimensional chess (and occupies the titular role)
>Mycroft is deliberately aloof and I imagine would rather be banging that older woman

Looks just like Uma Thurman

we can hardly infer any of that so far besides the disguise bit

Sherlock was so full of drugs, its no wonder he was missing some things

I wish writers didn't have internet connections.

Ms. Hudson is already a tranny on Elementary, they can't copy that

>less than 1% of the population identifies as trans
>tv producers suck their feminine penises for ratings
i still don't get it. is it just the freak factor that gets people to tune in? surely there aren't that many sympathizers out there. a vocal minority, sure, but nothing more than that, right?

>HOWEVER the showrunners have explicitly stated that John and Sherlock pairing will not happen

90% of the tumblr fans just want plain holmes/watson and nothing else. they didnt ask for more female characters or for trans characters, they just really want holmes and watson to bone and are tolerating all this other stuff being added. another portion of them want sherlock to fuck molly for some reason.

t. knower

One unconfirmed character user. One.

And if your going to reply with Moffat's other show, no the Master doesn't count.

youtu.be/9nOQsMmLKzQ

the entire channel is dedicated to >her explaining that sherlock and bilbo must be gay.
its complitely delusional, fascinating and hilarious. you really start to understand why homosexuality was considered a mental disease for the longest time.

>Not Watson/Moriarty

my point wasn't just about this show but about the trend of overrepresenting trans people in tv and movies

The writers have stated that they have no intentions to "suddenly out a character just for the sake of it" and that they have a very long term plan. Pretty much everyone involved with making the show has at some point described it as a love story, and/or said that the show is about "Sherlock and John's relationship", the official Sherlock channel on YouTube just referred to it as "the greatest love story never told" yesterday...Yeah, this isn't all leading up to "and then he was a tranny!!!" it's been pretty clear for a while that they are just intending to make Sherlock and John fall in love, whether very obiously or only showing it through subtext.

They've stated that one of their main 'templates' for the show is The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes--in that film, Sherlock is on drugs because he is gay. Watson doesn't realize this and is shocked/sadenned when he finds out, but has no romantic feelings for Holmes. They have already paraphrased lines, scenes, and situations out of that movie and mentioned that movie in a few interviews calling it both of their favorite movie.

In an old video from 2011 that is no longer easy to find, the writers are having a discussion where they talk about how people keep saying John and Sherlock are a couple, and they say something like "and it's great because they don't realize they're in...they love eachother--" then one interrupts saying "Series 4! Series 4!". This was before series 2 came out.

They have a long term plan and I feel pretty certain its for some vanilla gay sherlock/john (or some unlabelled ambiguous "they love eachother" type deal) and I really doubt there's gonna be sudden trans characters out of nowhere.

>reinforcing transgender as mental illness
Bravo Moff.

I don't care. It's the final episode and we're done with this shitshow.

Oh, something else related to this, is a certain group of fans have been following the development of this very closely and writing analysis of the show, one of the things they have is "the drink code" which claims that different drinks in the show have different meanings, part of this is that tea = gay and coffee = straight, in the most recent ep they literally said "is cup of tea...code? wouldnt you rather have...coffee?"--this might be a conincidence but probably not because some of the set design team also has shown signs of knowing about these analysis groups (they have another thing about the placement of elephants on the set, then some of the set design crew started posting pictures of elephants on ther twitter accounts with cryptic comments about it. and mark and steven answered a question about elephants with a comment acting like they didnt know why the question was being asked...but they gave it a (You) so obviously they did) and also mark and steven have replied to questions about tea/coffee (mark says he only drinks tea steven says he only drinks coffee), and the official youtube channel yesterday also replied to a random queston about drinks saying the host of the video only drinks tea.

This is just some silly stuff, there is actual evidence in the actual show all the way from the beginning that suggests a holmes/watson ending, but this stuff shows that the specific crowd that the writers are communicating with the most are the holmes/watson group. whether they have just been fucking with them we will see, but i don't think so.

Such as?

In season 1 they heavily implied Holmes was gay but since then they've dropped this completely and he has a thing for Irene Adler.

its a natural tendency to read something into a work of art that you want to find in it-
a bit like every conspiracy theory--- you interpret details to confirm your theory and reject anything against it as just a part of the conspiracy. thats why its useless to argue with these people- cant convince them that they are wrong

Maybe. I don't think they have dropped it completely, and I don't think he loves Irene, I think he is intrigued by her, and she by him--but I don't think it's love; Irene said she is gay and appears to have a gf, and in the canon she has a husband, and then they made a conversation about "it's just texting". But either way, I don't think it's impossible for the characters to be interested in two people at the same time. They've stressed pretty hard the entire time to show us Watson caring for Mary but being preoccupied by Holmes. In this last ep Holmes intentionally went into a situation not knowing if he would live or die, just to 'save' Watson, relying completely on the hope that Watson would realize and care enough to come save him. He went and saved Irene too but he looked pretty in control there, it was more of a sidenote instead of the entire story of the episode from what I recall. The episode was more about whether emotions are dangerous (Sherlock fucks up Mycroft's plans by showing off, Irene loses to Sherlock because she was sentimental)

>Yeah but the Earth is still flat.
>The water would fall off
>NOPE
>It's Flat.

>its a natural tendency to read something into a work of art that you want to find in it

I do agree with that, and that definitely could be going on here. I feel pretty autist for linking my own posts from a few threads ago for the second time (gonna feel dumb if youre the person I was talking to before..) but here is why I think this is what they are actually intending to do:

I don't watch other Holmes adaptations thinking they're going to turn them gay. I feel like the way this one has been written has been intentionally giving viewers that impression. Whether they will actually do it I don't know, but the stuff I am describing in the above posts does not seem coincidental at all, especially that hug scene that they for some reason edited like a sex scene under the hays code. wtf.

SO BRAVE. SO REVOLUTIONARY. MOFFAT FOR PRIME MINISTER

who cares if sherlock and watson are fugging? i think it's cute

after Korrasami actually happened, I'm never ruling anything out ever again.

>In season 1 they heavily implied Holmes was gay but since then they've dropped this completely and he has a thing for Irene Adler.

They also had Irene be bisexual, leaving it open for others to be as well.

this

I mean CMOON IT'S 2017!!

I dont understand Moffat's desire to make sure everybody knows he is the hackest writer ever.

When you think he cant make any shittier a plot ... there he goes and proves you wrong.

At the hand of the series will Sherlock reveal that all of this show was about one murder case.
The murder of a promising Sherlock serie by S. Moffat ?

There's definitely been a lot of intentional subtext and teasing, but having them actually become a canon couple would be a quantum leap beyond what's currently been established.

At the end of the series *

Oh my god

Martin should just pull another Lester

forgot pic

The only other thing I can say to support my view of it is that almost everyone involved with the show has said something along the lines of "If we pull this off, it will make television history" "If we do this right, it will be something that has never been done before" and the BBC linkedin recruitment page used to have a picture of Sherlock that said "be a part of making history".

I couple this with the fact that when Sherlock came out the BBC was conducting surveys about LGBT representation on screen and found that viewers wanted more "landmark" LGBT moments shown, meaning they wanted series that do things that have not been done before and became cultually iconic, and show unambigous LGBT romance on screen with meaningful characters, instead of incidentally gay side characters. The team of sherlock has talked about gayness on the show a few times That could all mean anything, but following my point of view on it, I don't think it means Sherlock hooks up with Irene, since that has been done several times before and would definitely in no way be "television history", it was done even while Arthur Conan Doyle was still writing (Gilette stage adaptation had a female love interest for holmes, though I think her name was different she was based on Irene). Benedict cumberbatch said recently "love conquers all" is the message of series 4, and gatiss/moffit/verdue all seemed to be biting their tongues when he said this, then mary's actress said something about the ending making television history and verdue bugged her eyes like she didnt want her to continue.

Yes, this is alot of extrapolation and I am not going to rage is this isn't what ends up happening, I just think it does all seem a bit more intentional than coincidental. I don't know what else they would be doing that would be so "historic" that they would keep bringing it up like that.

kek

Oh, and just a post someone made on tumblr...not gonna edit out their tumblry way of typing; i just want to add the info about who is making/funding the show:

>this show has been lovingly crafted with care and joy by at LEAST three gay men in major positions (mark gatiss, andrew scott, and joe lidster) , commissioned enthusiastically and given a significantly larger budget by a gay man (ben stephenson), and involves dozens more people who openly support lgbt rights/causes/charities and who may be lgbt themselves. WHY would ALL of these people decide that they want to collaborate to create the single most extreme and cruel example of queerbaiting [misleading the viewers to think the characters will be gay just for views/teasing/shock value etc.] EVER???? WHY WOULD THEY EVER DO THAT WTF

I don't think Mufftits and crew are saints who wouldn't mislead the viewers rooting for gay shit but it does seem reasonable that they might actually be doing this.

That's the last of the ""evidence"" that I have, again I am not praying that this is going to happen or anything, it just seemed like there is alot of funny business going on and that some of the circumstances point to it not just being to tease people but it might be their actual plan.