What’s the consensus?

What’s the consensus?

Nobody but you and me have heard this album user

Just listening to this right now. It sounds like a fucking mess and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Shitty

overrated.

By whomst, may I ask, is it rated too highly by?

crap

I'm leaning towards it being a good thing. I don't know how something this frenetic and sharp can be soothing to me, but it is. It's probably the soft synth noises and hypnotic repetition. Whoever produced this has a pretty good understanding on how to lay down syncopation with the percussion elements. Even a lot of genius-level DJs like Aphex Twin muddy up otherwise good music with bad percussion. This definitely doesn't have that problem. So that's nice.

Cool cover

>Aphex
>bad percussion

Eat shit Donnie.

thotcore

nah thots love machismo

6/10 overrated af

Cover is better than the music. His next ones would be worse (cover and music-wise).

>Whoever produced this has a pretty good understanding on how to lay down syncopation with the percussion elements
>Even a lot of genius-level DJs like Aphex Twin muddy up otherwise good music with bad percussion
You haven't listened to jungle or bothered with it's production tricks in your life. Never comment on this music again you dumb dilettante.

>posting with a trip
>not knowing Machinegirl

Get the fuck out.

bretty good Op :----DDDD

best electronic album of the 2010's

Its a great album, love machine girl. Live shows are some of the best going right now

Gave it a chance but I couldn't get into it

Watered-down jungle for american liberal snowflakes (codename s*yb*ys).

DHR for the soy generation. Very unfortunate.

cool album. just a bit too long

bretty good youtube recommendation tier electronic

I remember listening to this once, Ienjoyed it

It's fucking great what are you guys talking about

>Waaaahhhh somebody criticised muh jungle
Most of RDJ Album is needlessly complicated in its syncopation and it detracts away from the music itself. Same for a track like "Come to Daddy (Pappy Mix)", which ruins all of its industrial pastiche with a drum beat that drains all the life from the music. Now stop complaining like a drama queen the moment anybody criticises something you like, especially when you fall back on the argument that they're a "dilettante" who doesn't know anything about jungle, solely because they have criticisms of a guy who incorporates jungle in his music.

garbage for people who don't actually like dance music

>RDJ Album
>needlessly complicated

Pretty hype upon release, it's alright.

Also accurate.

Seeing them live puts their albums into context. Also the drummer is really friendly and does music lessons for kids when he's not touring

It really is. I get the impression Aphex Twin loved pushing sound as much as he could without it becoming annoying, but RDJ Album (especially quite a few songs in the last half) are compounded with genre contradictions, beats that oftentimes don't line up with the melodies, and shifts in the musical progression that are incredibly jarring. "Equation" and "4" are examples of him completely nailing this highly textured and unconventional style, but something like "Cornish Acid" or "Carn Marth" or probably even "To Cure a Weakling Child" are distracting, top-heavy with small ideas clamouring to all be taken into consideration as the most important idea, and the result is something that is neither fun or compelling. It can be okay for music to be boring if there's something deep or challenging within, but RDJ Album isn't challenging in addition to it not being very fun. Aside from some very solid tracks like "Girl/Boy Song", "4", and "Fingerbib" (well, the first 2 minutes of "Fingerbib"), it's easily his worst LP.

Your posts read like a pitchfork review.

Good retort.

I can see To Cure A Weakling Child, but the rest?

I really have a problem with "Cornish Acid" because of the way it shifts drastically between segments, repeats itself with a stunning sort of sterility given the manipulation going on with the sounds. Music that bent and disfigured should be compelling and interesting, but with "Cornish Acid" I keep hearing the same ugly melody in different keys being played over and over with overly orchestrated (and decidedly un-"danceable", which is a quality of music Richard values highly) beats. I'm serious when I say everything he did before and after was either more musically interesting or just generally more fun to listen to. Even a song like "Milkman" off of the Girl/Boy EP played with those disparate elements in a more efficient and effective way.

>DJs like Aphex Twin
>bad percussion

bandcamp overhyped shit

>tripfag
>doesn't know jackshit about music

the absolute state of this shithole

Crazium is generally better left ignored but he's backing up his opinions, which is more than any of you can say. Stop being a coward and make a real argument.

for people that say it's bad electronic music: explain why? I think MG is a soy boy faggot but I find wlfgrl to be enjoyable, original, and "good" electronic music, I don't see why people call it technically bad

t. Crazium

it's a mishmash of styles and genres that don't go anywhere and aesthetically is too ironic and doesn't serve the influences justice

lone's galaxy garden is basically this guy's styles minus the whole amateurishness of it

it's awesome, but their newest shit is better, esp live

jesus, get your head out of your enlarged dickhole

9.5/10
best breakcore and footwork project ever made

hey mg

the novelty definitely wears off after the first few listens but it's certainly a fun album, i was massively disappointed at his latest though

>best breakcore and footwork project ever made

compared to his recent atrocity, wlfgrl is the most cohesive and polished album ever looool

love it
his subsequent releases got weaker and weaker

some tracks are pretty annoying, but most of them are straight bangers for me

Good album. Insufferable artist.

I apologize for my gender

consensus is that some people like it and some people don't

just like everything else. There is no hive mind.

even as a girl this shit pisses me off, if you say the slightest thing about women they flip their shit but somehow blaming every school shooting on "boyz r mean >:(" is acceptable? and then a (i assume, they look like a fuckin dyke) male agrees with this? i want to get out of clown world

Everything you post is extremely fucking embarrassing. Just fuck off back to /r/indieheads or rym or whatever other shithole you crawled out of.

Wow you sure showed me.

Thanks for proving my point, faggot. Go deepthroat a cactus or something.

stop feeding the tripfag and ittl go away.

>Go deepthroat a cactus or something
Cringe

I feel the same way about the current unashamed bashing of white people. But a black kid wears a tshirt with the word monkey on it and riots ensue

it's alright, some of it feels messy just for the sake of messy which kinda undermines the actual music imo

yeah all the hypocrisy is fucking stupid
if you want to get revenge on the white devil for slavery just say so, don't cover it up with pretenses of being tolerant and progressive

Machismo?
Never heard them before

Fine. It's like a decent low-end Samsung, but Apex Twin is still the iPhone

it’s cool. i like gemini better, the pink cover with all the remixes and stuff

best artist of the '10s

>making a bigger show out of my involvement with this thread than I was to begin with
How embarrassing. You might call it "cringe".

This is the most warped analogy I've heard in a while. Applecucks need to be gassed.

>not having an iPhone

either poor or a hipster

Trips on Sup Forums are a class you have to graduate to, buddy.

go to bed Machine /girl