What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ZnrBurQff4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I watched the trailer and couldn't tell roughly what's the plot, what's the antagonist or anything

not white

Honestly no one cares about brown people.

People in Polynesia, Asia, Mexico all pretty much want to see white people, white cartoons, and shit.

Also the one people who might want to see it, Polynesians, didn't like how it depicted their culture, which is another reason why its safer to open up a Mother Goose book and pick up another western story.

Not enough Tamatoa screentime

Exactly this compounded by this They made an animated film with a brown princess, which is historically not a money earner and then they marketed it by not showing anything at all about the story or explaining why we should be interested in seeing the characters.

not my culture, i'm just not interested

>have the ability to make character look any way you want
>make her shade of nigger
>make her fat

PROGRESS

Disney thought people would prefer watching singing niggers over twinks and they were wrong

They failed to capture the little girl market because little girls want pretty little princesses like Elsa. Same thing happened with Brave: main character was too boyish.

At the same time, they failed to capture the little boy market because they kept putting the female main character first and foremost. It's why Rapunzel was renamed to Tangled in America, or why Frozen wasn't named The Snow Queen: little boys don't want to go see some girl movie with a girl name.

You can try to blame her skin color, but Aladdin featured brown characters as well and was super popular. Truth is, it was too boyish for little girls and too girly for little boys.

Here's your (You) shitposter-kun. I'm very impressed by your racism and also your ideas of what women should look like.

terrible promotion and this and this

you only watch movies about your own culture? what?

I liked the movie, the only thing that prevented the movie from being a success is the princess pet, that fucking chicken was obnoxious

except The Jungle Book and Aladdin were huge successes

>Tomboys are unmarketable
DELET THIS

> $450+ million is a flop now

Well meme'd, everyone.

He said it in a crass way but he's not exactly wrong.

I was expecting an ending scene with him
something

Never said it was a flop, though.

It has been less successful than Frozen and Zootopia.

Oh, I see what she's done, she's covered a barnacle in bioluminescent algae, as a diversion.

Formula getting stale

Unlike Frozen, it had almost no real ad campaign and was released with plenty of competition. Look at the movies released alongside Frozen, basically nothing. Zootopia meanwhile was about talking animals, which always has more universal appeal.

ok but when will we have our hentai version of moana? If you have a link then by all means post it here

I guarantee the executives at Disney see it that way. It's all about expectations and opportunity cost.

Which movies depict a hopeless NEET who spends all of his free time watching movies, shitposting on an alt-right safe space and masturbating?

By the time it finishes its theatrical run, it'll have made well over half a billion. I guarantee you studio execs see that as hugely impressive considering it's an entirely new property.

Frozen was successful because everyone wanted to fuck Anna/Elsa. Zootopia was successful because everyone wanted to fuck Judy.

Moana, aside from having a forgettable name, doesn't have a fuckable protagonist. That's all there's to it. People like to pretend they go to movies that are "interesting", but it's all about how much they want to fuck the characters.

>b-but the kid audience
Parents decide what to watch. The kids just tag along for the ride.

Not a movie but the Sam Hyde TV series.

>Frozen was successful because everyone wanted to fuck Anna/Elsa. Zootopia was successful because everyone wanted to fuck Judy.

This is what happens when you don't manufacture hype with shills bloggers and youtubers. Every capeshit movie should be making these numbers

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you need an adult?

I heard there's an anime about it

Look, you may not think you want to fuck Judy Hopps. The thought might not have even occurred to you, on a fully conscious level.

But deep in your subconscious, you know you want to. Your brain knows you want to. And that's all it takes to make you keep thinking about Zootopia. About how much you want to see that bunny movie. You know, "just for laughs".

Disney knows this. They've been designing sex appeal into their characters since the seventies.

99% of the world aren't autistic retards that would pay to see a movie because they fantasize about a fucking rabbit. And even those who are just download it.

>99% of the world aren't autistic retards that would pay to see a movie because they fantasize about a fucking rabbit.
That's where you're wrong. Subconscious sex appeal affects everyone.

It affects you, too. You just don't realize it.

Your autistic little theory makes no sense at all because Moana too would have been designed with subconscious sex appeal in mind.

>brown skin
>brown eyes

LUL

>Your autistic little theory makes no sense at all because Moana too would have been designed with subconscious sex appeal in mind.
That's the thing: Animation has been co-opted by multiculturalism and feminism. It is no longer acceptable to design rabbits that your average viewer wants to cum balls deep inside. Everything needs to be "body positive" now.

This will eventually become the downfall of Disney.

>You just don't realize it.
Ofcourse i do. And i still wouldn't pay to see a movie because they created a bunny with sex appeal, which they hardly even did. She's no lola bunny.

>This will eventually become the downfall of Disney.
Nah disney doesn't give a crap about morals. They will adapt to whatever they can analyze the market wants. If they never get it right, then that will be their downfall.

I wanted to fuck Moana. I don't even know where this fat meme comes from. She's clearly got a flat tummy.

What the fuck are you talking about? Moana looks just like any other mainline Disney girl since Tangled, only brown.

I thought it was pretty good overall. The things I thought were a bit lacking were the plot being a bit basic despite there being more potential with the shapeshifting power for something more unique, and some of the songwriting I thought was pretty weak. But the music and animation were excellent and Moana was pretty hot.

I don't get why people ITT think Moana is fat. Do they think Maui is Moana? Or are they just blind?

Do Maui and Moana hook-up, or is like the Hunchback of Notre-Dame where the unattractive guy can't get the girl?

They don't but it's not impossible for it to happen after the events of the movie.

They don't actually think that, they're shitposters. What can you expect from a bunch of racist NEETs hiding behind their computer screens all day?

There isn't any romance in the movie, thank god

>Fat brown dude can't get the girl

This is female privilege

It was a cute movie. Hated the music.

Yeah, but they probably planned for it to make another 200-300 million more, so only making $500m would be considered under-performing.

best song coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=4ZnrBurQff4

>they probably planned for it to make another 200-300 million more

Yeah no. Calling bullshit.

>only $500 mil
(((they probably planned)))

I can't begin to wrap my mind around how espousing a sentiment like this makes any sense at all

So you're saying you also can't watch any science fiction or fantasy films because they don't explicitly deal in facets of what you recognize as a familiar culture?

It seems like having a mindset like this would naturally preclude you from enjoying about 99% of media ever made.

But of course, what you really meant to say is that you actually just hate brown people

Newt has a way of creeping into threads when you least expect him. Not that I'm complaining.

It's not bad, but the plot is super generic. The ending felt rushed. Perhaps the strongest aspect of the film were the dialogues between Moana and Maui.

am I supposed to pretend to hate this movie too?

That fucking chicken was the only original thing from the movie

I had a hard time choosing between this and Dr. Strange. Went for Moana and no regrets at all.

You could argue that it's generic because it's a pretty straightforward hero's journey (Departure, Initiation, Return), but I thought that it really managed to harness the power of myth and feel truly compelling.

>They made an animated film with a brown princess, which is historically not a money earner
PaTF and Pocahontas were both really mediocre movies, which is one of the reasons why they weren't successful.

So little girls are all fucking racists?

>People who thinks a movie that makes 400m in the box office means that the producer company gets all that 400m

Why are people so dumb?

Someone post the webm of the girl and her sister getting nigger dolls for Christmsa

No sex scenes.

Frog was shit but Pocahontas was actually pretty good.

People need to just learn that brown people (blacks, really) are not a box office draw.

Plus, supposedly Pocahontas cost 55 million (to maybe 100m total with marketing?) and made over 300m in Box Office. It's not good but it's not terrible either, it seems like it did alright.

Disney needs to let Pixar go

no rabbits i wanna fuck

are you stupid

are you?

she has a fat face