Tfw one day robots will make better music then people

>tfw one day robots will make better music then people

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JCS3WvYRhek
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't think they will, because soul or "feel" is probably the most important aspect of music and they won't have that.

fuck i was just thinking of this. i think they will.

nah robots are dumb as shit they only do what we tell em to

We are robots.

>better

this

Idk, there are soundcloud threads on /r9k/ they've got a long way to go

We are the music makers.

I think such a thing is impossible. Such a big part of music is the aesthetic and the visual component. Also a robotic algorithm would simply be too filtered, it would take the broadest approach most likely and try to distill the contemporary zeitgeist to a sonic essence. This would result in a disturbing lack of character without any distinctive facet to appreciate.

this already happens you grandpa

robot here, feels good

stay man skinbags

>implying the pop industry and our current consumerist pseudo-culture isn't soulless and robotic already

But then again, with the right amount of data, who knows what it would be capable of reenacting.

How did you pass the captcha?

I bought a pass

what is the soul if not electromagnetic energy filtered and meshed in this dimension trough/by our bodies and sensory organs? why wouldn't a computer be able to do this some 10 years down the line?

Let's see a computer sing and play guitar

this

Kek

>one day

>soul or "feel"
>implying this isnt placebo

There's no such thing as "soul" or "feel". It's just very precisely and thoughtfully done - a robot could definitely learn it. We aren't so special, we aren't that different from robots.

Oh, well. There will be no need for music anyway in our bright future

That I disagree with. Organised sound is everywhere, we can't live in silence.

Kek

Any music with proper improvisation in it is impossible to recreate with any amount of machine learning below a fully formed independent AI.

That means we should start moving to more solo-heavy music if we want to avoid bleep-bloop hell.

And remember, Pop was taken over in the 1990s.

Come on, you've heard chinese pianists, even humans can be too robotic to make good music.

TOO LATE MOTHERFUCKERS!

youtube.com/watch?v=JCS3WvYRhek

Generative music. You can program your gear to assemble harmonious songs by assigning ever changing, LFO-derived & essentially randomized values (within specific tolerances) to various controls & parameters.

If you're a bad enough dude, a song will literally assemble itself right in front of you. It's a fun way to kill time when you're dead ass tired during a live set.

But Kraftwerk already perfected robot music 40 years ago

pls no bully the skynet, sir