What's the Final Fantasy XV of movies?

What's the Final Fantasy XV of movies?

something that was in development for a very long time and way behind schedule, and constantly had delays, setbacks and changes, but despite everyone's misgivings actually turned out to be very good.

>but despite everyone's misgivings actually turned out to be very good.
Bullshit.

I'd say it's Avatar. All that time to work on it, all that hype, then it's just "meh"

Fury Road.
No one thought it was going to be good.

>actually turned out to be very good

weebs don't even have taste in video games do they

Kingsglaive

Yeah this

Final Fantasy Kingslaive

it's literally connected to FF XV

except it's not you plebeian redditor

They made it in like 6 months.

you have to go back

Avatar was in the making a long time wasn't it?

Except it is you meme loving buzzword spouting faggot.
In fact, it was probably overrated by critics because everyone thought it was going to be another Thunderdome.
>le Sup Forums contrarian board tells me it's bad so it is bad

What movie drastically overestimated how much I would like a twink stopping something important to take pictures?

In that case Tree of Life. It took close to a decade to film and was delayed several times. And once it came out they decided a photograph of grass was more important then the plot.

Well done.

>but despite everyone's misgivings actually turned out to be very good.

kek. Someone is still in denial about square-enix's collapse. Only sonyggers still think the japanese industry isn't dead as fuck.

When will the Japanese stop using these faggy 00's emo hairstyles in their manga/anime/video game character designs?

I also wish that the Final Fantasies with better settings and characters were the ones that were animated. Like the first five or so titles, and especially the Tactics series such as War of the Lions and Grimoire of the Rift.

Overall though, nevermind much the other stuff, that ridiculous hairstyle and all its variants that they use for male characters needs to get gone.

>actually turned out to be very good.
you don't actually mean that do you?

I just wish the Japanese would channel their creative genius into something that's not completely autistic.

JRPGs are literally unplayable for me because of how bad the dialogue, character design and map design is. I could get past turn based combat, even though it's fucking shit, if the past three factors were improved.

Agreed, I love the FF gams but always hated how faggy they make the men look. The female designs are incredible, but the male designs are just shittier versions of the females.

It wasn't literally in development for a total ten years you fucks. It was more like three.

>I could get past turn based combat
I would love turned based instead of this hold x shit they have now.

Movies are a visual medium, the photo was more important.

Calm down cletus

I hate the kingdom hearts style combat

FF versus XIII trailers looked infinitely better. God what a shit show.

>turned out to be very good
It's not a good game, it's just very pleasing to the eye. I think many people confuse that for being enjoyable.

I'm liking the game so far, but I'm only on chapter 1. The biggest problem is that there is no world building, and based on the spoilers, there won't be any. I watched Kingsglaive, and I'm still not immersed into the world of FFXV.

The game tries to be FFXII with a Kingdom Hearts-like battle system, but it fails in both aspects. For all the shit FFXII's story got, at least it had one.

Wait is FFXV out now!???

>actually turned out to be very good.

I'm getting all my game reviews from him now.

Yeah. I know it's shallow, but the notoriously poor male character designs are often enough to put me entirely off of ever playing or watching many of the titles, and I know fully well that they couldn't care less that I, only one person, am not supporting their products because of whatever reasons.

It still sucks all the same. The stupid male hairstyles are hardly all that bother me about the series, but it's still such an enthusiasm-killing aspect of it all for me. And you're right, the female design ls are usually very well done. Many of the males' designs are also well done, but unfortunately more often than not, the protagonists and/or many prominent male characters have some sillily stupid designs.

Sometimes, the design of a male character is great except for the fucken retarded j-poprock/00's American emoscene hairstyles, it's almost always the Goddamned douchy hairstyles that totally ruin otherwise acceptable make characters' designs.

its a million times better than the crapfest that was the 13 series that unfortunately took an entire console generation

It's actually my GOTY for last year

1. FFXV
2. Fire Emblem
3. Overwatch
4. Doom
5. Dark Souls 3

fuck (((you))) fucken typos, aaaaaaaaggghh!..)

>Akihiko Yoshida was initially told by Hiroyuki Ito that pic related would be the protagonist, but then he was forced to draw Vaan as the protagonist

>"it's good because it's better than [insert a shit game/movie]"
how is this even an argument? both games are crap but after playing XV it actually made me appreciate XIII more. we really took it for granted

>actually liking 13 more than 15
not sure if you're an edgy hipster or have genuine shit taste

I didn't even play XIII, so I don't care. Last one I played was XII, and I'm truly baffled by this game's complete lack of world building. The fact that the everybody in the party in the party's introduced at the beginning, bugs the shit out of me. I just don't like the game's presentation.

And again, I am still on the first chapter. I did a lot of grinding and mob hunts. The game is entertaining in that aspect. But RPG-wise, there's nothing there. And the fact that Squeenix turned everything that happened in Kingsglaive into a cutscene is downright disgraceful.

to be fair, ivalice is the most developed world in any final fantasy game and has mutliple games, whereas ffxv is the first one in eos

and why do you want to see the whole kingsglaive thing again? I don't want a repeat of the same story, its nice to have a parallel story and not worry about it.

>no world building
>ff12
What the fuck, did you turn off your ears? Ff12 has thenmost world building of any ff game what are you even smoking?

I think he was talking about 15.
If 12 did something right it was the settings and world building.

You lack reading comprehension. Wow.

But the everything that happened in Kingsglaive is a huge part of the story. Maybe Square should have integrated all of that into the actual game, instead of using snippets to give the player a hint of what was happening.

The fact that one has to watch a movie to understand what happens in a game, is a failure in and of itself.

Not that guy but the other user messed that up. From the structure of that sentence "this" would refer to XII that was just mentioned.

i was bummed about having to watch an entire movie before playing the game but it wasn't a terrible movie honestly, the king regis scenes were pretty good even if they made Luna look like a dogface for some reason.

I didn't hate the movie, but where is the story in the game? Why am I automatically put with a group of twinks? Where is the world building?

>I didn't hate the movie, but where is the story in the game? Why am I automatically put with a group of twinks? Where is the world building?

Final Fantasy games generally throw you right in the middle of the action. FF7 starts with a raid on sector 7, ff9 starts with abducting the princess.

8 starts you off slow, 10 does too.