Tolkien would be proud.

youtube.com/watch?v=kWS93ZuEKuM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fwe0rnHak
youtube.com/watch?v=sTl0nms_5ow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to kill myself after watching that

Tolkien wept

It looks like fucking world of warcraft.

>gandalf can't defeat a troll
>it chokes to death in 1 second

it's not worth me critiquing anything else.

I just realized I never even watched this

Lucky you

Jesus christ, those effects.
It looks like a fucking Dreamworks movie character tripped and fell into a made-for-redbox live action fantasy film.

Gandalf, the most incompetent Maiar of all time.

Indeed, why does the CGI in LotR look superior.

Would Eru have still intervened in his behalf if he died to some random troll in Dale because his staff ran out of batteries or some shit?

No, I think Eru would personally destroy his spirit for insulting him by proxy.

Lord of The Rings
>"From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought him, the Balrog of Morgoth."
>"Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside."
The Hobbit
>I dodged the trolls blows from left to right while trying to fix my glitchy staff
>until a greedy tranny launched himself with a catupult into the trolls mouth and choked it to death

i dont care about muh tokien ruined lore i enjoyed movie so did my 3 friends in cinema

He was lying in lotr though, we never saw the dead balrog, we only had his word that he didn't run like a bitch

>we only had his word that he didn't run like a bitch
Gandalf would not run after holding off the Balrog at the bridge like that. And Gandalf would not take the risk of leaving the Balrog so that it might join Sauron.

Why did I click this

I knew it would be bad. I knew.

Literally execute those responsible

I wish I were so easily amused.

Gandalf should have brought an extra pair of batteries.

Gollum was the only good CGI in those Hobbit movies.
Smaug was also decent.

Where did the budget go?

>Even the gold coin is CGI
KEK
What the hell
These movies was definitely not rushed

It's both WETA.

HE RAN OUT OF MANA U GUISE

Seriously though, video game jokes in a video game movie, seems fitting.

No clue. LotR was 300m and Hobbit was 1000m
Yeah, inflation, but still.

>MUH HFR
There must be more than that

Looking at this, and at Jackson's filmography in general, I can only conclude that LotR was an happy accident and that man has just shit tastes that were miraculously reined in during the production of the first trilogy.

>b-but he had no time
You just cannot green-light this shit. If you have no time, you don't spend money and hours on overlong, over the top bullshit like this.

>When an army just consist of one type of soldier with 0 variation
wew
Boy did they not try

Watch the appendices of LotR.
Jackson shows that he got some clue, at least with directing and doing a big scale production. But he relies heavily on the ideas of the people around him and he also had good actors who really forced Jackson to do things differently. Peter also says that he loved miniatures and doing things without CGI, but that seems to have changed...
LotR was not a happy accident, but just a really good group of people, who worked well together and had years of pre-production.
The hobbit had weeks of pre-production and was rushed, which is the main reason for the low quality.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fwe0rnHak

um towards the end it shows the balrogs corpse

the first three movies were full of this shit too.

Funnily enough in Warcraft it was the humans that looked off.The orcs were fucking great.
This on the other hand.....What the fuck Peter Jackson?!

If it was rushed, why did he spend valuable time filming fucking asinine scenes like OP's?

>Over 20 minutes of new and extended rancid shit
Seriously, fuck the inclusion of Legolas up the ass with a rusty sawblade.
"Go and find a guy name Strider, as for his real name, you will have to find that for yourself. Ah ha ha ha *knowing wink* *raise eyebrow* *slap thigh*"

I found them more subtle, frankly. perhaps worsening from fotr to Rotk.

FotR: Legolas defies gravity, wee see him walking above snow, but is subtle and not focused on
TT: bullshit with shield but is not that bad, bullshit mounting on the horse with acrobatics, but bearable
RotK: full oliphant bullshit. this is the legolas we see in the Hobbit, and full focused.

>Legolas walking on snow
This was canon, it was described in the books. Elves can do shit like that.

Agreed on the shield and Oliphant though.

so... this is the power.... of gandalf the white......................whoa........

This is not what I asked. I asked: if you don't have enough time, why lose it for this bullshit?
Why not a more discrete, more elegant, and more grounded scene instead?

Wait how did they end up on top of the mountain? Is Middle Earth flat? They they fall so far that they fell through the sky?

yes sorry, I meant: in the first two movies, he takes a concept, and then builds acceptabily well on that.
Then, in RotK, he goes completely balls.

they fought through the entirety of Moria, and it took a long ass time

They didn't just fall, they fought all over the place, at some point the balrog climbed the mountain and gandalf followed.

Out of these three movies, there were three scenes that were redeemable

Dwarfs coming to Bilbos home + songs

Bilbo riddling with Gollum

Bilbo shitposting with Smaug

Third movie had no redeemable scenes whatsoever.

HFR means less motion blur to hide behind

They shouldn't have used HFR, then.

>7:02
>nutted but she still suckin

WB

You can bet your ass it was their decision to include Legolas. After all, it was them who came up with the idea of the romance plot with the dwarf and the OC elf. Evangeline Lily talked about it in an interview

Much like how they fuck up all their DC movies, WB also ruined the Hobbit with their retarded ideas. You can see throughout the movies that there's a lot of sparks of brilliance there like with the LOTR trilogy but studio meddling fucked the movies beyond salvation. The main cast was all great as well

Yes it did, I was very glad to see the credits roll.

unless you're watching it in HFR, you're seeing the same thing you would have seen in lotr.

The scene with Thorin drowning in gold was decent. It's the only thing I remember from the movie actually.

I disagree, they have obvious flaws, but they still have qualities that you would never find in assembly-line blockbusters. If only it could have been only two movies...

Spooky forest sequence in DoS is legit great.

BoFA has this interestingly shot scene, where Thorin and Bard parlay through a hole in the thick wall, genuinely inspired cinematography even if only for a short scene.

Thorin hallucinating Smaug swiming in the gold and Azog's corpse drifting underneath the ice, legit inspired and beautiful moments of cinema.
They're small moments of grace, lost in a big pile of lazy CGI mediocrity and dumb filler.

This is a wax statue

The troll scene, and many other equally horrible scenes, have Jackson's personal touch all over them. Jackson loves making crass, retarded jokes like this. We saw them coming through every now and then in TT and ROTK.

>Including Legolas

I dont really get the hate behind this. Legolas is literally the Prince of Mirkwood. He would obviously be there even if the book doesnt mention him because the King has all the Elves stay in the Kingdom.

If anything, he would be at the meeting between Thorin and Thranduil, and he would have most certainly been in the BoTA.

>Third movie had no redeemable scenes whatsoever.

I liked the scene where the Dwarves charge out of the mountian and everyone rallies to Thorin. Only one thing bothers me about that scene.
>Dwarves are master smiths
>everyone has dwarven armor on
>alright we're joining the battle
>everyone take off your armor

If the movie was just 2 hours of the riddle in the dark scene with gollum it would have been pure kino

Oh god the gold, it's almost like nobody on the staff knew how molten metal works.

>gay jokes
>dick size jokes
>tranny jokes
based Jackson tbqh

I was literally about to type this.

Isnt that what it looks like though

Those things aren't nearly enough to ruin the movies. I can just picture retarded WB executives going "hey, people liked Legolas and his awesome stunt in Rotk, let's devote a whole bunch of time exclusively to him in the Hobbit movies to the point where it even meddles with the main plot! Audiences will love it!"

The troll scene was also charming and followed the original childish spirit of the book.

Jackson had all the same elements in LOTR to make the Hobbit. Great cast, talented people around him on the project, which was basically everyone who had worked on LOTR. The only thing that changed was that the studio that is known for excessive meddling and such wonder hits as Suicide Squad and Batman vs Superman was now in charge.

So the same as the book.

>BoFA has this interestingly shot scene, where Thorin and Bard parlay through a hole in the thick wall, genuinely inspired cinematography even if only for a short scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=sTl0nms_5ow

>The troll scene was also charming and followed the original childish spirit of the book.

wat

Don't kid yourself. If it were two movies, those movies would still have been SHIT

did I just see the arrow meme elf guy riding upside down on bats bred for war getting knocked into a column of orcs while flailing a sword?

The imprisonment by elves and shit was also neat

True, but there'd have been less of it.

Yes. Yes you did.

>The troll scene was also charming and followed the original childish spirit of the book.

There's a difference between childish wonder and fucking tranny and vidya jokes.

???????????????????????????????

despite everyone talking shit about these movies i'd still honestly rather watch them than capeshit

but it fits with the fun tone in the books rite XD

They also made him make a third movie at the last minute when they were already extremely rushed and overworked.

I'm pretty sure the first film had already been released when that happened.

>watch BOTFA with normie cousin
>he loves the Legolas scenes
>spends the drive home telling me how LOTR would be better if the entire fellowship was elves

I can't believe this is a scene from a movie and not from a video game

Im still butthurt about the gold dwarf scene

jesus fucking christ

>dragon has literal fire inside him
>let's kill him with heat, it will totally work

Not even gonna bother criticising the CGI.

Describe it to me

>"I would ask them to make an effort of imagination sufficient to understand the irritation (and on occasion the resentment) of an author, who finds, increasingly as he proceeds, his work treated as it would seem carelessly in general, in places recklessly, and with no evident signs of any appreciation of what it is all about."
-
Tolkien on receiving a screenplay for a proposed film adaptation of The Lord of the Rings

that's an old meme

>Looking at this, and at Jackson's filmography in general, I can only conclude that LotR was an happy accident and that man has just shit tastes that were miraculously reined in during the production of the first trilogy.

He was already headed in this direction with Legolas's shield-surfing and oliphaunt-killing.

imagine a PS1 era Squaresoft FMV scene

that's basically it

Including Legolas is understandable, but they made him into a main character! He's more important in movie 3 than Bilbo.

It had no pre-production. OP scene is done post and it also clearly looks rushed.
Pluss they need that extended edition revenue

You didn't really ask anything. I just responded to Jackson being a retard or not.

It was a messy production, Jackson was never supposed to direct it, but when Taco never got the green light, he probably felt forced to do the project for the fans.
Unfortunately it didn't go well.

There is nothing wrong in the things added, in principle:
- Legolas makes sense there
- Tauriel, and even the love story to an extent
- the White Council
- Radagast, I loved the idea.

the problem is the execution. Legolas is absorbs all the focus and is over-over-over-the top; Tauriel comes close and the love story is.. there are better written high school dramas; the White Council goes videogame quickly; Radagast is devoid of any dignity and looks like a sort of retarded stoner.
The execution is extremely poor and juvenile and betrays that these people are unable to create a quality, original content without ripping out the books.

Tone is all over the place. Fuck I hate these movies.

>Smaug is a terrifying dragon!
>He can't kill a single one out of thirteen dwarves and one hobbit
>In fact, he gets sloshed by molten gold and runs away from them and his own lair

I'd rank the ending action sequence of DOS as the worst sequence in the trilogy. BOFA is full of nonsensical bullshit, but at least it's advancing the plot. The Dwarves fighting Smaug for 20 minutes does absolutely nothing, he could have just left immediately (as he does in the book, and would have in a 2 movie adaptation). Nor can it simply stand on its own as enjoyable action due to both the nonsensical things that are happening and the poor CGI depicting them.

Im still butthurt about
>BLOOM EFFECT
>Some of the dwarfs looking silly and cartoonish
>Some of the dwarfs just there to get teen pussy wet
>Bilbo passing out scene
>Fucking filming it on digital
>The meme of a radagast with birdshit on his face and smoke coming out of his ears
>CGI orc
>Stupid chase scene with orcs and wolfs
>Rivendell is CGI and not a miniature
>Waste of time stone giant scene
>Idiotic action in the goblin cave
>Goblin kings death "That will do it xD"
>Goblin king falling on top of the dwarfs who just survived a 1000m fall, making it a comedic moment
>Day and nigh cycles going by with no consistency
>Second movie starting with them still on the mountain side with the orcs right behind them
>They just flew the whole night on eagles, HOW!?
>Then the orcs just spawn at Dol Guldur
>Basically, no consistency in travel time
>Beorn butchered
>Mirkwood butchered
>Fucking legolas
>Fucking sheelf
>Fucking entire barell scene
>Fucking dward and sheelf love
>Fucking entire action scene in the mountain with the dwarfs and the hobbits
>And in the third movies everything is shit

I hate how Gimli was nothing but a comic relief.

Battle of the Five Armies had great credits tho

What's worse, the star wars prequels or the Hobbit movies?

>Book Legolas was said by Tolkien to have done the least of any Fellowship member and wasn't even going to be taken by Aragorn into Mordor
>Movie Legolas is an unstoppable killing machine who should have just been sent in to wipe out Sauron by himself

Prequels had some good worldbuilding and memorable moments. Also, better music.

This is correct.

it's not even close. The Hobbits are a massive fuck up and a disappointment but they're still competent coherent films with poor choices. They're not fucked on every level from the ground up. You maybe could argue that Phantom Menace beats the third Hobbit but then Thorin's death scene ends that argument.

I get that there's younger people here that experienced the Hobbit disappointment first hand and not the prequel disappointment but I promise, there's no comparison.

dunno. I mean is hard, but at least in the PM I did see the plot (lol) solved.

Bot5A ends and we wonder where the fuck the stone is.

He has his moments, like after he receives Galadriel's hair in the extended edition.

Vince Russo nooooooooo

He's good in Fellowship but I don't remember a single non-comic relief moment in Two Towers and ROTK