ITT: Filmmakers who do NOT deserve the hate

Wes Andersons films may appear superficial and "style over substance" but in all his films is a genuine pathos and sincerity which is wrapped deeply into his Pitch Perfect 'Tea and Cake' aesthetic.

I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson.

Wrong

yeah, agreed.

I would enjoy Grand Budapest if the writing wasn't so cringey and pretentious and 'quirky'

He's like the edgy filmmaker version of mr rogers

>pretentious
You do not know what this word means.

>I'm not gonna actually respond to your point but disagree anyway

His movies constantly try too hard to appear clever. Especially the Darjeeling Limited.

This. I agree with you. I can't stand his writing or his jokes but the visuals are okay.

>who don't deserve the hate
Is this a fucking joke? His entire style is lifted from vha and similar films.
He has no talent
He is a pedo
He looks like Sofia Coppola

>there is no fun or charm allowed in Cinema ever!

Yeah. He's very good at creating emotion and a sense of comfort and discomfort with his sets and visuals, but he has no clue how his jokes intended to be 'Unique' just come off as weird and bizarre to everyone else.

But that's exactly why I don't enjoy it. the writing isn't charming or fun, it's awkward and pretentious.

Stop quoting things I obviously don't mean.

Nolan.

Also a little overrated, but still.

>he enjoys the films of Wes Anderson

How is that second point a downside?

I don't think anderson deserves the hate, but come on it's not a bad thing that people lash out against him. He's overrated.

I think he himself detests being put on such a high pedestal. He probably doesn't consider himself a great or anything, but his fans do, that in my mind has got to change.

His films are never really good. The emotion is lifted from the soundtrack and the performances he gets. Never from his directing, and certainly never from his writing. He's trash. All about the aesthetic. No different than cape shit if you ask me.

>pretentious.

stop being pretentious

I liked Fantastic Mr. Fox. Everything else I have been unimpressed by.

Just because he his characters and dialogue is larger than life does make make it pretentious, Anderson acknowledges his characters do not speak like real people and are more in line with caricatures, his characters feel like part of a play and Anderson's style complements rather than disagrees with this.

Wes Anderson understands humans as much as George Lucas does.
Wes Anderson understands puppets, so naturally he made a stop-motion movie.
But even in his live action movies, the characters have the depth of puppets. They are one-sided and rarely have any depth to them other than being identified by their one trait.

True, but sometimes you want to watch pretty puppets and not ugly human feelings.

it's not pretentious at all. idiosyncratic, nostalgic and autistic, sure.

I really don't like his films but I recognize he has a certain style that appeals to some people of which I am not a part of

It's the trump card of retards with nothing to say.

This

>tfw you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson

>mfw someone tells me they don't enjoy the films of Wes Anderson

He is the original dishonest filmmaker

>mfw you enjoy the soundtracks

Pleb filter worked and filtered yet another

I enjoyed The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, but thought The Royal Tenenbaums was enjoyable, but not as much.

I haven't bothered seeing the rest of his films because because like anything that pulls me in there is a part of me that simply doesn't want to be hooked on it. I enjoy a wide variety of film types for different reasons depending on my mood to be open to view new movies.
His movies seem to have a kind of sentimental value that I can admire, and appreciate, but choose not to allow myself to become too immersed into too deeply since my interests are mostly in other inspirational aspects of life such as inspiration of new ideas and concepts I have yet to be considered. Since I'm most inspired the future of unknown exploration I tend to be more interested in the unknown, and less in sentimental backwards introspection.

>vha
?

no one understands humans less than nolan.

cool blog entry, fagtron.

Thank you user, and thank you for sharing your appreciation of my entry. I apologize that I am not gay, and would refuse to engage in any homosexual erotic attention you'd like to have given to you.

God forbid someone breaks the Twitter character limit to talk about films amirite?

bottle rocket, rushmore, the royal tenumbaums and fantastic mr fox were genuinely good.
moonrise kingdom, grand budapest hotel, life aquatic were lacking.

fagass.

he didnt talk about the film. he talked about his feelz and his own irrelevant motivations, in a very vague way too, his post was trash, and you are trash for defending him.

I bet you're the kind of guy who thinks critic reviews are objective

It may take decades for people such as to realize how their self gratifying attempts to insult people do nothing but provide them a false sense of superiority those of us see through as inferior adolescence. Such attempt is no more interesting than an ape thumping its chest, but perhaps less since that person was never a real threat. This behavior of insults does nothing but encourage people to be as stupid as .

Am I the only one who feels like Grand Budapest Hotel doesn't actually fit in with the rest of Wes Anderson's movies?

I dunno there's just something about it that is a little too different
I think it has something to do with the characters and the way each scene is set

Your opinion is irrelevant to me, and your insult a waste of your time unless your only way to prove your masculinity is anonymously.

the aspect ratio

no its not something as simple as that

its more of a mood thing

like there is an odd sense of isolation and dreaminess to the movie as if the story does not actually taking place in the real world

it is because it isn't
if I remember correctly the movie starts with normal aspectio ratio with a girl reading a book, then it changes, the aspect ratio with old zero moustafa in the hotel, then it changes again to young moustafa

it is a story within a story within a story