The Clone Army makes no fucking sense

Why the fuck would the Jedi/senate agree to employ and work with a suspicious clone army created in secrecy by people they don't know?
Why would they be ok with working with clones of a dangerous rogue bounty hunter known to be working with the seperatists that tried to kill Obi-Wan and Padme?
How did Sifo-Dyas even have the money to fund the project?

I understand these are kids' movies, but the OT wasn't this retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

buydemocracy.wordpress.com/2015/12/18/yoda-speak-orig-trig-vs-prequels/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZR_icgUc8iA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>OT wasn't this retarded
RotJ was fully that retarded ackhtually

Dude, seriously. Who the fuck cares.

yeah because they're primarily a business decision than a creative one, I understand you enjoy children's movies but I didn't expect you to be this retarded.

>Let's draft people from thousand alien races to fight droids
>What is vietnam?

Just turn off your brain bro it's a kids movie about space wizards

"In universe" answer: There was a war going on, there wasn't any time to investigate or complain.

Real answer: Lucas is a hack

Not really. It has a lot of goofy shit in it, but you're never confused about the motivations or why things are happening.

It was a desperate time and I guess they didn't want to waste the army? Also Chancellor Palpatine had a lot of power.
I really don't know though, I remember this was a bit weird even as a kid. I never liked the way they made the Clone Wars in the PT, they seemed way different in my mind when characters talked about them in Episode 4.

How? The prequels were downright bizarre, a bunch of cool ideas and scenes joined together without worrying about them forming a coherent story.

>I never liked the way they made the Clone Wars in the PT, they seemed way different in my mind when characters talked about them in Episode 4.

Yeah, you hear the words "clone wars" and you think it's a war about clones, or a war where clone go rogue, with exploration of what makes us human or whatever. Instead we got "cgi robots fight cgi humans, and none of them are really people so you can murder them without scaring the kids".

There was a thread just yesterday about the whole Jabba's palace sequence, really think about it and how much sense that shit made
It's was dumb af, like legit incoherent and just retarded

It becomes a lot less retarded and incoherent if you think about how Jedi, especially powerful ones, have precognition to a certain extent. We see this throughout the series, like when Palpatine sets the trap for the rebels, when he knows Luke will come to him, when Anakin sees Padme dying, when Luke sees Leia/Han being tortured, etc. .

*So Luke walked into Jabba's palace with a decent idea of how things were going to play out. Plus he probably had a backup plan. That's why he was so calm when they were going to get dropped into the Sarlac Pit.

There was a war going on so people decided that it's better to rely on clones than draft people from various planets and risk a fucking massive rebellion since people are already thinking the war is fucking pointless.

>whole Jabba's palace sequence, really think about it and how much sense that shit made
It's was dumb af, like legit incoherent and just retarded
how
this

all the prequels works on the premise that everyone is extremely dumb and incompetent. after all, the characters can only be as smart as their writer.
>the assassination attempt
>the whole colosseum fiasco
>the poisonous dart chase
>a rebellious faction with an army of literal billions of robot soldiers just sieged one of our planets, better wait more than 10 fucking years before ever thinking of ways mobilising an army

>probably

Lando was already there undercover as a guard and R2D2 seemed to know exactly what he was doing giving them weapons he had stashed on him once they made their move.

Dumb meme

I just want to know how they convinced smooth, high-rolling Lando to go undercover as a bouncer at a shitty dangerous club.

black water was too busy.

The trade federation remained neutral until the end of the clone wars
They got the droids because Nute Gunray gave them the schematics of battle droids

>Why the fuck would the Jedi/senate agree to employ and work with a suspicious clone army created in secrecy by people they don't know?
for the same reason corrupt governments rely on mercenaries (like black water or various merc groups in syria) if they can get away with it
especially while fighting a war against rebelled colonies that want freedom from your despotic government

if you want a draft you have to explain to an extremely diverse population that doesn't have much common goals if any why exactly should they die for your power to remain unchanged if the alternative is to remain neutral and let you and the other guy duke it out

for ppl from some backwater planet at best it is some kind of political plot gone wrong and they do not care who wins

slave do not question they follow orders like good soldiers they are and more importantly they have no mothers or families who would cry if they die

you can use them to win the war and then dump the into the trash compactor and noone will care

and after that its back to business as usual

who the fuck cares? If your statemen go "this is totally fine" after the events on naboo they are a bunch of incompetent morons.

That's the main reason why the CIS was formed

well sure, but then we go back to my point of "the story works on the premise that everyone is fucking retarded"

Back when they made ANH they needed a cool-sounding war for Obi Wan to talk about. They couldn't just say "I fought with your father during the war." They needed something sci-fi sounding because genreshit. So they just made up "Clone war" because it sounded cool at the time. It was never meant to be a real, detailed story. Lucas never had the prequels written out before the OT.

If the cloners could just make entire armies out of thin air, why weren't they the most powerful force in the galaxy?
They spoke to Obi Wan like it was a standard order and transaction, like they do this all the time, in which case were are the other clone armies they've made? Or legions or cloned workers?
Why did Dooku delete their planet from the database? It directly lead to them being investigated as soon as another Jedi noticed the planet was missing
Why wasn't Yoda more concerned when he found out the Jedi database had been altered from within? Why wasn't anyone more concerned when an entire clone army had been ordered without anyone's approval or knowledge?
How didn't Yoda or Obi Wan know of the home planet of the best cloners in the galaxay? The Jedi were clearly heavily engage in geopolitics
Why didn't Obi Wan investigate the purchase of the clone army more? He'd have found the secret order to kill all Jedi was a part of the deal

>The peaceful keepers of the galaxy and guardians of the force had no objections to using genetically altered adult 10-year olds with little-to no free will.

You would think they would be a bit weirded out

you would think the peaceful space monks would even propose something like "well if they want out maybe we should give them out"

Im pretty sure Lucas made Clones and Droids so then he can show lots of explosions and jedi cutting shit without any violence or people dying

This. Everyone thought the Clone Wars would be abut clones, or fought against clones, because it made sense (seriously, when was the last time a war was named after the winning side's army?).

Even the hints of it we got in the EU supported that idea. The Thrawn Trilogy includes a character who was a leftover clone of a Jedi that had gone insane, with the implication that an enemy of the republic had started cloning Jedis to overthrow the republic. Since that book had a lot of involvement from Lucasfilm, my guess is that's what the original story was before Lucas changed it for some reason, probably to avoid Jedi ending up villains.

>doesn't want to be bro's with a crime lord and get all kinds of free alien pussy.

>I understand these are kids' movies
yeah I'm sure kids love trade federations and economic embargoes

Funnily enough the jedis ended up being the villains anyway

Okay, maybe the plan to rescue han was a little bit convoluted, but thats an isolated incident in a series of films that generally do a good job of creating a coherent narrative.
But it serves the narrative and reintroduces the characters and lets us know what theyve been up to between the movies much more effectively than anakin and obiwan talking about gundarks in an elevator.

>seriously, when was the last time a war was named after the winning side's army?

Vietnam war

Probably something to do with him selling them out in cloud city. He's the reason han is frozen in carbonite after all.

not trying to turn this into a thread where we shit on ROTJ but Lando being undercover had literally no point. He does absolutely nothing except almost get eaten by the sarlaac, forcing han and chewie to stop what they are doing and save him. They would have been better off if Lando just stayed home with the rebels.

I figured it was because they needed an army at that point, so they didn't really want to look a gift horse in the mouth. And the money most likely came from Dooku and Palpatine because they are both wealthy nobility

>How did Sifo-Dyas even have the money to fund the project?

In Attack of the Clones, it's made abundantly clear that the Clone Army was funded by Dooku or Sheev, and Sifo-Dyas ordering it was a cover story - Jango Fett says he was hired by "A man called Tyranus" and Obi-Wan outright says Sifo-Dyas died prior to when the army was ordered and it would have been impossible for him to have commissioned them.

Then Dave Filoni, an autist who doesn't understand Star Wars and takes everything said in the films literally (because he's an autist) made Sifo-Dyas the actual guy who ordered the clones in the cartoon.

That was a war fought in Vietnam. It's normal to name wars after geographic locations. I'm talking about wars specifically named after an army (especially if it's what the people involved in the war actually call it). It would be like calling WWI the doughboy war. Wars aren't usually named like that, and Lucas made a confusing choice, probably because he either didn't think about what the war actually was, or changed its backstory.

I think lando was doing recon. Scouting the place out so leia and luke would know what they were walking into.

How the emperor got money to build TWO death stars?

anything Dave Filoni says is canon, you shitlord. Get over it

Nothing in Star Wars after Empire makes any sense. The OG trilogy is all that matters anyways, stop overanylzing 80's kids movies and stop watching them. It's all shit in retrospect.

theyd already mentioned "clone wars" in epIV and had to run with it.
much like the way yoda constructs his sentences- was quirky and endearing as an eccentric ancient master but when he became a major supporting role in the pt and there was no real way around it its just frustrating to listen to

They needed an army. The Jedi apparently commissioned this army. Yoda went to Kamino to vet them. Lives were at stake and there really was no time to deliberate and that of course was by design by Palpatine.

In a way Droids could be seen as clones as well. So it's two clone armies facing one another. It makes perfect sense.

>the way yoda constructs his sentences
That actually changed in the prequels. Lucas made his speech more consistently backwards, probably because it had became what he was associated with.

buydemocracy.wordpress.com/2015/12/18/yoda-speak-orig-trig-vs-prequels/

What doesn't make sense is the Empire suddenly dropping a wholly superior Clone Army for conscript soldiers who have proven time and time again to be ineffective.

This is an opinion we all heard in the Plinkett review, but it was so god damned stupid to have an expendable army of clones versus an even more expendable army of droids. Did the jedi really side with the faction that bred babies in tubes for a life of warfare? There was a missed opportunity in showing the jedi losing their ways in an harmful war, involving the actual citizens of the republic. Though you get better PG ratings by having your friendly neighborhood jedi slice up droids instead of people I guess.

Should have had Sith clones to be desu

Yoda being in it so much was a huge problem. He should have been on Dagobah the entire time, or he leaves when the war begins. Nevermind the flips and ninja shit, Yoda is actually leading troops to battle. The PT and OT Yodas are almost totally different to me

I don't really think Star Wars needed the space slang. "I fought with your father during the war." is a line that feels perfect to me. I love Empire, but I always get the cringe from the sickbay dialogue.
>I don't know where you get your delusions, laserbrain
>Why you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder!
It's always funny when they get to Cloud City and instead of some terrible space dialogue, Lando just says "Hey Chewbacca, still hanging around this loser?" It feels so natural. I guess they couldn't get cool guy Billy Dee to read those shitty lines.

> Yoda trained Obi Wan
> Not in the Prequels

Fuck off.

the mongol invasion

Wars of Alexander the Great

v interesting, is it not possible he's just in the ot less than the prequels?

half of what you said is bullshit. that's why

Because the Republic was grossly incompetent.

And there's the whole Syfo-Dias 'mystery'. I still don't understand what was actually going on there. Does anyone?

space taxes

The story Obi-wan tells in ANH makes it sound like he met Anakin when both of them were already adults. If Obi-wan was already a Jedi when he met Anakin, there would be no need for Yoda to appear.

>theyd already mentioned "clone wars" in epIV and had to run with it.

Yeah, but why not make the clones the villains? I mean the bad guys were using disposable mass produced cannon fodder already

real answer? they had no fucking choice

the droid army will literally just march all over the limited number of the Jedi Order and take control of the republic if they didn't use clones

the better question is why would Palpatine bother with the charade when he can take the universe by force using the separatists alone

short explantion of what happened

"Sifo Dyas" is Dooku. He paid for the clones and recruited Jango

Wrong

Sifo Dyas was a Jedi Master who got convinced by Dooku and Sheev that the republic needed this army.

Only later did Dooku kill Sifo Dyas

the Senate was just corrupt af

they wanted an army they didn't necessarily care how they got it

Did a pretty shit job since Leia gets completely surprised there's a curtain close to Han where half of Jabba's court can hang out behind.

The clones are the villains....

that must be some EU retcon shit

my story comes from pic related

the clones were rebelling against their multicultural slavers.

conscription is much more efficient and cost effective. and has additional benefits such as robbing native populations of soldiering age men to rebel.

>EU retcon shit
>posts video game

Pretty much all stories involving Sifo-Dyas and an explanation of how the army were ordered come from the EU. The movie hints it was a cover story, and doesn't really explain any of the details. Everything else comes from the EU, and because the EU was never consistent, there are different versions of the story, and they're all retcons of the movie. IS there even an offical canon explanation now? I thought Sifo-Dyas showed up in TCW.

Because Sheev said so.

Jedi worked for the Senate. Senate saw how the Separatists had a fuck-huge, endlessly expanding army in the works and a government being set up. Senate didn't want their own government dying because where would they get their money and worthless prestige from?

They ordered the Jedi to work with the clone army that was presented to them on a silver platter to defend their way of life.

>IS there even an offical canon explanation now? I thought Sifo-Dyas showed up in TCW.
Something about Sifo-Dyas forseeing a great threat to the Republic and looking for a way to counter it. Dooku and Palpatine caught wind and used his name to create a "legit" army for the Jedi that they could use to eventually kill the Jedi with down the road.

Almost everything that happened in the PT was Palpatine's doing. He and Dooku created the Separatist problem. He funded the Clone Army and had Kamino put chips in their heads that would force them to kill Jedi when the time was right. He had Dooku feign the creation of a super weapon for the Separatists to justify having the Death Star undergo construction during the Clone Wars. Palpatine wormed his way up to the top seat in the Senate to have full power to turn it into his Empire. Over time he also corrupted Anakin for the eventuality that Dooku would die.

Over the years the genetic base for the clones was damaged and since Jango was dead they couldn't get any new dna.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZR_icgUc8iA
p cool

Why didn't the Kamilamis just use the spic army to conquer the galaxy themselves?

but why Senate and Jedi never thought to investigate who financed the creation of the giant army, when they clearly knew that they didnt. why didn't they wonder who financed the army.

Palpatine could have legally shut down all attempts in the Senate to investigate and had any Senators looking into it killed in a war-related accident.

>yfw you realised they made the army a "clone" army so they could save animation money by only having to animate one dude then copy and paste him 10000 times

Did Kamino also build all the rifles and armor for the clones? And their tanks? And their fleet of spaceships?

The prequels are objectively better than the original trilogy.

That reminds me of something...

What is it with prequels?

It's been about clones since ANH, user.

No. They got outside worlds to do it. Eventually that turned into the companies that made stuff for the Empire.

Because "YOU FOUGHT IN THE CLONE WARS?!?!?" sounded awesome, brought to you by the same guy who didn't know what a parsec was.

I've completely forgotten that the prequels show us that the death star was already planned as far as AotC.
Looks like the writers from Rogue One didn't get the memo since Jin's father is presented as the main designer decades later...

>Why the fuck would the Jedi/senate agree to employ and work with a suspicious clone army created in secrecy by people they don't know?
Cause Palpatine did it and he has force powers. /end thread

they must have otherwise how were the clones trained to use those things?

1. Why did no one ask any questions when some random planet asked for 10 million sets of armor and rifles?
2. How do you ship weapons to a planet that's been erased from maps?

More like you didn't get the memo. Galen only figured out how to make the laser fire correctly. Everything else was already figured out during the Clone War.

1. "Hey, make these things for us and sign an NDA."
2. It was only erased from the map that the Jedi has access to in their Temple.

1. So in this peaceful galaxy a single planet can order an galactic army worth of weapons and no one notices?
2. That doesn't make any sense. If it was still on everyone else's map then erasing it from the Jedi's one is completely pointless.

Was it? I figured the Jedi weren't retarded enough that they wouldn't get a second opinion that wasn't Dexter Jetset Radio's café.

1. Pirates and smugglers and corrupt governments do it all the time.
2. The Jedi have a complex of "let's only use our own knowledge, for the common man's is completely irrelevant and not proven correct by our order."

So the explanation as always is "oh it's ok because everyone involved is completely retarded." Fucking Star Wars is bullshit as always. Lucas bullshit, EU bullshit, Disney bullshit. Not a single competent writer.

It seems so expensive to create a human being from scratch and tend to it until it has reached adulthood. Why not just conscript some lowlifes from the slums in Coruscant?

Because it was already paid for in a time where troops were needed. And don't forget that republic was a bureaucratic shithole and bureaucrats love free stuff. Also we don't know the situation with Republic's regular army, but given that the clones were primary force there was none.

Inventing midichlorian replacement therapy.