Now that the dust has settled, this was a pretty good movie and way better than Rogue One

now that the dust has settled, this was a pretty good movie and way better than Rogue One

yes

No it's gay

>his was a pretty good movie
not really

>and way better than Rogue One
it was

everyone should just accept already that nu-Star Wars is gonna be bland, run-of-the-mill movies from now on

It's much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much better than all three of the prequels put together.

troll thread. No it isn't. If it didn't have the "Star Wars" logo it would have been mindless garbage with heaps of "coincidences" and marry-sue plot garbage.

that's a pretty low bar to be compared to

people got excited for these new ones because they were hoping disney would make SW special again

they only succeeded into making it palatable

I agree. It's still not good though. I could absolutely care less of marry-sue Rey dies, or Finn, or fucking anyone. They're all mindless, characterless drones walking through events and have no redeeming or human qualities that make them likable. Finn is the closest thing to being a real person in that movie and then he was lowered to comedy plot device.

It's watchable now, you're right, but it's not even close to being good.

Good film but forgettable. Rouge one was better

Revenge of the Sith is better than both

Oh shit I am losing to a space dindu. I better boiled potato my own face!

What was memorable about rogue one apart from callbacks to the OT

>pretty good movie
agreed, but it's copy pasta

>and way better than Rogue One
no

its better than rogue one and way better than the prequels.

its still not great though

I'm not saying it was the best film ever but there were some great scenes, like the shootout in the town, the death star being used to destroy that town, when jyn meets her father, and that final battle was really good, I got chills when the rebels showed up to help. and of course that last scene with Vader was fucking awesome. force awakens was forgettable because almost all the major scenes were ripped straight from a new hope. I guess the lightsaber fight with rey and kylo ren was cool.

Star Wars has always been 2-3 hour toy commercials, what are you talking about?

The Force Awakens is great, measures up to ANH and ESB as being among the best of the franchise.

Fuck the pseudointellectual glib facsimile memers

>measures up to ANH and ESB
So it's lasers in space, okay

the darth vader scene was fucking awful. almost as bad as the fucking cgi leia

with new hope and empire they kinda feel like a byproduct. they didnt pointlessly shove in shit just to sell toys. in rotj it gets pretty obvious and star wars shouldve been buried after that shit.

lmao lad

I got chills when watching rogue one

martyrdom is one of my favorite movie tropes

>the darth vader scene was awful
fucking how? that was some seriously awesome shit, it actually made vader seem like a threatening villain.

>with new hope and empire they kinda feel like a byproduct
as if R2D2 wasn't a cheap wacky kids meal toy from the beginning

>measures up to ANH

Not hard to do when you copy/paste ANH.

pretty much this but with less love for III

>the darth vader scene was fucking awful. almost as bad as the fucking cgi leia
typical Sup Forums contrarian

it was completely pointless

just like the entire movie

>thinking Revenge of the Sith is bad
user...

name one good thing about rots that isnt the emperor

Mike please, don't you have more youtube videos to make

>way better than Rogue One
Actually its opposite
But still better then prequels

This

obi-wan

Top quality bait, well memed friend!

what

>le glib facsimile maymay

>I'm a retarded pleb who can only engage with movies on the most superficial level

It's funny you mention that, considering TFA only has one level: superficial

What makes it pointless?

What would make any scene have a "point"?

No

it serves no purpose in the overall star wars story and doesnt work as a stand alone movie

I was talking about the scene, not the movie

its just fan service and it doesnt even make any sense when you consider the beginning of ANH

No to both

>now that the dust has settled, this was a pretty good movie and way better than Rogue One
no it was shit

I agree, except my eyebrows didnt leave my face.

Backstroke of the West > Revenge of the Sith > TFA