4AD hate thread

why won't they leave Grimeth alone?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-ariel-pink-talks-prerelease-drama-jokes-that-4ad-should-drop-grimes-20141118-column.html
eerie.org/releases
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>signing on the labels' terms rather than your own album by album basis

her label called Shit label?

will she go back to arbutus?
does arbutus still exists?

>Grimes gets kicked by 4AD
>gets signed to Interscope
lol

>touts herself as authentic
>still bends to her label's whims

fake news, and photoshoped fat grimes

she said she may go fully independent

Big, if true.

grimes is the worst artist to be signed to 4ad

Also, there's no chance in hell she'd go back to Arbutus.

You don't know a lot about the music industry, do you?

how is 4ad shit
they invested a lot into fucking AA. and didnt make much of a return.
ungrateful chick is going to be blacklisted from the industry soon enough

Grimes is still on 4AD? I thought they dropped after she started making garbage music (her last album specifically)

industry is cancer. twitch streamers girls earn more than then the "artists" of big labels.

If music and fashion industry got banned for exploitation of people, world would be much better place.

Even if it was garbage (which it isn't), it sold well, and labels don't drop people who move sales.

I wish she would stop being passive-aggressive in her Twitter feed and tell us what the hell is going on, at least. It's a lot of saying things, while saying that she shouldn't be saying them, and deleting the cryptic Tweets very soon after. She's being extraordinarily vague in talking about what exactly her problems within the music industry are.

BRING FORTH DARK GRIMES
WANT TO COLLAB WITH PUNISHED GRIMES

worst trip

4AD in general has signed a lot of garbage in the past decade, Grimes, Tune Yards, St. Vincent, The National etc. The label was fantastic in the 80s and 90s but nowadays it's a joke

They alsp dropped Ariel for saying mean things about Grimes lol they're fucking awful

>If music and fashion industry got banned for exploitation of people, world would be much better place.
HOW IS IT THE LABELS FAULT PEOPLE WOULD RATHER DONATE THEIR MONEY TO A STREAMER THEN PAY FOR MUSICA
if you made a thread on Sup Forums asking ppl to show proof of their vinyl or buying digital downloads. it wouldn't even hit 100 posts.
she needs to tell us where 4ad fucked up.
ariel pink left them because they said they had other artists they wanted to promote more then him

post punk is dead.
My guess is that 4AD didn't liked dark soul inspired shit, so she did resolved crisis with leftover tracks and she had to "collaborate" with "other producers etc." to finish polish/etc. faster.

also whats stoppng grimes from streaming?
deadmau5 has an active channel and he streams almost daily. and gets subs

How is the music industry at fault for the army of autists on twitch

> a period of time
>period
>of time

This girl is retarded.

nothing, she did streamed like month ago.

And you do? Tell us about your experiences with record companies.

what's wrong with it, it is very frequent phrase.

>4 fucking grimesthreads in the catalog
GOOD STUFF MODS

Do you actually believe that?

A period is just an amount of time. You can't seriously be dismantling her words as "retarded" for being redundant, because "period of time" is a popular expression.

I don't have personal experience, but it's very common knowledge that the industry shackles people to contracts and that the moment you've been perceived to have broken the contract you'll be sued and blacklisted. She probably shouldn't have signed to a label if she didn't want her music being controlled by somebody other than her, but at the same time record labels operate with a total lack of ethics when it comes to artistic ownership. I'm not saying that this is what has happened in this particular case, because so far we've got almost nothing but broad speculation, but if you expect an artist to not bend to the label's whims when the alternative is being sued for everything your brand is worth, then you don't know a lot about the industry. This is shit I learned as an adolescent eager to release my own material only to read shit by Steve Albini encouraging people like me to avoid labels on pure principle.

but shes signed to fucking roc nation that helps her make deals

It's incorrect. I'm not even a native english speaker and I know this. Grimes is just retarded, boys. But well, since she's got an army here to defend her I'm not gonna comment on the hundreds of mistakes she makes when speaking or writing.

>getting this anal about a linguistic redundancy
I bet you get boners whenever you break it to people that ATM machine is incorrect.

Ohh, so it was the label holding her back all this time and making her release poor music. Shame she didn't respect her fans more and tell them to just avoid paying for those albums but she'll surely start making pure gold after she leaves.

She never said that the label made her release poor music.

What do labels even do nowadays, anyway? Their function seems to be purely to get albums distributed, which 4AD (as small as they are these days) have done.
Maybe she should look far closer to home for the real problems in her career.

>Do you actually believe that?
Of course. After publicly attacking another artist on the same label, he coincidentally decides to leave the label for one that would "promote him more", opting to choose a considerably smaller label that did much less promotion for his last album? I remember seeing banner ads for pom pom everywhere, as well as Youtube video ads. I found out Bobby Jameson dropped from RYM. 4AD has albums for sale at Target, I can't find Mexican Summer releases at a dedicated record store.
Ariel has been making provocative, offensive statements for years ("gays are like necrophiliacs and can't experience true love", "i was maced by a feminist", "North Koreans like being political prisoners", "white guys get a raw deal") while signed to 4AD without a hitch. Then he ridicules Grimes and is no longer part of their roster? Hmmmmm..... really makes u think.......

maybe grimes and ariel will make their own label now and thus avenge 4ad.

>gays are like necrophiliacs and can't experience true love
man Ariel is such a loveable asshole

He once jokingly said that 4AD should can her, and then left when his contract expired. There's literally no evidence that supports your position. There's more evidence that he just didn't like the way they ran things and decided to go out on his own.

He also called her "stupid and retarded" which was a headline on multiple publications.
>There's more evidence that he just didn't like the way they ran things and decided to go out on his own.
What is it? Spoonfeed me.

I'd say this article paints his problems with 4AD on a personal level.

latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-ariel-pink-talks-prerelease-drama-jokes-that-4ad-should-drop-grimes-20141118-column.html

I mean, it's possible they fired him because of the Grimes thing, but like with a lot of stuff on this website it amounts to little more than speculation. I'm sure if he got fired/canned for the Grimes thing he would be very vocal about it (because he's very vocal about everything), but if he took the initiative himself he probably wouldn't have much to say. So I'm leaning towards he left and is glad he did, because he's been quiet about severing ties with 4AD, which is very unlike him.

>it was the label making her release poor music
No, she's just a shitty musician.

It seems as if Grimes just can't live without some drama of any kind. After AA it seemed everything is set up for her, but 3 years passed and everything again is like the first time.

It's probably a little bit of column a & a little bit of column b. Pom pom was his third LP for the label so his contract was likely fulfilled and after all his shenanigans they probably weren't eager to renew it so they didn't offer to do so. In the scenario, they technically didn't do anything wrong, so maybe that's why he was mostly silent? Idk, it's all speculation, really. Seems believable enough to me, tho.

"No mark you cant have those crazy guitar solos, ocean beach was already not hip enough, gosh nhst leave"

lol..streamed
>i are a hakker
>played vidya
>she is shit-tier pleb

>label of my choosing
What label isn't of your choice? Retarded ass shit

She's gonna get dropped lmao.

i really don't get the logic behind shitting on your record label right before releasing an album. it's a surefire way to get zero promotion of said album

Grimes is being empowered. Grimes made coffee because she wanted to drink it. She's a girl

They're probably happy to be rid of each other, whatever the case may be.

how new are you

>I'm not a native english speaker
>assuming you know the nuances of the language
period of time is not a mistake you idiot, if you wanna comment on someone making a grammatical mistake sure but that is a fully grammatically correct phrase

>I mean, it's possible they fired him because of the Grimes thing,

This is obviously why and they would never admit to that. Grimes is being praised for shitting on her own label right now, it's about delusional feminism empowerment and u go girl stuff no matter what controversy she decided to spin. Oh, she thinks terrorism is bad and negative but it's a girl saying that, she's like jesus christ but with a pussy

Ariel Pink is a prick, but he's immensely more talented than grimes. Anyway, Gang Gang Dance, Deerhunter, Tim Hecker, and Merchandise are the only good bands/artists in the current 4AD roster tbqh

Cool

Why isn't grimes running her own label

she is
eerie.org/releases
she doesn't want to release her own shit on it tho bc she won't have the networking capabilities and preferential treatment that being on a major would give her. lots of artists own labels they never release shit on (flying lotus, anco, etc)

>inability to remain productive on a regular basis
>too wrapped up in rockstar life
>soyboy boyfriend
>special snowflake
>no artistic integrity
>unable to manage her own life
>drugs
>eating disorder
>all around shit-show for a life

Do you think grimes can cry on command? She uses her sad eyes a lot when she models, maybe she cries over the phone too?

It's over. 4AD is finished.

How will i recover

maybe kill yourself

>Don't mind me, I'm just going to make up my own narrative without a shred of evidence or statements from Ariel Pink substantiating my claims!

4ad hasn't been good for decades

She knows her audience and doesn't need it.

Bump

Who cares about grimes?! 4AD should just release the new Gang Gang Dance album already. It has been SEVEN years since Eye Contact