Warner Bros Sets David Goyer, Justin Rhodes For ‘Green Lantern Corps’

>EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros and DC are moving aggressively on a new screen version of Green Lantern. They’ve set David Goyer to write the script with Justin Rhodes for Green Lantern Corps, with Goyer producing and with DC heads Geoff Johns and Jon Berg exec producing. The new version is described as Lethal Weapon in space, and it’s based on a comic book origin story. The focus will be on two characters: Hal Jordan and John Stewart. The latter is an African American Marine sniper before he joined the Lantern Corps and the story very much focuses on his relationship with Jordan and the Corps.

deadline.com/2017/01/green-lantern-corps-warner-bros-david-goyer-justin-rhodes-dc-1201884133/

jesus christ

this will get worse reviews than all the other movies and it will be absolute bliss

>goyer

can someone assassinate this hack already?

Glad they realized everyone wants to see John Stewart. Still eternally ruined by Ryan Renolds though.

Goyer is so hit or miss. This sounds awful, though.

>Goyer

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

we get the world we deserve, user. Caspere knew this.

>I think he's kinda hot

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Goyer was the reason the dialogue in mos was so fucking shitty and he was the reason BVS had some script issues too. Goyer is only an idea man, he isn't capable of writing a full movie. This will fail miserably

>David Goyer

WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN

>The new version is described as Lethal Weapon in space

May be good

>tacticool John Stewart
pass.

I think Goyer can be ok for capeshit, in the past he was involved in several ones that were ok...but why do these clowns always get the same people to write this stuff.

>focusing only on MOS
Goyer wrote TDK and TDKR too.

Yeah just like the TV series.

>is described as Lethal Weapon in space
Thats actually Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz series, Hal and John were more or less The Defiant Ones...but they were space cops...

actually the Nolan brothers wrote those scripts and besides the dialogue is the weakest part of tdkr and tdk

>Goyer was the reason the dialogue in mos was so fucking shitty and he was the reason BVS had some script issues too.
Whats funny is that Goyer co wrote one of the best DC movies, TDK, and two of the shittiest, MoS and BvS. How is that even possible? How was that movie good but those movies so retarded?

>David Goyer

Snyder.

woah, so this is capekino

I would say the Nolan brothers are more responsible for the batman trilogy and goyer, like I said he's more of an idea guy

So John Stewart and Hal Jordan confirmed?

Looks like Geoff Johns still has some wheeling and dealing to do to make sure the right Green Lantern is in Justice League Gnort

As long as it's space Marines I'm fine

But because it's DC we already know everyone will hate it.

>Lethal weapon in space

Why the fuck does every DC movie get a retarded description like this? I just want a good GL movie.

Goyer + Nolan = 90%
Goyer + Nolan + Snyder = 50%
Goyer + Snyder + Terrio = 30%

>Goyer
Hehhehe silly Goyim keep watching Goyer movies Goyim.

Directors can have a big influence on the finished product. See Blade 2 vs Blade 3, both written by Goyer.

Why is WB still letting this hack write films, he'll he doesn't even like superheroes. Look what he said about she hulk and MM.

>meanwhile marvel says things like 70s political thriller
>le buddy cop comedy in space for Ragnarok

Stop being bias when they both do it moron

Winter soldier was a 70's political thriller though.

Actually they compared Ragnarok to Midnight Run.

>Goyer

For the love of god stop him.

Who said they weren't dumbass? Pay attention. user had a problem with the comparison but both companies do it. Marvel has been using that shit longer to describe their movies and he singled out DC for some reason

This, they even had the magical nazi cults, plot holes and genociding helicarriers so popular in the 70s.

Green Lantern will always be white

>WE HAVE TO RIP OFF THOR RAGNAROK!
>FAST! MAKE A BUDDY COP MOVIE IN SPACE!

>David Goyer
Even Goyer knows he's a hack, it's like they want to fail.

haahahahahah...no, watch a fucking pre-2010 non-capeshit movie you fucking pleb.

>david goyer

Green Lantern has been a buddy cop comic since forever buddy, it's more the other way around actually

You're an absolute fucking retard with the mindset so popular with this board.

>Goyer is only an idea man
No, Goyer is the guy who "reads" a comic book and pitches it, I don't understand how he gets work.

>Winter soldier was a 70's political thriller though.

No user, Winter Soldier was capeshit. Disney Presents Captain America fighting CGI helicopters on a motorcycle with shaky cam and fifty thousand cuts a minute is capeshit. It's still capeshit even when Disney gives it "political thriller" tags for the reddit posts. It's all capeshit.

Holy christ just nuke this fucking board already.

Calm down, it's not our fault you're retarded

>white and black GL
bland and boring

they should've gone with the current Arab and Hispanic GLs

>ha, Goyer! I wonder what else he's doing these da-
>The Sandman (announced)
RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Captain America fighting CGI helicopters on a motorcycle with shaky cam and fifty thousand cuts a minute

Just like the 70s thrillers dude, don't you remember when the bad guy in The Conversation trasnfered his mind to computers and then explained his plan to Hackman just because?

Whatever the Mouse says it's true, don't fight it bro

Gay Hal Jordan. Calling it.

Feels good to be living in the age of capekino.

Should have been Guy and Jon, Hal is boring.

>Goyer
>Lindelof
>Jonathan Nolan

Fucking hack frauds

>Winter soldier was a 70's political thriller though

>Hal is boring
>Not Jon
Jesus Christ. Sup Forums may be full of faggots but at least you don't hear dumb shit like this.

>Hal
>Boring
I think you're confused, John Stewart is the boring one, Hal is just an asshole