Gabriel at his peak

>Gabriel at his peak
>Themes of mental illness and war with none of the pretentious elements of early Genesis
>his first consistent solo effort
>Phil Collins drumming
>Appearances by Kate Bush, Robert Fripp and Paul Weller
>Great artwork
>influenced Flowers of Romance
This is better than So

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ae_0N-tgMMk&list=PLZpnrgaaJ2CrIwG5J9uqGI7p-nxxTduN-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Great artwork
By Peter Christopherson from Coil. Which makes the album even cooler.

>pretentious elements of early Genesis

I'm gonna ignore this travesty on the grounds of quality Gabriel-posting

I like early Genesis, there's nothing wrong with pretension just don't pretend it isn't there. In fact it's a key aspect to the music

Melt>Passion>So>Us>Security>Up>Scratch>Car

good post

>Kate Bush
Oh I thought it was just Peter Gabriel doing a gay voice

Haven't listened to all of Gabriel's solo work, but how can an album with Moribund the Burgermeister, Solsbury Hill, Modern Love and Humdrum be his worst?

it's literally one of the best albums of the 80s

gabriel's solo work is all around fantastic.

Pretty much this. Either his first LP, or melt, or secutiry, or So, they're all 10/10. Scratch is the only one I couldn't get into as much, from his first quadrology.
Us, Up, Ovo (underrated), all great.
Gabriel also wrote possibly the best film soundtrack I've heard, Passion.

Far from it, m8.

I can clearly see where you are coming from with that pretension especially given Gabriel's live show theatrics, but what makes it work is the goofy approach to the material.

They could play it all seriously like some art school students with their typical pretense, but instead they embrace the bizzare side of their work and have fun with it. At least Gabriel seemed to do so.

But yeah, I am an early Genesis shill, so it all could be just a matter of perspective.

By the way what ever happened to that Scratch twin album, something like "now I scratch yours?" I remember it being announced shortly after scratch, but I haven't hear abything about it since. For those who don' know, just as Scratch was Peter covering other people, the second twin album was supposed to be other people covering Peter. I guess there was a lack of interest or it turned out complete shit so they just scratched it

because those are the best songs on the album, the rest is forgettable

that's why gabriel is great and tony banks is shit
he's fucking shit
look at him

Scratch is the name used for Gabriel's 2nd LP from 1987.
The one you're talking about is Scratch My Back, and yeah the second album featuring artists doing covers of Gabriel's repertoire was cancelled.

excuuuuuuuuuuse me

Rutherford is the king tho

Gabriel>Hackett>Rutherford>Phil>>>>>>>Banks

>not liking Down the Dolce Vita
>not liking Here Comes the Flood

Heh underrated

Passion is massively underrated here

I wonder why
youtube.com/watch?v=ae_0N-tgMMk&list=PLZpnrgaaJ2CrIwG5J9uqGI7p-nxxTduN-

ugh this pretentious talentless out of touch art faggot hack
DRAIN THE SWAMP

I feel nobody could be totally free of any pretentiousness and manage to write Suppers Ready

Tony is based you plebs