/sample/

Post your Soundclouds, Bandcamps, and Youtubes (SAMPLE BASED ONLY), ask questions, and post techniques.

You don't have to be friendly, but don't be a dick.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4T3OjddJJPQ
soundcloud.com/lleluia/heavenly-nebula
soundcloud.com/lleluia/welcome-friend
soundcloud.com/lleluia/too-weeb
soundcloud.com/lleluia/neighbor-says-hoy
soundcloud.com/lleluia/fine-day
youtu.be/pNVfVnGCoTU
youtube.com/channel/UCJViQLvWq9SJl7MG9fq4x2w/playlists?sort=dd&view=50&shelf_id=5
instaud.io/1PjU
soundcloud.com/tadpoletadpoles
youtu.be/W10C7Qsl4V0
baxterworld.bandcamp.com/album/beatmaking
soundcloud.com/joxaux
soundcloud.com/chipi99/lovely-voicemail
soundcloud.com/freddie-floyd/tsunami-feat-chris-nero-prod
youtu.be/Dq-e42IFCL0
soundcloud.com/lleluia/coastal-memories
vocaroo.com/i/s1FeA23qNeIH
soundcloud.com/user-189033339/sets/cumulus-fractus
soundcloud.com/sammyt-7
soundcloud.com/ssay10/flute-blues-quickie
soundcloud.com/ssay10/sets/shash-sei-sita
kingscountylighthouse.bandcamp.com/track/primadonna
soundcloud.com/edburgers/sets/bust-boiler
edburger.bandcamp.com/
itunes.apple.com/us/album/bust-boiler-single/1345798957
youtube.com/watch?v=IDbSVUUbI64
youtube.com/watch?v=V52nn4m8Yf0
soundcloud.com/georgewompington/glitch-in-the-system
soundcloud.com/prismadoll
soundcloud.com/selfyer
ramzishalabi.bandcamp.com/album/the-heliotropics
ramzishalabi.bandcamp.com/album/umm-geez
soundcloud.com/augustusthegreat/burn-the-heretic
soundcloud.com/kingscountylighthouse/sugar
soundcloud.com/bigturmoil/distant
kingscountylighthouse.bandcamp.com/track/kclh-mixes-originals-36-minutes
soundcloud.com/austin-pratte/unfinished-beats
soundcloud.com/user-674519735/studyforyourfuckingmidtermblack-panther
soundcloud.com/user-659749461/where-u-been
soundcloud.com/deafmetal/blank-valley
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have $500 to spend on a hardware setup. To start sampling. (No mic). What gear should I buy? Can I even get anything worthwhile?

pirate flstudio + acidpro and spend the money on a couple balls of coke

I bought a mint mpc-1000 on ebay for $400 last year. Just keep your eye on reverb and ebay for a good deal and you will get lucky.

How do i do simple shit like add a drum break to whatever sample or thing i have.
I'm not a producer but i'm always been fascinated by the fact people can take the same Stubblefield drum break and make 30 different sounding songs from it.

Serious question: What's the point of using these old mpcs in 2018. It's just digital files so it's not like it has a particular sound, and you can get midi controllers with a similar layout if you like the workflow. If it's just cool to have one, that's fine.

anyone know how Madlib got his kicks so wide and full in Pinata?

youtu.be/4T3OjddJJPQ

it's definitely just for style

how to keep from getting overwhelmed. I have points where I'll enjoy making a sound, but when I try to think of how to build a whole fucking song around it, I get stressed out.

It can sequence a room full of hardware and become the center of a setup if you so desire. I use my digitakt for just that reason. It gives me 8 tracks of samples as well as sequences up to 8 synths.
Sure I could arrange samples in ableton, but I find using a hardware box to be more productive, fun, and inspiring. It's all about personal taste in workflow/inspiration.

Just be yourself.

wtf now i'm more stressed

well I try to learn everything on my own. Made an album last year, worked 2 years on it, teaching myself from the bottom: sampling, beats, subbass, vocals and stereo stuff. Amateur, do not expect anything more than that. Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/mineraudio
Search for instrumentals there
Now Im working on some new projects and I search for good souces of samples

Low pass filter + compression I guess

My time to shine!
soundcloud.com/lleluia/heavenly-nebula
soundcloud.com/lleluia/welcome-friend
soundcloud.com/lleluia/too-weeb
soundcloud.com/lleluia/neighbor-says-hoy
soundcloud.com/lleluia/fine-day

^Best tracks(according to my statistics
>plunderphonics(obviously)
>instrumental hip hop

I never sample anything that isn't at least 10 years old, for integrity and legal risk reasons.
Btw where do y'all get your samples? I feel like i might be having harder of a time than I should be.

spotify and youtube

also no shame in going to songs that have already been sampled and trying to see what you can do with them. check out whosampled.com

bump

sounds like the subsonic generator on the sp-404 triggered by the kick

is Chance the Rapper a legit industry plant? Can I be as successful as him if i put my mind to it?

youtu.be/pNVfVnGCoTU

bump

all the gea'
no idear

samplingk is for keeds mhkay

youtube.com/channel/UCJViQLvWq9SJl7MG9fq4x2w/playlists?sort=dd&view=50&shelf_id=5

instaud.io/1PjU
was trying for some dubstep not dubstep

Since I Left You is such a good album

My favorite album of all time at the moment

mine too

Beats with layered samples, will check you out on SC

soundcloud.com/tadpoletadpoles

daily reminder that all sampled """music""" is literal thievery and not music.

if you like that shit, check this out
youtu.be/W10C7Qsl4V0

shoo shoo

this is actually kinda flames. I can picture the right rapper on there. They'd have to be spitting fast though.

baxterworld.bandcamp.com/album/beatmaking

All the LPs on my Bandcamp are sample based; i take the samples from vinyls, tapes, youtube videos and stuff i recorded.

Which one? Thanks

haha! it was me, the (you) vampire! -hiss- your (you) is mine!

survivors guilt

soundcloud.com/joxaux

Great thread guys.

Where can I find the sort of stuff to sample like on cLOUDDEAD's s/t? Like the ambient background loops.

How would you make
soundcloud.com/chipi99/lovely-voicemail
into a song?

BEST THREAD ON Sup Forums HELLO

Here’s something I whipped up by flipping an obscure Nina sample:

soundcloud.com/freddie-floyd/tsunami-feat-chris-nero-prod

I also made this song right here by sampling six or seven different songs. It has a music video too:

youtu.be/Dq-e42IFCL0

soundcloud.com/lleluia/coastal-memories

Just uploaded a new track boys, let me know what you think.

I've been trying to teach myself how to sample in FL Studio
vocaroo.com/i/s1FeA23qNeIH
give me validation

first track is tight. I'll check this out.

Very good shit, but next time use clyp.it. Vocaroo shits up the quality
What's your soundcloud?

soundcloud.com/user-189033339/sets/cumulus-fractus
the rest of my stuff is shite in comparison

>tfw you can't tell if nobody's listening or if your shit's not good

bump

soundcloud.com/sammyt-7

>lo-fi funk
>psychedelic
>comfy synths
>sampling
>R&B
>trill

I got 95% of my shit being sample based.
soundcloud.com/ssay10/flute-blues-quickie

And my ep which is heavily inspired by madlib
soundcloud.com/ssay10/sets/shash-sei-sita

I am an actual artist and going to change and mix shit with different samples etc to make not full songs, but whole albums that include bridges, intros, outros and many different technique's to approach the samples I find. To me it's disgusting how you wannabe artists come here, take three seconds from Rubycon for a loop and think you're the shit. You are nothing.

Post something then. Difference between you and the "wannabe" artists is that they're realizing their potential and actually making shit. It's okay if you're insecure about your music Man, we know it's probably shit

BLOW ME

I do all that with 50+ uniquely sourced 1 .5 second samples at the same time.

Here, have six changeups and some chord evolution in an ethically sampled piece of work that sources EVERY record used in GZA's Liquid Swords... And then some.

kingscountylighthouse.bandcamp.com/track/primadonna

SP404 SX new from moon land. GEAT buy.

HEY MY G! You came in a good time! Humble this fool

I only wish I could scratch multi-tiered insults at people IRL more often.
Nobody in the main has the slightest conception of what this shite is possible of. They often don't want to. Ya know, in... 21-22 years, my parents have listened to maybe... 2 of the hundreds of things I've recorded. Won't come to shows or battles. Don't think its... Real.

Serious they always ask me when I visit "You're actually writing songs? That often?"

fekkin dweebs

It’s okay. At least you’re a world class producer with untouchable skill. On the bright side no one can take that away from you.

Honestly, that alone has gotten me through HELL.
I don't see myself as top tier, but at the same time I been in this so long... I sorta do?

Hey man if there’s anything that’s ever on your mind you can email me about it. You got my info. I’m not just your rapper now. I’m your friend too.

loomer is the new Compton-based electronic/plunderphonics project. NO VSTS ALL SAMPLES..
Here are the first two songs:

soundcloud.com/edburgers/sets/bust-boiler

edburger.bandcamp.com/

itunes.apple.com/us/album/bust-boiler-single/1345798957

>bedroom
>plunderphonics
>samples
>compton house

YO same goes for you man, I'm kinda fazed out ATM, I programmed original patches on an OP-1 for like 8 hours, then arranged for a few more.

I've already contacted a super talented producer I been working with for several years. He's a complete lunatic and will cover any production blindspots.
He's working on some pop tier shite for ya. I'm in L.I. atm, but that's temporary and I'm already chopping that K sample you sent me into little pieces and different chords. It's a golden sample.

I appreciate that, alot. I'll be shooting you my celly ASAP, sorry i got disconnected today, hadda clean house before monday.

Hey guys almost all of my music is sample-based and so are the videos.
youtube.com/watch?v=IDbSVUUbI64
I use impc pro app on the iPad, recently got a midi controller from akai but haven't gotten to use it much yet

Thank you so much my man. I greatly appreciate it. Hit me up when you can. I’m Really looking forward to it. Always a joy talking to ya.

Field recordings + 10 year old youtube vids with less than 200 views.
Check out Reaching Quiet for more inspo in that lane. It's done by 2/3 of the people in clouddead.
youtube.com/watch?v=V52nn4m8Yf0

DJ mix I made recently, starts with a really heavy industrial groov (Ancient Methods).

Made on 3 XDJ-1000s and a DJM-2000.

soundcloud.com/georgewompington/glitch-in-the-system

Can I just say how much I fucking hate that I missed out on the early 2000s underground hip hop craze. I would give anything to have been at least 13 then and be able to to see some of these people live while they were at their peak.
t. nostalgia baby born in 98

Okay?

If someone's making a song entirely out of samples, I'd assume the majority of the album said track is on would do the same. I can't think of many instances where an album has songs almost or entirely sampled that also shares space with songs that don't include samples. RAM may literally be all I can recall

I'm making a three disc concept album entirely out of samples. Far bigger. Humble yourself please

Hey Prismadoll! What’s your SoundCloud? I didn’t get a chance to ask you last thread cuz it 404d

soundcloud dot com slash b-leaguer-1

Mpc 2000
SP- 202

Prismadoll
soundcloud.com/prismadoll

soundcloud.com/selfyer

>sample based instrumental hiphop for the most part

It was a fucking blast, man. Specially in college. It was like having superpowers back then. Nobody understood, but they sho nuff liked.

ramzishalabi.bandcamp.com/album/the-heliotropics

ramzishalabi.bandcamp.com/album/umm-geez

mostly sample based music

I sample a lot of little vocals. How is it?

soundcloud.com/augustusthegreat/burn-the-heretic

>been trying but I just cant get you
>ever since the day I left you

>I still love you, I still love yooooouuu

soundcloud.com/kingscountylighthouse/sugar
Those drums took me a month. Still have the stems.

>It can sequence a room full of hardware and become the center of a setup
Are MPC 1000s really that reliable and tight? I need something like this because I use a lot of vintage synths and drum machines but it's kind of dated and I'm scared of the MIDI lagging ors omething

You ain't gotta use midi. I don't, and I'm running ten machines+ at once, no DAW and constantly blending songs. It's actually much easier, because you can fiddle with the exact timings of things or remix shit on the fly. MIDI tends to go in one direction only - forward.

>You ain't gotta use midi. I don't, and I'm running ten machines+ at once, no DAW
???
nigger what the fuck are you using to sync and sequence if it ain't MIDI

soundcloud.com/bigturmoil/distant
If you like it feel free to drop a like and follow I will return them.

Whatever backbeat is running the show at that moment is what defines the tempo. Ambient interludes, direct beat matching and tempo shifts (among other shite) are what tie all my tracks together, even for two hour stretches.

Like so -
kingscountylighthouse.bandcamp.com/track/kclh-mixes-originals-36-minutes
It's not hard. You just structure your tracks accordingly.

OK dumbass trip can you read my posts before responding

I need something to sequence a room full of vintage synths and drum machines because I only have 10 fingers. i'm not going to give up and make stupid "ambient" music because MIDI is too hard or something. i just wanna know if timing is tight enough on MPCs for something like that

I used old MIDI sequencers by Yamaha and Kawai but they're even older than MPC 1000s and tend to shit themselves. I need something reliable for live performance

I also have ten fingers. This is what I play live. I play the songs, as in reconstructing them on stage live every time. I divvy them up into patterns and build 'em to blend with each other now and again.
I say ambient as in, every DJ set has a flow and ebb of energy. You don't do high energy shit ALL NIGHT, that's why after 4 hours in a DnB rave you want to shoot yourself and meth seems reasonable somehow.

The ambient sections are the realease. People get tired when you engage them or get them focused and connected to you for too long. You have to split it up with rest periods. Member what DJ Shadow said?

"So, the power's up to ten, but then you're gonna throw on a record that's quiet, OK?"

A bunch of unfinished beats that were just sitting in my Logic for about a year. I get all my samples from YouTube.

soundcloud.com/austin-pratte/unfinished-beats

Let me know what you think of this Black Panther flip

soundcloud.com/user-674519735/studyforyourfuckingmidtermblack-panther

looperman isn't a bad place to get free loops to sample

Also great tracks, love the voiceovers in the background, really adds to the overall songs.

bump

This and SILY are the best Plunderphonics/Sample based albums ever. Prove me wrong

soundcloud.com/user-659749461/where-u-been

>lo-fi trap
>lyrics, piano, & voice clip all samples

beginner here, looking for any/all criticism to try and get better

I thought it was pretty cool, the snaps at the beginning seemed a bit too loud, but other than that, I thought it was a good sound and I will be checking out your other stuff.

How do I make stuff like maedasalt/hsiu? Is he just nightcore-ing songs and adding a drumbreak or is there more to it?

soundcloud.com/deafmetal/blank-valley

what the fuck is that image

daily reminder that this is your average tripfag

daily reminder it really isn't

used sp 303, cheap midi keyboard and pirate daw

Bump