RIP Stephen Colbert

The next time you think "How can anyone find this funny, how can anyone watch this guy every night?". Just remember, nobody does.

>The franchise is coming off its lowest-rated week to-date. That unfortunate claim holds true in both the key 18-49 demographic (a 0.38 rating) and among total viewers (a nightly average of 2.054 million). Not only are those the lowest for a week of Colbert “Late Show” originals thus far, they’re even a new low including weeks of reruns. In other words, there’s currently a body count of “one” in the late-night wars.

yahoo.com/tv/stephen-colbert-5-reasons-show-tanking-ratings-224348812.html

Other urls found in this thread:

yahoo.com/tv/stephen-colbert-5-reasons-show-tanking-ratings-224348812.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4h6BXGkgkgE
youtube.com/watch?v=P_Zqbg6QThg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>yahoo.com/tv/stephen-colbert-5-reasons-show-tanking-ratings-224348812.html

That's what you get for shitting on Trump, faggot.

kys

Looks like the bearrorists finally got their way.

Seth Meyers is even worse than Colbert.

How do they measure ratings or how much show is watched?
Its not like they can monitor who has what channel on at TV or does it?

You know, I didn't even care about the Trump jokes.

It was his shilling for Hillary.

I lost all respect for him.

You have to be 18 to post here.

We've had 8 years of his shitty politics, this is only natural.

they gave a certain number of people something called a "nielsen box" that records whatever channels they watch and sends them data

People are getting tired of the bullshit

>It was his shilling for Hillary.
Did he really? Thats sad. I always accepted him for what he was, shilling and all, and still found him amusing from time to time.

but...but... drumpf!

Shame. He used to be really funny.

There's a company, Nielsen, that pays people to attach boxes to their TVs. The idea is that enough people sign up for the boxes that it's a representative sample.

I didn't even know he had a show after the Colbert Report until I saw a pol thread yesterday about him going off on guns/congress

>the key 18-49 demographic

What does this mean even? Fucking everyone?

Seriously, fuck colbert.
Insult Trump, you get fucking dumped.

Hope he rots in hell for using his position of influence to poison this country.

>colbert was ever funny
politics aside, his act got old quick
he appeals to teens and stoned college kids

I know he had the YEARS of iconoclasm that made him, also, I can't help but think it actually helped the alt-right in the long run. He was talented and smart back even before the Daily Show days.

But, the endless shilling, the deception, the crookedness, he is no different, except maybe a little worse than American news media. He is failing, and I hope he does. I hope all of this cucked bullshit dies OP.

Actually I remember having same box, you usually get free gift after year of six months, I never changed that shit.
And its stupid most people don't have it.

I used to like Colbert. How times have changed.

He'll be out the door just like Conan. Sayonara, irrelevant crypto-kike. Even James Corden beats him.

he is still better than John Oliver. Stephen atleast have some comedic timing unlike cringeworthy John.
still an idiotic libcuck

>i used to be a teenage redditor. How times have changed

People stopped watching him when he dumped doing his show with Comedy Central

>yahoo.com/tv/stephen-colbert-5-reasons-show-tanking-ratings-224348812.html
Too bad John Oliver has high ratings.

you mean current year """"""guy""""""? i think hes hilarious

Who could have foreseen this?

He stopped being funny when he spun off the Daily Show into the Colbert Report. Incidentally that's when the Daily Show jumped the shark, too. Libs were funny during the Bush years (with brief encore during the 2011 teabagger chimpout). But since they've gained political power they've stopped being subversive or funny. Now they're dull establishment approved commedians.

I liked the Colbert Report, but since he took over the Late Show, it is just pure shit.
Glad he is not going to make it.
Next creature to go needs to be John Oliver.

its his fault. He decided to be a liberal pussy faggot.

He's a pretty religious Catholic.

Do you know how fucked the new Daily Show is since that darkie took over? Any rating info on that OP?

>tea bagger
Redditor get the gone

I dont care if Letterman is a mainstream democratic lib. He was funny as fuck. I miss him.

fox viewing neocon newfag you have to go

I literally played his show to put me to bed at night.

His fault for shilling feminism and black lives matter.
Those groups don't watch his shit show. They're too busy arguing on Tumblr and disrupting vigils and events that aren't even about them.

Good. I hope current year guy is gonna be next.

John Oliver is worse. I can't stand to listen to even a minute of it. But some of my friends freaking love him.

He called trump a Nazi. His show will fail

he deserves it for being a cuck

He's not a crypto-kike, he's a turbo good goy.

average age of whites is over 45 m8

>preach about problematic white males not voting for Hillary hard enough
>surprised that your audience of FUCKING WHITE MALES starts tuning out your bullshit
>hardcore liberal cumshitters prefer to watch someone more leftwing than Colbert, the le current year man

Cuckbert made his bed, now he shall lie in it.

>these guys don't know your cable box set does what a nielsen box does without even telling you

>Viewership comprised of straight white males
>Panders to cucks, transfaggots, minority
>Spends every episode insulting majority straight white males
>All self respecting straight white males change channels
>Surprised when ratings drop

He's not current year man. Of the 3 he was the best. Though he was super shit since he stopped his comedy central show.

This brand of obnoxious humor only works when the conservatives are obviously wrong. I used to watch him and Stewart back in the early 2000s, and they seemed to be the only media outlet really going for the throat on important issues and not just staying balanced. The Iraq war, Bush's idiotic policies, all that shit. His absolute zenith was the time when the republicans actually invited him to that dinner, and in a speech he proceeded to shit all over them.

Fast forward to the 2010s and now it's the left's turn to be in power. And... well, they fuck everything up. The things that are obviously wrong with the world, the things that need to be ridiculed are either ignored or praised.

He was a broken clock, right twice per day.

This actually, and not just because of meme magic. Jewart and Goybert became relevant during the Bush years, they had plenty of wind in their sails because they were going against the establishment.

Now they're defending the establishment and trying to fend off the real anti-establishment rebels, and there's nothing funny about defending that nor being the 6 millionth person on TV to shit on Trump.

The pendulum swung and they didn't. Also the writing on his new show is toothless and predictable.

And having people like Anita on.

Colbert literally let that Deray faggot sit at his desk so he could learn about his "white privilege". He also chose an uncharismatic nigger faggot to lead his band, which I'm sure helped tank his ratings further. Colbert the Cuck deserves a lynching, and this is coming from someone who mostly enjoyed the Colbert Report.

You have one bullet Sup Forums, choose.

>Stephen Colbert
>Trevor Noah the South African Jon Stewart Wannabe
>Seth Meyers
>The Purple Fat blonde lady from that unfunny show
>John Oliver

I choose to eat it myself. Don't have to put up with any of those guys then.

Samantha Bee probably. Something about a woman """comedian""" doing the same old tired unfunny smug liberal shit that all the others have done forever pisses me off even more.

Sure faggot, that's why $billions are paid to Nielsen by TV stations

I kill Oliver because he's obviously doing the most effective shilling. I can't wait until Comedy Central has to fire Noah because their affirmative action hire was retarded.

same, and yes, he's shown himself to be a toppest cuck, he even had a BLM wristband...

>goes on a tirade about how guns are bad
>ratings suddenly drop

Pretty much dug his own grave right there

He had that dumb bitch on his show? Wow. I bet Dave is shoveling the dirt onto himself. Why would he have her on the show?

cmon he's sooo randum and funny you guys
Enjoy "Cartoon Donald Trump"
youtube.com/watch?v=4h6BXGkgkgE

I wish the right had comedians to become a touch-point for our politics. Milo comes close, but he's just a pundit, not an entertainer.

We need our own disappointed idealist. Someone like George Carlin, who could (except when he was cucking himself with very outdated descriptions of the role of feminism and relations between men and women) call out the real underlying reasons for the problems of the world, and still be sympathetic to the people who really aren't to blame for the way things are.

Really, a good alt-right comic would sound 90% like George Carlin, devoid of the assholery of Gavin McInnes or that MDE guy. I know why we're like that-- I mean, being told you're morally reprehensible by self interested dysfunctionals all your life will make you feel like there's no point to being moral-- but you can't set up an appealing alternative without some kindness.

It's 2 factors
Because he's a cuck shill jew who constantly tried to shit on Trump
Because people are using less and less television in their household because the Internet is 20x better and less advertisements/propaganda shoved down their throats.

TL;DR
Colbert is a cuck who deserves what's getting to him and Television will be kill by Internet in a few decades.

Trevor. That nigger shits on Trump every episode worst than Colbert and his only other shtick is reminding people he's from Africa a million times. At least Colbert's anti-Trump jokes can occasionally be funny, but fuck both of both of these cunts for shilling Hillary.

Guys.. Maybe we just don't get it. Maybe he's doing a satire on liberals as we know them, just as he was doing a satire on conservatives with the Colbert Report...

All the late shows are leftist propaganda machines. It's so blatant you'd have to be retarded to not notice.

No, I'm saying that liberals prefer le current year man, who is even more extreme than Colbert.

>mfw I used to like Colbert
>watched him join the Late Show
>watched him turn into a complete propoganda puppet
>literally like he has a hand up his ass
>lost all respect for him
>can't enjoy him ever again

Sam Hyde is supposedly doing a show. We shall see.

YES !!!

bump for happening

>cable being a massive info trap means everyone has cable

Because it got political and bullshit. This turns off viewers.

Letterman knew to keep his fucking mouth out of it and just say funny shit about lampshades and get cool bands to play.

Yeah, Sam Hyde. His problem is that the's extremely nasty towards outsiders. George Carlin was inspiring. Hell, he's still inspiring, because most of what he said applies just as well to Obama's America and Merkel's Europe as it did to the Bush regime.

youtube.com/watch?v=P_Zqbg6QThg

This is what we need.

Appeasing progressives only works in the short run. After that people just turn away from your shit to alternatives.

>he thought he could keep people from becoming rightwing as they age
>his audience is leaving
>new young kids dont care about his show or cable tv as much

IP TV being the same shit

And how do they air shows when one part of the country is still asleep? Does CBS run those late-night shows on some smaller network for those other states?

What about that annoying liberal Larry nigger evening show or whatever the fuck? Someone help me out, I can't remember the name.

Good, now that he isn't hiding behind satire anymore everyone sees him as the true shrill liberal he is.

I think Colbert will never admit it to himself, but people liked his character more than they ever liked him. It may have been satire, but people obviously enjoy watching an over the top right wing character and many people will be shocked when they actually make a good point.
Being a zealous Catholic with a massive ego and paranoia is much more entertaining than being literally every other late night host with a big name. Colbert's character can go to a White House dinner and shit on the President mercilessly, Colbert than man can only be taught about privilege.

What is tape delay and a broadcast network you fucking retard

Trump effect

It's over, Cuckbert is finished. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

He is the worst.
>aren't White people so fucking terrible
>better apologize for slavery Whitey
>you my real nigger Obama

I don't watch much TV but I would hope his ratings are near zero.

sjw programming has never been successful in the ratings or at the box office

At least you could have counted on Letterman to give Trump a fight when he was actually on his show. Colbert completely chickened out of that and just joked behind his back and only because it was the allowable opinion.

None of those hosts ever gives their guests any shit. It's mostly a directed 40 minute commercial for whatever product the shills have payed for.

The Colbert Bump has turned into the Trump Dump

And you know what? I just realized something. All the stuff I talked about, the fact that it's impossible to have a positive message on the right wing... I think this is what the people in power count on. It's now impossible to oppose them without also having earning the ire of the gays, the trans lobby, BLM, feminism etc. They've managed to weaponize their underclass, where previously they had to keep them oppressed.

Brilliant fucking strategy, if it was planned. I don't have any inkling what they're going to do about Islam though.

johnathon leibowitz did pretty well

And when he tries to be edgy it just comes across as disgusting. My mom never liked him but she saw that clip of him drawing the swastika for Trump and was disgusted by him in a way I had never seen. The left has only gotten away with their bullshit from apathy, not from increasing support. Once you show anyone their true tactics, and the reality of what they are pushing they cringe like anyone real human

Cucking himself before fucking Deray was much worse than giving that harpy a mass media platform.

Then why did he quit? Because he knew his fuel was running out and he was unwilling to criticize the liberals.

Maybe liberals are finally learning that his news reports are shit.

Troof. Nielsen boxes were necessary in the 80s and 90s, but the newer cable boxes are computers that run their own operating systems and are capable of uploading data.

So every state/timezone has its own CBS version? How does anybody get over the fact nowadays you're getting several hours old jokes?

A show about a liberal regurgitating the liberal bullshit that liberal millennials are already reading on plebbit. Only gen x'ers and boomers watch tv nowadays, and boomers dont watch liberal garbage.

he is shit when he does his political left wing BS

but its good when he does non-political stuff usually in the second part of his show like retirement plans, debt buyers, credit reports etc that are just BS happening and not really a left or right issue

Cable and satellite boxes spy on their customers. Permission for this is in the fine print of the contract they sign when starting service. For broadcast viewers, the Nelson box others mentioned is used.

You didn't watch his show then if you think he was running low on fuel. He was ample with his criticism of the left but he and his writers still had huge bias so they took issue with different things.
He fucked off for a month to do a movie and oliver got his own show by just doing a fill in. The colbert got the golden position, one that he probably was waiting for for years to vie for.
I bet he was just tired and didn't want to go on with Colbert leaving.