>Xavier Dolan
>Steve McQueen
>Alejandro G. Iñárritu
>Tom Ford
>Jeff Nichols
>Asghar Farhadi
>Ken Loach
>Cristian Mungiu
Today's most dishonest enemies of cinema and inauthentic frauds, we can all agree, correct? Who else belongs on that list?

How about a list of honest and authentic Sup Forums approved filmmakers?
>J.A. Bayona
>Robert Zemeckis
>Lav Diaz
>Clint Eastwood
>James Gray
>Shane Black
>Claire Denis
>Steven Spielberg
>Werner Herzog
>Mel Gibson
>Emir Kusturica
>Terrence Malick
>Zack 'kino' Snyder
>Sang-ho Yeon
>Paul Verhoeven

Not sure yet, they go both ways depending on film
>Richard Linklater / Everybody Wants Some! is honest
>Jeremy Saulnier
>NW Refn / TND is inauthentic
>Derek Cianfrance
>Martin Scorsese / silence is honest yet inauthentic
>Jim Jarmusch / Paterson is authentic yet dishonest
>David O Russell and PTA / incredibly inauthentic yet deeply honest

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gk8C7ZxsJCU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is Armond's neck white?

Dishonest filmmaking/filmmakers (Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films often appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously.
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit instagram sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered and studied his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonising.

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking.

They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off of Eraser head, but they have nothing else to say, and act under the guise of deconstruction alongside very weak 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance.

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time.

Some of notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to

>Mike Leigh
>Charlie Kaufman
>Werner Herzog
>James Cameron
>Mel Gibson
>Terrence Malick
>Gaspar Noe

I agree with this actually

>Tarkovsky, Jodorowsky, Lynch, Ruiz, Akerman, Bresson, Rivette, Weerasethakul, Akerman, Godard, Fellini, HHH, Costa, Visconti, Kieslowski, Tarr, Fassbinder, Costa-Gavras, Maddin, Malle, Reygadas, Straub, Hulliet, Mekas, Brakhage, Baillie, Korine, Zulawski...

Dolan is post-dishonesty. It takes a certain level of intelligence to truly "get" his films.

I hope you kill yourself(ves) soon. What terrible meme

>Spielberg
>honest
HAHAHAHAHA
All he does is make cheap schlocky blockbusters. He's a mediocre director

No, you've just gotta be a faggot.

Got that txt file at the ready, huh?

I just wish he also liked Korine. He would be perfect

This. Spielberg is the opposite of honesty. He's very manipulative and turned a holocaust movie into an adventure movie.

Is this Armond meme thread or what.

Because he likes Dennis Villeneuve

Armond gave a good review of nocturnal animals, so idk if ford belongs there

And he hated Verhoeven's Elle.

>mfw you're using a picture of Armond White while shitting on Based Villeneuve
Armond loves Villeneuve, you fucking idiot. He loves Incendies and Sicario and likes Arrival.

>He's very manipulative and turned a holocaust movie into an adventure movie
With dinosaurs!

What a horrible meme you're participating in!
Also:
>Zemeckis
>Spielberg
>"authentic and honest"
Wew lad

He always seems to really like Wes Anderson most of the time.

Also he hates Clint Eastwood so much.

>shits on Denis Vilenueve for making a "a rip off of Eraser head"
>praises James Cameron
Either you're memeing or retarded. Enemy is extremely surrealistic but besides that it doesn't have a lot in common with Eraserhead. Avatar is Pocahontas: Blue Alien Edition.

>Denis Villeneuve

he's good.

>Pocahontas
It's okay when malick does it but not cameron!!!

not really

tarantino is better than everyone you listed

your father armond white likes him

but I don't

I hate dishonesty

He liked:

>Grown Ups
>Jonah Hex
>G.I. Joe
>G.I. Joe 2
>Battle: Los Angeles
>The Green Hornet
>Clash of the Titans
>Indiana Jones 4
>Transformers 2
>Death Race
>Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer
>I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
>Takers
>Taken
>Transporter 3
>Resident Evil: Afterlife
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

He disliked:
>The Tree of Life
>There Will Be Blood
>Black Swan
>The Social Network
>Tangled
>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
>The Road
>The King's Speech
>Synecdoche, New York
>Transformers
>Toy Story 3
>Eastern Promises
>Stardust
>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
>Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
>Tales from the Golden Age
>Let Me In
>All Marvel movies
>The Dark Knight
>Mother
>The Hurt Locker
>Blue Valentine
>Up
>Hellboy 2

He also compared Hannah to Kick-Ass because they both have a young female character, thinks I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry is a modern classic, thinks Live Free or Die Hard is the best Die Hard, compared The Road to Resident Evil, thinks Clash of the Titans is better than the LOTR Trilogy, prefers Transformers 2 to Transformers, and thinks CJ7 is deeper and more profound than There Will Be Blood.

Hahaha, you so mad, So upset there is an influencer that gains clout in the artform you pretend to like. seeing once or twice, then several times, until it becomes a trigger for no good reason.
>'hoyp doyp im not certainne age and needing entertainment don't need no body no how. im far too impressionable to take something in & make of it wat i will , seeing every creative presence as a threat to my daily routine & world view ! gots no clue who dat is but i seen enough screenshotsa dat face & meme-informed childbabble to know im not no DRONE needin sum1 tellin me wat to BE & SAY cause everythings BLACK&WHITE in my raisinshrivel world'
Yea you're not nothin. Yea no you're somethin. you're somethin alright, lmao.
youtube.com/watch?v=gk8C7ZxsJCU
Ninety seconds of unbridled brilliance right there.

Am I supposed to be outraged or something? It shows he has discerning taste and doesn't just swallow whatever slop the hivemind dictates is good like you

White likes Villeneuve, Dolan (especially heartbeats), Nichols
He would probably throw Herzog, Gray and Zemeckis into dishonest.

You realise this line of rationale is stupid. The movies in the liked category are a different type of movie. Half the movies you put into the disliked category I'd agree with
>Tangled
>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
>The Road
>The King's Speech
>Startdust
>Let Me In
>Up
>Every single horrible Marvel movie

Daily reminder that Almond loved Hidden Figures

>he doesnt like movie™ so he must be bad™

It's about what he liked.

You should be ashamed for defending him. Your taste is shit.