You've got 10 seconds to name a better Die Hard knock off than Cliffhanger

You've got 10 seconds to name a better Die Hard knock off than Cliffhanger.

Pro-tip: It can't be done.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e7HNC60a3r4
imdb.com/title/tt0109494/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_Death_(1995_film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Boom. Here you have it.

Watching AMC too, huh?

Speed

None of this work because MccLaine gets fucking wrecked in that movie while these pussies have such big egos they come out of their trials and tribulations with so much as a scar.

White House Down is the real Die Hard Knock-off

>be 7 years old
>watch cliffhanger
>awesome
>go to blockbuster
>OH WOW A CLIFFHANGER GAME
>beg mom to rent it
>go back home
>can't make it past like the first level because I keep getting BTFO by the avalanche

Stupid 7 year old reasoning skills and reflexes

Got you all beat.

Took 26 years, but they did it.

The Last Boy Scout.

youtube.com/watch?v=e7HNC60a3r4

Yep. I forgot how amazing Lithgow was in this. Just the perfect amount of hammy and menacing. It should have been him as the baddie in Die Hard 2.

Great movies but neither are Die Hard knock offs.

What do you consider a Die Hard Knock Off? One man vs a bunch of enemies + some serious stakes (the tower hostages, the airplanes running out of fuel, the financial impact of stealing all that gold)?

By that definition, I think only Under Siege fits the bill.

Average joe gets tossed in an unusual situation facing dangerous foes in an enclosed scenario.

>cliffhanger
>a man hangs off a cliff on the poster
Ughhh

Forgot the quotation marks on "Average".

Oh see. Then here you go: the original Die Hard film.

Under Siege

A Die Hard knock off to me is a group of terrorists/thieves taking over a location and being thwarted by one lone man.

Man of Fire?

Inside Man?

Speed is the obvious answer.

Fun fact: McTiernan originally was supposed to direct it, but declined because it was too similar to Die Hard, so he suggested de Bont to the studio, who was his cinematographer. The script was also rewritten so that the main character was less of a hothead smartass.

Then McTiernan goes back to make Die Hard 3, based on an unrelated script, which has some similarities with Speed.

Also if you're curious, Die Hard was technically a sequel to a 1968 Frank Sinatra neo-noir called The Detective

Man on Fire? No.

Inside Man? Maybe. If Denzel was in the bank then definitely.

what's the wesley snipes plane movie called? anyway, that one

Pythons on a plane.

Drop Zone I think?

Also Air Force One with Harrison Ford counts as well.

Die Hard was based off a book.

My nigga. Under Siege was tops.
>Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey as God-tier villains
>USS Missouri as the setting
>Seagal's character doesn't have everyone fawning about how great he is, just a few lines about "He's a good guy"
>Erika Eleniak's tits
>Workshop fight scene is GOAT
>Final knife-fight is GOAT
>Seagal's team sinks a fucking submarine
11/10

I don't get why Tommy Lee Jones's character kept changing clothes throughout the movie.

Passenger 57 of course.
Always bet on black

I remember this one. Wasn't Van Damme's name even similar to McClane? Something like Jack McCord?

>Air Force One with Harrison Ford counts as well.
It may count as a Die Hard knock off, but it was utter shit.

JCVD?

John Lithgow is great in this.

White House Down just pisses me off because it clearly should have been Die Hard 5. McLane is at the White House to earn a medal for his actions in the fourth one and he's brought his daughter and that happens to be the day that the terrorists attack. It fucking writes itself and in the end McLane saves the fucking world by preventing nuclear war. It's perfect.
Instead we got that retarded shit about his son being CIA. God it was so bad.

Great movie.

>Erika Eleniak's tits

She was hot but man was that character annoying.

he was a rock star

thats a big cake

(amazing tits too)

ok guys let me tell you a story:

it was 199X and this flick was showing at the cinema and i managed to win 2 tickets to watch it out of a radio show. i told the girl i liked if she wanted to go with me to see it. she said ok, then she fluked. i went alone, and the movie sucked balls. thats all.

imdb.com/title/tt0109494/

I feel like Im the only one whos seen it

This actually looks pretty cool. Is it any good?

Sean Astin was in a couple die hard ripoffs

this is another

Its entertaining at least. Christopher plummer plays the hans gruber role

any one else have the awful cliff hanger sega game?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_Death_(1995_film)

>Sean Astin
>Bruce Campbell
>Stacy Keach

This has to be kino right?

I like White House Down and Olympus Has Fallen exactly because they both pull off different parts of the Die Hard formula. They're both way fucking better Die Hards than Die Hard 5.

this seems fake

That fight with the Penguin mascot kinda shook me as a kid. It felt so real and very to the death. Made violence almost disturbing and then I started playing Mortal Kombat II and eventually got desensitized.

>name a better Die Hard knock off than Cliffhanger.

>mfw Speed 2 wasn't Die Hard 2

London has fallen is pretty great too

Dredd

It's like eternally saying the name of the movie within a movie.

No

Way

Does that have a showdown at some old cabin, and someone's got an axe? There might be a forest fire going on as well.

I remember catching that on some channel that always showed weird/bad action movies but never caught the name.

Not to mention it was a fucking chick with sexy red finger nails get bubbly burnt and then choked through some giant kitchen contraption.

Which seagal movie had the grumpy doc from scrubs and the finger cutting (?) scene. I remember that scaring me as a kid.

It's BoobKino

The villains certainly felt believable. Never understood the sheer amount of hate the movie got.

What are some locations that haven't been used in a knock off yet? I want to write the script so it'll be ready for the inevitable resurgence of the genre.

Die Hard in a forest? A mall? A prison?

The scenes are incredibly boring from what I remember, she was really hot though

>A prison?

Con Air, kind off. I'm pretty sure I've seen something set in an actual jail, but can't think of it right now.

>Die Hard in a ball
>Die Hard in the fall
>Die Hard in a call station
>Die Hard in a Saul's Restaurant
>Die Hard in a dull afternoon
>Die Hard in a gull???

id think a forest is too wide open to be proper DieHardsploitation (plus its been done)

an empty mall sorta has been done in Chopping Mall (though its bad).

maybe a school??
>autistc kid is going to shoot up a school during lunch
>terrorists show up to take over the school
>autistic kid is now the students only hope
>the movie ends with him being a hero

forest would just be Deliverance

prison would be The Rock, Escape from NY, Con Air, etc. etc.

i can't think of any Die Hard mall knock-offs but is it that different from an office building? and malls are kind of on their way out

do a Die Hard in reverse.
A large office building has to escape from inside a new york cop

Didn't Max Landis pitch that exact movie once?

fuck you it had Gary Oldman in it, take that back. also The President of the United States was kicking some ass how could it be bad?

HONK >:|
HONK >:)
TIDDIES :DDD

I don't know what the character limit for the Internet is but you are wasting it.

Yes I did! Thanks for remembering my career.

forgo pic

Joss Whedon wrote a great one in the 90's called Suspension, which was basically Die Hard on a bridge, that never ended up getting made. Just reuse that idea.

fuck you that was my movie idea.

i even managed to shoot a couple of parts of it too. fucking school cancelled my permit since they didn't know there'll be guns in it. fuck them

What about Die Hard on a movie set? A movie set where they're shooting Die Hard 6.

Written by Charlie Kaufman.

kek

Die Hard in a school is Masterminds with Patrick Stewart isn't it? It's a team of kids instead of just one though.

I'm actually shocked this hasn't been done yet. The set is taken over by terrorists and the PA who just came back from a coffee run has to save the day and ends up banging the lead actress in the end. It writes itself.

Don't forget the scene where everyone expects the McClane actor to do something and he just tells "What the fuck do you want ME to do? I'm an ACTOR!". But then at some point he saves the PA by distracting a henchman.

Surprisingly this

I liked the city under siege, having to go on foot and dodging hostiles. It's like Die Hard meets The Purge.

It's too bad Speed 2: Cruise Control was shit; it actually had a decent idea of utilizing a cruise liner. Imagine a group of pirates taking one over or something.

Bruce Willis plays both McClain and a fictionalized version of himself

(Movie Bruce is hired to play McClain on a movie based on the real life events of Die Hard 1.)

McClain is on the set as an "expert" when terrorists show up to blow up the movie studio. So its up to Bruce and John to team up to stop them (movie bruce is an effeminate pampered actor)

white house down is kino desu

>rent out toy soldiers from blockbuster
>was an older movie so just had one of those generic "blockbuster" covers on the case
>so keen to see chip hazard get BTFO by the gorgonites
>get this boring, contrived, overly-dramatic bullshit instead

worst movie EVER

what the fuck is going on with her cleavage

>PUMPED UP KICKS starts playing

Sounds like a hit honestly.

This movie is nothing like Die Hard in anyway. Aside from maybe people dying hard.

you're not ready for BoobKino

Die Hard on a Zeppelin? That hasn't been yet I don't think.

The main character should be a depression era poorfag that stows away to get some food for his family. He gets caught and put in the brig but just done Nazis hijack the ship because there's a defecting scientist onboard.

how can living actresses actually compete?

Die Hard but instead of a working class street smart New York cop he's a family therapist

its called Cry Hard

>Die Hard in a forest?

That's what this piece of shit is.

Also Predator and First Blood are essentially Die Hard in a forest as well.

>: john wick
More like Rambo, AmIright?

Just make sure you report your winnings to the IRA proper like.

The only really good part of Deep Rising is the luxury liner setting.

Why the hell aren't more movies made with Luxury Liners getting taken over by pirates/terrorists? They're perfect.

I wasn't sold on it until the prospect of Die Hard with nazis dawned. Now I really want it.