I dreamed a dream in time gone by

I dreamed a dream in time gone by...

Anne Hathaway might be the most overrated actress in the last forty years at least.

I memed a meme for too long

I didn't know females posted on Sup Forums.

and she's ugly too

I dreamed these dubs

ONE DUBS MORE

A brilliant song, Hathaway was a meh choice, but she did ok I guess

technically speaking that scene was very well acted and all. But good god did her constant crying and gasping absolutely ruin one of the all time great songs in musical history

She's pretty good in this mediocre movie

wasn't her mom a standard actress for that role or something?

I know, all that yucky emotion ruined what should have a been a cold, passionless song.

I'm an autist, by the way.

I guess youve literally never heard any other version of the song.
There is plenty of emotion in the broadway, west end, 10th anniversary, and 25th anniversary editions without any of that obnoxious oscar bait shit

Agreed. They should have just had one of those text-to-speech programs deliver the song. The written word is truly what is beautiful about the scene anyway.

embarrassing
Sometimes the music needs to speak for itself
I understand that there are stupid people in the audience who cant tell someone is sad unless they are spewing out mucous and tears, but for people older than 12 this shit is ridiculous

I could not have said it better. I actually prefer for an actress to deliver her lines while staring blankly into the camera; in a monotone, almost comatose cadance. Whatever emotion we need to ascertain from her performance should come from the words themselves.

In fact, why do we need the actresses at all? They should just film pages of the script for two hours.

only Susan Boyle did a better job desu

>still being this salty about someone insulting a hideously overacted scene
this is too funny
perhaps i should post a video of someone laughing as loudly as i can otherwise you wouldnt know what i meant by funny

This is a retarded argument. Complaining that people are acting emotional in an emotional scene. Go listen to the original soundtrack if you don't want actors acting during the song.

There is nothing wrong with it if its done well, and Anne Hathaway did not do it well.
Eddie Redmayne does a pretty good job with balancing acting and performing the song when he sings Empty Chairs at Empty Tables, and Hugh Jackman nails it when he sings Who Am I
Samantha Barks also does this perfectly in On My Own. The problem is not that "acting" is bad in a musical, the problem is that Anne Hathaway's rendition of I Dreamed a Dream is grossly overrated

>25th anniversary
Was it Lea Salonga in the 25th? It was nice to see her go from Eponine in the 10th to Fantine. She still doesn't beat Henshall's 10th anniversary though. I maintain the only miscast in the 10th is Enjolras.

It was Lea
I disagree that Enjolras is off in the 10th though. If by that you mean Ramin Karimloo is better then i guess you're right but i think Maguire did a great job.

Anne Hathaway is almost Meryl/Blanchett tier. If she isn't a good actress, then no one is

This

>les miserables
>they end up more miserable