Ghana vs Uruguay 2010

Whom was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jasUK3D9cYY
philosophynow.org/issues/90/Galahad_vs_Odysseus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Suarez was send off with a direct red card for doing what he did meanwhile the Ghanese(?) who took the penalty kick missed horribly, so in the end nobody was in the wrong.

>missed horribly

Not really, he hit the crossbar.

Ghanian.

Ironically he converted his penalty in the shootout moments later.

Aiming exactly the same spot, that took balls to be honest

taking a penalty and missing the goal is like falling out of a boat and not hitting water

Nobody was wrong back then, but the rules have been changed because of this.
This is pretty much a debate over retroactive application or enforcement of a law.

Nigs are always wrong

What was the rule change?

Suarez was painted as a panto villain, but I actually think he did the right thing for his team and his country.

Celebrating and jumping for joy when Gyan missed lacked class, but the guy is too emotional.

It's a shame though, it would have been nice for an Africa team to go further in Africa's first ever world cup.

SJW BTFO

Everyone followed the rules, putting your hands in the ball is an alternative that every player can commit as long as he is expelled after, and in case of this happening inside the goal area, a penalty shall be given to the opponent.
The ghanian retarded that dropped the spaghetti.

Stop bringing american race discussion dynamics into every fucking thread, obese subhuman.

The ref can now decide if something is goal or not when there is an odd situation involving a clear goal chance/save.
Even if it still debatable in situations like OP, it would help in scenarios like Liverpool balloon goal, that Brazilian medical staff who saved a goal or if someone purposely throws extra balls in the pitch.

>it would have been nice for an Africa team to go further in Africa's first ever world cup.
KEK

Has this happened yet?

Not that I disagree with the idea but I imagine it might open a totally new can of worms, accusations of "ref was paid to ensure that team A scored" or something. The butthurt never ends.

> we should throw fireworks on the pitch to avoid last minute goals, after all if there's a regular punishment it's just another resource!

The nigger and FIFA of course since they wanted their meme african team to go through, 1 foul with telekinesis and 2 offsides before Suarez makes the penalty, leaving us without a key player in the semi-finals. That's why they allowed the illegal holland goals(offside and foul) and why they constantly mock Uruguay and our players like changing our anthem to the chilean one or the stupid sanctions for Suarez whenever he looks bad at someone.

youtube.com/watch?v=jasUK3D9cYY

Not that I know. It was approved by FIFA the same season they approved the forward kickoff and 4th sub, but I don't know how does FIFA and the FAs work with these stuff, like how some leagues already have VAR and some don't.

suarez should have been banned from the sport for life, fucking cuck, and uruguay didn't even do anything with their cheat win, insecure faggot team, insecure faggot player, irrelevant team squandering their opportunities after playing shit ass football, obviously uruguay was shit and wrong

>changing our anthem to the chilean
I don't know why the fuck does FIFA keeps doing this to Uruguay, but it's really weird.

t. Spic

> brasil
> spic

t. Ghanian immigrant on the US

> we should throw fireworks on the pitch to avoid last minute goals, after all if there's a regular punishment it's just another resource!

"Throwing fireworks" is something completly unrelated to the game, it would just interrupt the match without any relation to the game itself.
What a retarded example, my african-south american friend.

Could you post the cavadinha goal from Loco Abreu and tell me what was the reaction of people when he did it?

> we should systematically try to injury our rival's key players, after all tackles are contemplated by the rules and therefore part of the game!
> we should throw extra balls on the pitch to avoid counter attacks, after all if there's a regular punishment it's just another resource!

> we should systematically try to injury our rival's key players, after all tackles are contemplated by the rules and therefore part of the game!
They would do that if the consequences weren't so severe.
You are actually contradicting yourself, putting your hand in the ball is not different than commiting a foul to avoid an opponent's goal. Both are "against the rules" and both have punishment, and they are inseparable part of the sport.

>it would have been nice for an Africa team to go further
fuck off with that racism you cunt

The ref.

>They would do that if the consequences weren't so severe
Knowing the consequences is the reason why last defenders still try to avoid goals without using their hands. The difference lays on the action/consequence proportion.
Just to clarify, I don't think Suarez did anything wrong. In just saying that this situation is not that simple. Just because something is allowed by the rules it doesn't mean it's fair.
Changing a clear goal situation for a penalty was not fair.

Here is pretty good article abut the ethics of what Suarez did
>philosophynow.org/issues/90/Galahad_vs_Odysseus

is this the greatest moment in uruguayan sports history?

I fail to see the moral issue there, should suarez just let ghana score? of course suarez did the right thing, he took a gamble and obviously it paid well; when people talk about which team deserved it more it implies every time team A plays better than team B, B should surrender, football (nor any sport) isn't like that. There are rules and suarez paid the proper punishment, it's unfair when a team wins with blatand diving or offsides, cause there the rules weren't applied, but in that case it was the opposite, ghana missed their chance.
for a penalty and a red card

No one was in the wrong.

that used to happen you know? It is a fucking resource.

the regulation is wrong

FIFA for trying at all costs to stop us from winning it just to keep their stronk nigger nation dream alive and later protecting le gentlemen tiki taka meme from being heavily exposed

Based ratking, only him could have done something like that.

The nig that fucked up was in the wrong.

The nigger who missed the penalty kick

considering they won the WC twice and the copa america over a dozen times, no

>Only 2 wcs
>Has four stars
>Implying

>philosophynow.org/issues/90/Galahad_vs_Odysseus

lmao this is cool af, cheers brah

What do you propose Shinji?

>fpbp
/thread really
anyone who has played at a competitive level knows you do whatever it takes to keep your team in the game... every coach I have had has preached this.
Even if that means getting sent off and giving away a PK, you give your team a chance no matter the cost.

Always vigilant, Cisplatines