Who ripped off who here?

Who ripped off who here?
The process of how the hosts in Westworld are made is just too similiar to the synths in Fallout 4 for it to be a coincidence.
The whole "synthetic human" dilemma is basically the same as well.
Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cM0d7VGFNsY
youtube.com/watch?v=AsIQ_kA77b4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're both just referencing this guy here

They are both ripping off da vinci.

not just talking about that.
in both, the android is strapped in a detachable ring.
in both, the skeleton is assembled in a 3D-printer like way, and then the whole thing is "dipped" in some sort of fluid to make all the squishy bits. The concept is entirely the same.
Not to mention the moral question asked in both is the same. These robots are just biological copies of humans. Tissue, blood, everything.
Where do you draw the line to what is a human being if both are basically indistinguishable?
The same god damned question.

They ripped off Syndicate.

youtu.be/cM0d7VGFNsY

Are you less than eighteen years old?

are you?

Are you unable to see the symbolism of a 3Dprinter/davinci/god drawing man?

No. And as such I'm not a complete idiot about the basics of robot fiction.

10/10 deflection though

are you unable to see a clear ripoff?
this is not basic concept, this is very specific imagery.

>this is very specific imagery.

Which comes from the Vitruvian Man.

The procedure is just both of them going with the most reasonable sci-fi explanation.

so ripping off another piece of media is okay, because it is vaguely based on a drawing from a renaissance master?
it is really blatant too.
sounds like fanboy apologism to me.

Would be one thing, if it was kind of similiar,
but it is EXACTLY the same, step for step.
Even the colours are the same.

They're both ripping off masamune shirow by way of ghost in the shell who was in turn ripping off leonardo da vinci.

to be fair, leonardo was about depicting humans, not creating artificial ones.
kind of a different moral issue.

Oh I didn't realize the video game fallout 4 and the television drama westworld were documentaries depicting real humans being created.

are you stupid?
da vinci: "i wanna depict a standard human"
fallout and westworld writers: "what if you could 3D print artificial humans and control them like robots?"

waah...what?

They're both ripping off/paying homage to the opening of Ghost in the Shell.

>make machines that create men
>reference most iconic image of man

this isn't rocket surgery

Where is his penis?

pay attention kids, this is how you miss a point.

the genitalia are added as a final touch.
they are contain the soul.

no, you see, both REFERENCED the vitruvian man, but one ripped off the other.
one was first in this particular way. and particular it certainly is.

so why are you ignoring this?

I despise nuHBO more than I despise nuBethesda.

>Not supposed to duplicate anything similar to anything else or it isn't original
>if it isn't original I won't like it, now lets go watch the reboots
>if it is similar it means it is a stolen idea
>stolen because they're hacks
>everything is stolen so everyone of us are hacks including ME - OP

Yes, let's waste our time debating a faulty presumption that original (which doesn't exist) means it is good.

similiar =/= exactly the same in every way

I'll just leave this here

daily reminder that GitS is about to become
>that stupid movie from 2017
>what they had an anime too?

ugh forgot link

youtube.com/watch?v=AsIQ_kA77b4

OP is a giant retard and a fag for caring about fallout 4 and westworld and not knowing old as fuck tropes

This is internet. This is not your first day is it? Similar to the usual crowd participation here means "exactly the same".
I was poses the example of the kind of mentality I witness here all the time which often seems to know nothing but absolute absolutes.

It was a mimic of the mindset I witness here that I disagree with.

GitS deserves it because it's already usurped Neuromancer's proper place as original cyberpunk

I saw your post from page 0 and thought "surely someone has brought up the original movie in this thread"

guess not

>GitS deserves it because it's already usurped Neuromancer's proper place as original cyberpunk

I don't disagree, but it still pains me.

They're both ripping off Blade Runner.

which is?

also
>Originally, Terminators were purely robotic and weren't covered with living tissue. Starting with the T-600, Skynet tried to cover the titanium alloy endoskeleton with rubber, which looked fake and was easy to spot. Skynet discovered a method that allowed them to grow living tissue over the endoskeleton, making the new Terminators almost impossible to spot.

I know the concept itself is old as fuck, but we're talking visual medium.

T1 is 1984
Syndicate is 1993

pls let's dive deeper

How about Westworld (1973), you cock goblin

I'm not involved in your petty "chicken or egg" squabble, I'm here to discuss how westworld is just going to be 'that show from 2016'

>grow living tissue over the endoskeleton

That means everything a terminator walked it's endoskeleton feet would literally smash, and rip it's foot skin off every time it walked because the skin would be strong enough to endure the internal metal.

Every time he grabs something he would smash his hand flesh.

The original westworld is more relevant than it has been in decades thanks to "that show from 2016"

>the skin WOULDN'T be strong enough to endure the internal metal

Metal against the skin, the skin wouldn't provide enough absorption of pressure.

>I'm here to discuss how westworld is just going to be 'that show from 2016'
sorry user, it will be probably be remembered as that poignant and deep study of human condition for years to come, regardless of what you or I think

Just finished Westworld.

It fucking sucked.

Aren't you fucking cool and hardly impressed! You are a very unique person, I am actually surprised you come to the internet to post your comments. I mean, why do it for free?

nobody, and i mean nobody gave a single fuck about the original movie until the show came out.

some turbonerds did
they saw it like a predecessor to T1

even though it ripped off fallout 4?

"nobody".

>he's butthurt for the show producers
it did suck, the acting sucked, the plot was poorly paced and full of holes, the music was cringe, there was almost nothing redeemable

OK, I'm now sure this is a bait thread. thanks

Hot damn you're mad. Its just an opinion man.

What's fallout 4? That emo boy band?

People will be watching Westworld when you can't even play Fallout 4 any more without an emulator.

>Playing a Bethesda game

It's like you hate videogame

>you can't even play Fallout 4
>implying anyone in the future would even want this

westworld fans can't even accept clear facts if it means criticizing their show

this

"clear facts", such as
>it did suck, the acting sucked, the plot was poorly paced and full of holes, the music was cringe, there was almost nothing redeemable

you should become a critic man, really enjoy reading your reviews

i highly doubt it.
both will be forgotten in due time, but fallout has a stronger legacy, aside from the Bethesda fuckups.

No. The person is not butthurt by your statement, but rather annoyed at the repetitive little shit that you are lying, and pretending to have seen it.
If you truly did watch it, and didn't like it you're a fucking useless shit wasting your time arguing with people you do not know about TV shows you haven't seen because you're a useless little shit whose joy in life is this as pathetic as you, and your life is.
You could do us all better by killing yourself. Your absence would not be missed.

because those were the facts I was referring too

I have little doubt F1 and F2 would be studied in the future as classics

>If you truly did watch it, and didn't like it you're a fucking useless shit wasting your time arguing with people you do not know about TV shows you haven't seen because
>If you truly did watch it
>TV shows you haven't seen

What?

>That means everything a terminator walked it's endoskeleton feet would literally smash, and rip it's foot skin off every time it walked because the skin would be strong enough to endure the internal metal.

Skin is pretty stretchy, you don't see 400 lbs meatbags tearing up their feet.

And yeah, it's metal insides, but you could have that stuff moving or attached in a way that wouldn't tear everything up, the bigger issue would be that the cover would only last like a week or so before it starts to rot off.

Which they did in Terminator 1, his skin due to tearing and decay started to smell and he got flies, his skin got pale and started to get a corpse tone.

But I think you could put the flesh over in a manner that wouldn't get all torn up by the endoskeleton from moving around, since it only has to appear to be like human flesh and not actually be human flesh.

>You could do us all better by killing yourself. Your absence would not be missed.

why do the guns only work on hosts? are they magical? or are the hosts so frail an airsoft bullet hurts them? they don't seem like it.
how long is one "loop"?
the park staff seems to be pulling the hosts daily.
wont the guests notice the person they killed is still alive the next day? does staff come in in the night and take dolores so she can be interviewed repeatedly? doesn't that defeat the purpose of making the experience as immersive as possible?
etc. etc. etc.

No I mean read what you just wrote, it doesn't make logical sense at all. If I watched the show then I'm wasting my time talking about a show I haven't seen?

You're a great debater, you should join your school's team.

lay off the booze my man

Westworld reminded me to that movie Vice with Bruce Willis as the bad guy

this is autism nitpicking, not plot holes

if that really stooped your from enjoying it, I would advice to stay away from any kind of sci-fi whatsoever

all that skin tearing bullshit aside, terminators are clearly robots, while the hosts are not.
they are not merely metal disguised with organic tissue, they are made of the same stuff as humans. they have organs, blood, the business.
the whole comparison fell flat from the beginning.

>you don't see 400 lbs meatbags tearing up their feet.

That's because they have lots of fat tissue, and other muscle tissues to absurd the pressure of their weight. But it is fiction, so we're willing to let it go for that.
I just thought it might be funny to imagine a terminator accidentally ripping its flesh off every time it walked, jogged, or grabbed something.

Westworld is just a newer version of LOST
They're both doing the thing where they keep people invested by showing them constant new twists and mysteries
It's unsustainable

>why do the guns only work on hosts? are they magical?
THEY JUST WORK. wtf is this complaint.

>how long is one "loop"?
1 day.
>doesn't that defeat the purpose of making the experience as immersive as possible?
it does break the immersion, yes. your point?

Videogames don't have stories, and thus can't be ripped off.

the loop isn't one day if some of the narratives are longer than one day?

sci fi still needs internal logic. it is missing.
that's not autistic nitpicking, it is also not plotholes, it is logic holes.
pace it differently or come up with an explanation.
i am supposed to be able to suspend my disbelief after all. all that shit is making it hard quite honestly.

Well if you won't accept the divinci reference then they all ripoff ghost in the shell. Oshi's gits movie has an opening scene similiar to what you describe.

read:

> The procedure is just both of them going with the most reasonable sci-fi explanation.

You are such a fucking douche. I bet you're overweight

good point, user.

I don't have an answer to that.

these are just questions you have, not plot holes.

they never show how the suited people take dolores in the middle of the night during the week long adventures with william. they don't erase her memory either, since she wakes up and knows what's going on.
what happens if a guest just knifes another guest in the throat, mistaking them for a host?
are the knifes magical too?
this shit don't work, fampai.

It makes sense for people other than you. You're a waste of time, and you're a persistent repetitive waste of time.

You are retarded.

I'm willing to accept that the guns just work.

But what's to stop someone from stabbing a person they mistook for a host? The fact that there's a samurai world only adds to this problem.

I dunno guys, I had tons of problems with this show, but none of that
>BUT HOW CAN THIS PARK ACTUALLY WORK
even crossed my mind. It doesn't matter. Accept it.

So both writers went to a philosophy 101 class?

As long as we're nitpicking...

Is the Asian guy a robot too? That's the least retarded explanation for his unexplainable behavior, but it's still retarded.

Why does nobody care that Arnold's clone is the head of the tech department 30 years after his bizarre death?

so if you just never answer glaring logical leaps, it's okay for the narrative? sounds like sloppy writing, rather than "omg so mysterious".

In the first episode, I'm pretty sure Lee says he found a way to get Hector to Sweetwater "a week early."

So it seems like the loops are pretty fucking long.

> it renders many situations in the story absurd
> not plot holes

Fucking blind fanboy

What? Westworld isn't anything like LOST, beyond the fact that they both have retards who think it's a plothole when they don't explain exactly how the guns work or whatever.

all the delores interviews were from when the park started and they were working on the hosts u BAAKA; that was arnold not bernard

asking how long a loop is or simply stating that the staff seems to pull the hosts out aren't plot holes. they do not make the plot absurd.

>they never show how the suited people take dolores in the middle of the night during the week long adventures with william. they don't erase her memory either, since she wakes up and knows what's going on.

it is pretty clear they allow the hosts to "go on" with the guest's adventures, I don't see a problem here.

in fact, that's basically the reason they have to be AIs at all, and not just pre-programmed NPCs.

Asian cuck had to be a robot because Ford's plan was entirely predicated on him
Like if he wasn't a total moron, everything Ford planned would fail.

Remember that time when Bernard made a slightly big deal about having to go "downstairs"? And then he gets in the elevator and goes to a spooky basement with flickering lights and furniture strewn about the floor? And then he just gets on a computer and does something, and we're not told why he had to use that particular computer to do so?

So what the fuck was the purpose of that?

but it's not "how does human condition" basic stuff, but literal, unapologetic and blatant ripping off. Scene by scene the process is duplicated and of course it begs the same question, but that's beside the point. They ripped it off, and they ripped it off good.

Westworld seems cool.

Should I give it a try? How long is it?

10 episodes desu.
It's not the best shit out there, but it's pretty cool.