A Series Of Unfortunate Events

>no ASoUE hype thread
Let's fix that.

Are you excited for this? Do you think it'll stick to the books pretty well? Thoughts on NPH as Olaf?

What do you think of the theme music, which is literally just Neil Patrick Harris telling you to look away?
youtu.be/0GeCPanRHU0

I'm hoping it'll be good, but I'll never be able to unhear or unsee Jude Law as Lemony Snicket.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wHgq9BgJ9L4
youtube.com/watch?v=vB4G5hzDqeE
youtu.be/6hlNVt-STn4
youtube.com/watch?v=c3HUUtVI0tY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HOW DID I NOT HEAR ABOUT THIS

OH GOD HYPE

Comes out tonight at midnight (or 3AM, depending on where you are).

Most shows I stay up until premiere to watch I end up fucking loving. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are the only exceptions.

How many hours until it releases?

Roughly 8 or so.

This was poor timing, in retrospect

>Playing on the author telling you to fuck off and read another book

I like it

>not animated
DROPPED

Literally all the advertising has had Patrick Warburton as Snicket telling you to watch something else.

youtu.be/wHgq9BgJ9L4

I'm thankful.

I hope it still has some of the darkness of the books. Trailer looked a bit too comedic.

>They didn't use Olaf's actual theme
youtube.com/watch?v=vB4G5hzDqeE

is the whole season being released at once?

is someone going to make a room to watch this in?

>showing snicket's face

DROPPED

A lot of reviews are saying it's darker than the trailers let up, so I'm hoping so too.

That's not actually him though.

Well yeah, but showing his face at all is against his character. I'm not that user, I don't personally mind, but I really like what they did with Jude Law in the movie and only showing his silhouette.

Okay buddy.

I'm pretty fucking hype.

I loved the books as a kid. I enjoyed the movie a lot, so I bet I'm gonna enjoy this.

Yep. Same as most Netflix shows.

That was a little off-putting to me too, but the writing seems to work just as well all the same. This first promo really hits the spot for me
>Joy joy happiness, my fortune's about to change!
youtu.be/6hlNVt-STn4

>implying it's not a stand in

Oh shit yeah? I'm pretty fuckin' excited now.

Don't quote me on that, I haven't read much, but I heard that from here.

On the other hand, I also heard that Count Olaf sings a badly rehearsed song with his acting troupe to the orphans, I don't know what to expect anymore.

Well, I'm excited all the same. The aesthetic of the show is my jam, and the jokes more or less hit in the promos so far (Olaf mentioning he bought an hourglass online fucked with me a little)

Oh man, after years of listening to fans whine about how Count Olaf was supposed to be so edgy and dark(even though the book itself is absurdist), I thought this show would take him in that direction.

Imagine my surprise when I see NPH trying and failing to do a Jim Carrey impression. Carrey's Stephano deserved his own movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=c3HUUtVI0tY

Now to sit back and watch NPH fuck this up in character as Barney Stinson trying to be Count Olaf. Also sets and props look shit.

>bought an hourglass online
Isn't that an inside joke because the books also never mentioned a set time period yet it seemed to have more than one?

Carrey's interpretation of Stephano is the best difference from the book the movie had.

Can new Violet possible beat movie Violet?

Where in the books did Snicket write that Violet had glorious DSL?

Not a pedo but I'd both

>fans complained about the movie being too silly
>make the show even sillier
What did Netflix mean by this?

Shes been perfectly legal for years now. And done nude scenes, AND was in the Fappening!

According to early reviews it's just as dark as the books.

The entire fucking cast is so much worse than the film version and everything looks really cheap. I wish the film had just had a proper sequel back when everyone was still young enough.

Warburton's voice doesn't fit Snicket's writing style at all.

Malina seems like a suitable replacement for Emily, but the new costume designs are fucking garbage compared to this.

nnnggghh prime browning

The movie was actually fantastic, despite Carey taking Olaf to a far different place from the book and the rearranging of the narrative structure of the first three books to make it work for one film.

What this series needs to do is excel by being consistent in the narrative structure of the actual books (being a series of books), and by taking a tone closer to how the books are, or else it risks redundancy in comparison to the film version.

They're just going for something different. Realistic poor and frumpy instead of fantasy poor and goth.

I mean that's basically what they're doing. This season's gonna cover I believe the first 4 books, while season 2 goes up to book 9.

When is it coming out? It's already the afternoon here

But I want goth

>4th post in the thread mentions it's gonna take around 8 more hours
>post was made 1 hour ago
Hmm

i prefer the original look. but Malina will be great.

>defenestration
literally plebbit

Do we have nudes?

Everyone's going on about "muh darkness" when it's an adaption of a children's black comedy...

yes in film and fappening

I already saw the one with Jim Carrey, I'll pass

So you saw that shit film that cut down 13 books into the first 3 books and added a shit ending

Too bad the movie is terrible

No one can beat Emily

>innocent teen wearing fishnet

As much as it gets my boner up, it's pretty stupid.

>shit film
The film is fantactic though.

Sleeping Beauty was the name of her first nude appearance. She also got nude in Summer in February. And close to nude in Plush.

they went for a similar looking girl in Malina.

young dancers wear fishnets daily. it isn't unusual.

Only vid in fappening gets this close to stuff other than tits

Has a nice ass though!

>they went for a similar looking girl in Malina.

Meh. That's what you call a glib facsimile.

>young dancers wear fishnets daily. it isn't unusual.

Not that slutty type of fishnets.

Shame her fappening didnt come up with much!

Do you think her bfs ever asked her to wear the Violet outfit?

I honestly don't care about Emily's body, I just want to fuck her mouth.

totes

OH SHIT I thought it was the 17th, goddamn I need to cash in on that free first month trial of netflix.

Well theres some great pics of her mouth"

It's lewd as fuck.

>I love Peru - the people, the places, the relaxed guardianship laws...

Those lips, goddamn.

>you will never kiss her on the lips

What's wrong with her face?

Dropped. Violet inferior to True Violet.

What ass?

It's too sexual.

>score by James Newton Howard
>not Danny Elfman
DROPPED

No tits or fucking?

She's too old now, who cares?

So we get the sword-cane tooth fight this season? Fucking awesome

They NEED to cast Jude Law as Jacque Snicket next season

That scene doesn't happen in the show.

So just four episodes then? ?!? Or is it four books spread over more episodes?

I think it's either 2 episodes per book or 4 episodes per book

2 per book. 8 episodes on the first season.

Warburton is shit as snicket, nph doesn't fit as Olaf, the sets look cheap as shit

>barely halfway through book one

Welp I wouldn't be watching this anytime soon.

Tbh is for the best a less lewd Violet because I don't want to have impure thoughts about her

As long as they bring a hot as fuck Esmmé Squalor, I'm happy

user, I re-read through the first four books to get ready for the Netflix show, and I did it one a night, but it only took like 2-3 hours per book.

The first four books are very short, you could do it in a weekend if you applied yourself.

The VFD photo implies she'll be played by Cobie Smulders

Oops, that was for:

well.. was expecting someone older but she's hot and resembles Esmmé's aesthetics so it might be a good choice

m8 those are short little books for 8 year olds. They take like 20 minutes to read.

Snicket paid this guy to act as himself obviously

You fucking retard, I'm saying that the CHARACTER Lemony Snicket would never show his face to anyone. In all of his pictures in the back of the books, you never see his face directly.

Yea you FUCKING RETARD!

The CHARACTER paid this guy to be in the TV show!!!! The show is self aware.

You're the fucking retard. He's saying that it's obvious snicket in the fictional world of the show, paid him to act as him and make his public appearances so he doesn't have to. Therefore if that is true it is not going against the established character traits because it's not HIS face you fucking autist. If anything it goes with his character more and is a logical addition because now people don't even want to see his face since they think they already have.

You faggots are going to ruin this with your paedophilia, aren't you?

>but showing his face at all is against his character
How?

Fuck man where have I heard this before? I read all the books as a kid and saw the shitty Jim Carey movie but I'm sure it wasn't in that.

I hope they make a series for the prequel series

It was heavily advertised with the 13th book

12 AM PST

The books are pretty anachronistic.

Yeah alright, I just finished book one shortly after posting. I'll finish the other three over the weekend.

It's my first reading, I expected them to be more complex, but they're a pleasant, if simple, reading.