Why does this guy never flop? He's been a huge box office draw for thirty years and counting...

Why does this guy never flop? He's been a huge box office draw for thirty years and counting, how many other people can say that?

He picks good roles

Wasn't live repeat die a flop?

The jaw explains all.

It's not his jaw, it's his hair

its weird that he always does well, but i dont think he has ever been in the biggest of the year, maybe topgun?

No he hasn't, I think War of the Worlds did the best and it was something like fourth highest of the year

I can't see The Mummy remake doing well

scientology

he knows The Secret

He's a lizard person in a Tom suit.

Maybe a bit, but it shouldn't have been. I can't think of anything he's been in that wasn't at least decent... Maybe some of the MI sequels.

I like Interview with the Vampire. He's basically playing bimself.

kek protects him

In terms of Tom Cruise vehicles that flopped by Hollywood standards:

Days of Thunder
Far and Away
Eyes Wide Shut
Mission: Impossible III
Lions for Lambs
Valkyrie
Knight and Day
Oblivion
Edge of Tomorrow
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

All those movies flopped at the box office by Hollywood standards.

And plenty more. Samurai thingie, nazi thingie, sci-fi thingiex3

None of those flopped besides Jack Reacher, they weren't huge hits but they weren't flops either I think

Some of them (Oblivion) did poorly in America but picked up overseas

>Mission: Impossible III

it made a profit of $250 million

The film cost $150 million. It's not a hit to Hollywood.

Why doesn't Hollywood have more white male protagonists in their movies? Seems like a recipe for success.

bullshit. how many films released each year make a $250 million profit? it doesn't matter what it cost to make

Because he's based as fuck.

>It doesn't matter what it cost to make

Yes it does, it is their investment and they want to get something back from it. They have to give money back to investors too, people they con from french award shows into putting money into their projects. They are always looking for investors and who can blame them, things cost so much to make these days and they are strapped for cash. It also doesn't help that these favors are turned into horrible projects. Ben-Hur cost $100 million. Imagine if that went into something good or a bunch of projects. If a film makes triple its budget then it crosses the line of being a success.

Scientology pays to keep him successful and relevant and get him the good roles.

>never flop