Just finished Avatar the Last Airbender and i really enjoyed it. Don't have much free time...

Just finished Avatar the Last Airbender and i really enjoyed it. Don't have much free time, but should i invest my time in the Legend of Korra? Does Sup Forums recommend this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY
youtube.com/watch?v=zNa8Af0Y96E
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
youtube.com/watch?v=W5gGEWqO_Ag
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mate, you don't want to listen to the people of this board.

You're looking for faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY

Don't watch.
Watch anything else, just pass on Korra.

It's a huge dissapointment compared to ATLA. Season 1 had promise, but they rushed it in the end. Season 2 was absolute dogshit and kinda ruins a fair bit of the mystique if the universe. Seasons 3-4 are decent, maybe "Water" quality.

It's good, it can be retarded at times but for the most part it's enjoyable.

Korra is terrible. Korra herself is unlikable, even more so when you realized they killed Aang just so you can have a new Avatar

Literally everyone else from TLA is still alive, only Aang is dead at only fucking 70 years old

do yourself a favour and go jack off to korra instead

Korra is intended to be le strong independent woman avatar, but she just comes off as a cunt, and the rest of the characters are underwritten stand ins for atla characters. Also, it ruins tons of logic and rules set in atla. It's actually worse than shyamalan's The last shitbender

Why is he dead?

Every time the avatar dies a new one is born. Two can exist at once

*Can't
sorry

Sokka is dead too. They killed off men and let the women live.

The show doesn't work because they catered to Tumblr by making the show mostly around relationships. It's just unfortunate that it's handled so awfully, while they made it work in TLA.

In TLA, it is said that Sukko was related to the past avatar, why didn't he just tell Aang right away?

only watch season 3.

Watch season thre-- oh, it's already been said: Or ask

>they catered to Tumblr
I am in a similar situation as OP and I couldn't even make it through ep. 1 of Korra. Holy shit, tumblr's fat, sticky fingers were all over this one, you could smell it.

ATLA was so good you'll probably watch Korra regardless of what people tell you just to know how much they failed. But I recommend watching Wakfu instead.

The show wouldn't exist if Aang didn't die. Zuko is still alive and a fire bending master with a dragon!

season 1 was good, 4 was okay. 2 is the only bad one

Its not nearly as good as ATLA but its still somewhat enjoyable even though they retcon a bunch of shit from ATLA and other stuff makes straight up no sense.

>season 1 was good
>Korra spent 6 episodes playing a meaningless sport instead of training or saving the city

>season 4 was okay
>the bad guy creates a giant invulnerable bipedal mecha which doesn't make any sense in the world and only lost because she was a woman and had feelings for a guy who pussied out at the last minute

Season 3 is only good because I don't remember anything that happened.

The official story says aang died because he spent 100 years in the avatar state in the iceberg. Took a huge toll on his body.

Yeah, thou. the first 2 seasons are pretty shit.

The two of us, together again! There's nothing we can't do!

give the first season a go and see if you like it. it had nice ideas, but they're poorly executed imo.

you're better off with the live action movie

hard to recommend but I enjoyed it for sure.

S1 first couple episodes when they were more about the sport was actually kinda nice and "fun" but its hit or miss

S2 Not great and really got weird with the spirit world

S3 Personal favorite season if only for the fact that the villians are actually just other benders. It lead to some really cool fight scenes

S4 absolute worst part, but I was too invested to not watch it since it was the last part.

Side note: You may not like the "twist" at the end as there wasen't much build up and it felt shoehorned in. I didn't care as a stance, but I was kinda annoyed that there is almost 0 building or implying it

this right here

Why did Amon being a waterbender make the movement dissipate entirely? It would be like if Martin Luther King Jr was exposed as a white dude wearing black face that wouldn't make all black people realize they've been duped and they don't actually deserve rights.

Op here is the best guide to watch this

Season 1, watch the whole thing.

Season 2, only watch the two-parter that explains the origions of the avatar

Season 3, watch it all its the best

Season 4, don't watch it at all. Pretend it doesn't exist

I'd say watch the first season. Maybe the Zaheer stuff if you really, really enjoyed S1.

Not having an overarching villain was probably it's biggest downfall, and that is most prevalent in the later seasons.

I didn't mind it while I watched it, but Korra is undeniably a cunt. Skipped season 2 and the only real highlights of the show are pro bending and the villains breaking each other out of prison.

You mixed up RO and TFA friend.

Your opinions don't change logic.

So much of that makes no sense to me, it was literally the moment I mentally gave up on the show.

Amon worked so well because at the end of the day his points were not evil, but actually understandable and just. It put the whole Avatar world into a grey area morally and having Korra deal with an actual mature problem concerning justifications of terrorism and class struggle would have been really cool. But then
>nope i tricked u I had magic all along, now we fight and you suddenly learn a power to beat me and the conflict is over
So lazy and lame

This is like a constant theme of the show.

> Oh no. Amon removed bending powers of a main character!
> Whoopsie i can heal it and remove any threat he poses despite the previous Avatar having to meet with a fucking mythical being to have this ability.

Your opinions don't change facts

Some parts I disliked about it. Avatar: Last Airbender was great and easily 9/10. Korra is... probably a 7/10. It has it's entertaining parts and some cool characters but it never captures the magic you know from the first series. I don't think I ever LAUGHED.

Every season is a new villain. I'm sure you'll like one or two of them. They attempted to make them deeper and I guess there was some success but eh. I can neutrally recommend it I guess; try a little and if it hits, go on. But don't expect much.

... This is honestly among the best advice. It's good show but it's biggest contribution was rule 34.

Also, as someone said, it's really about relationship. Like... romance ones.

If last airbender is a 9/10, then Korra is a 6/10. Make your own call if that's worth watching

I masturbate to this. Is it actually good?

This sequel takes place decades after the original story. It features a reincarnation of the protagonist into a strong female. This character has been greatly criticized for being overpowered and loved by everyone she meets. Another issue with this sequel is that it drastically changes the foreseen ending of the original while also taking the original characters to places fans didn't want.

This spin off of the main series is entirely tied to the original, and turns out to not be a spin off at all. Entirely dependent on using characters and locations from the original, this movie has been poorly received for its flat characters and reliance on cgi.

I ask you to back up your opinion.

It's pretty bad, especially when compared to the original series.
There are some good aspects. Fight sequences are generally well done, and there are some neat villains with neat applications of bending. But the plot, the characters, the setting, and most everything else just fall flat.
It will almost certainly leave a bad taste in your mouth and you'll wish you didn't bother.

>make useless/kill off previous protaganist for muh passing the torch
Not once has it not worked out shittily

>I ask you to back up your opinion.

You already did it for me, Those are the correct reasons to dislike TFA.

>This spin off of the main series is entirely tied to the original, and turns out to not be a spin off at all. Entirely dependent on using characters and locations from the original, this movie has been poorly received for its flat characters and reliance on cgi.

What I will say is that the CGI excuse is BS since TFA relies on it just as much if not more, The characters did need more developing I wish there was an extended edition of some kind to rectify this.

R1 did not use anymore characters from the OT that TFA did.

TFA had Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, R2, C3P0, A Vader Mask,, another Death Star, and pretty much the whole plot of A New Hope.

R1 had Vader, Tarkin, R2, C3PO, Mothma and the Xwing Pilots.

The difference is that most of these actually fit within R1's narrative since its the same time period as the OT. TFA had no real reason for OT characters other than maybe Luke since he was the last remaining Jedi.

As for the spinoff point I personally never really felt like it was supposed to be a 'spinoff' but an in-between prequel closer to the OT time-wise.

>>Season 2, only watch the two-parter that explains the origions of the avatar

>>Season 3, watch it all its the best

these are the only two worth watching.

>That scene where P'Li gets her head fucking blown up

>>Season 2, only watch the two-parter that explains the origions of the avatar
Yeah, let's ruin mystery behind Avatar's origins by some retarded story about ancient evil.
That shit was worst part of second season.

I've only seen all of season 1 and part of future seasons.

S1 is kino, and I hear 3 is good too.

not to mention it retcons a lot of stuff

no, korra sucks

Fuck off tourists. I wouldn't have this if tumblr didn't exist.

Third one had those four benders who escaped prison.

>tfw a kid's cartoon that tackled communism, fascism, and other political themes

Delicious

>That shit was worst part of second season.
that shit retroactively ruins Avatar TLA

>not liking the story of the first avatar

Plebs.

only if you like jacking to jacked girls

>Liking a story that pretty much drags bending legacy through the mud by reducing it to it being given by turtles instead of it being an innate ability, all while introducing 'legendary' spirits that are not Tui and La. All because some asshole hobo stole some fire and freed an evil spirit.

wew

>there's nothing good in season 2
fuck off, the shows best character is introduced

youtube.com/watch?v=zNa8Af0Y96E

Seriously, the show is not that bad. It's shit compared to ATLA but still better than most western animation.

The Real AVATAR is on FX right now.

Everyone gives it shit because "muhh female protaganist" which is fair enough, but the series as a whole is pretty good. If you enjoyed OG Avatar then you'll have to watch it. It's refreshing to have some high quality animation, a bunch of new places you've never seen and just generally continuing the story

Anything that is well made and based within the Avatar 'Universe' is a must watch imo, just watch it and make up your own mind.

I kind of like the 'bending wrestling' championship thing they have going on, all the different gang type shit, revolution up rising against people with bending; has some decent (liberal) social commentary about the world nestled within it

Good watch. Avatar is a solid 10/10 than Korra is at least a 7, a good 9 in my books

Go watch Wakfu instead

Watch Keit-ai.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
EP 13: youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo

Has a rough beginning but it's worth watching for Nox alone

>20 minutes

fpbp
its shit

Fuck you

It's okay if you're 16 and don't know any better. It was really fun watching it with Sup Forums all that hype and shit, now it's just bad.
Also, Korra is a cunt.

Because he did not know it himself?

Manchildren on Sup Forums just hate her cause she's a strong womyn.

>Season 2, only watch the two-parter that explains the origions of the avatar
Fuck you, Wang is as a big cunt as Korra is.
youtube.com/watch?v=W5gGEWqO_Ag

watch Seirei no Moribito instead

She's honestly pretty insufferable.
Most of the cast is pretty shit, she's just the worst of the bunch.

If a strong womyn means the worst avatar ever then I don't mind hating her cause she's a strong womyn.

>First avatar is named Wang
>last avatar is a cunt
BRAVO BRYKE

>This sequel takes place decades after the original story.
True
>It features a reincarnation of the protagonist into a strong female.
Only Korra
>This character has been greatly criticized for being overpowered and loved by everyone she meets.
Only Force Awakens. Have you actually seen Korra?

>Another issue with this sequel is that it drastically changes the foreseen ending of the original while also taking the original characters to places fans didn't want.
Only Force Awakens, but even then its a dodgy premise.

>This spin off of the main series is entirely tied to the original, and turns out to not be a spin off at all.
Only Rogue One

Season 1 totally shoots itself in the foot by the end. It's kinda incredible how it fucks up. It also feels and plays a lot like one of those young adult novels for girls.

Season 2 was a mistake. It has some interesting scenes but ultimately fucks with the lore of the universe too much and takes away a lot of the mystery for no reason.

Season 3 is great. Best villain, Korra is less of a cunt and it actually does stakes that fucking matter.

Season 4 gets a bad rap but it does deliver on Korra' character development. Kuvira is an interesting villain for the first couple of episodes. The finale is goofy as all hell, but it's not as infuriating as the end of Season 1.

Ultimately I think it's worth soldering through.
Watch it for the sheer amount of bangable older women. Somebody on the team had a thing for cougars and went all out.

Rey isn't a strong female?
Korra isn't overpowered and gains her friends for no reason?

>only force awakens
Aang erected a gaudy statue of himself (or allowed it), 70 years later the setting has changed entirely. Avatars can now start with three elements as a toddler. Every original character split up or died in the interim.

M night could have made an avatar movie that wasn't a carbon copy, that was instead a continuation or inbetween movie. Instead he focused on one specific event from the original.

Stop watching children's cartoons

This.

This entire thread is pathetic.

Its one of like five threads that isn't blacked or pedo spam stfu

Would have been good if it started off as a full series.
It initially being a miniseries caused character problems that it simply couldn't fix

What? You didn't like Lin having the same character arc each season? And it being handled worse every time?

My nigga

Voltron feels more like ATLA than LoK ever did.

Korra is like the methadone of Avatar. After you watch Avatar it will slowly ween you off your fix without getting you high.

and theres nothing wrong with that hatred.
fuck off nu-male

It is a decent cartoon. It isn't a sequel to ATLA, it is a new thing with new characters and cameos from older ones. You have to separate the older story from this.
The animation is great, the characters are pretty likable by the end and the story, despite hitting a few bumps, is still a neat ride.

this is 100% correct