Is "electronic" music dead?

Is "electronic" music dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/889759672797757440/pu/vid/1280x720/ygEyTo6CBwvtUF2B.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

yes

maybe

>posters: 1

definitely no

>>posters: 1

electronic music peaked creativity and artistically in the 90's and 80's.
it peaked financially in the 2010's.
EDM was the death rattle as a bunch of dumb instagram sluts and dude bros listened for da drop xD

I dont know what will happen to electronic music from here. will it return to being a niche, will it go experimental again, will it fuse with another genre.

Im going to go ahead and say by 2020 EDM will be seen as an outdated relic that will be played on senior cruises of aging millennials 50 years from now

Is "guitar music" dead?

yes

Hip hop is electronic music

'ARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE

your argument is like a person showing list of guitar types Chronologically, then present decline of guitar types on 60~70s, and saying the guitar music is dead when he is livin in 80s

guitars music has also been dead since the 90s

You know i think music itself is dying.
Or at least america and the west have hit their musical creative peak.

I was looking at wiki articles about the history of music genres. and every century there were like a few monks doing chants. And the 20th century comes and its like genre overload. Like an explosion of music and ideas and art.

I think retrospective people will look back at that century as some sort of musical golden era

Electropop is the most common form of pop music currently that is not hip hop, so no.

imagine getting your opinions from how many links a decade has on wikipedia lmao

it's one of the most vital current genres and far more alive than guitar music, so no

electronic music already dipped.
It had its moment from 2011-2014

then it got replaced by trap and sound cloud rap and other nigger shit

"vital"

would you like soy with that latte

honestly the culture has split into clubs or festivals. one is for gay blacks and one is for white trash

no one considers retards attempting poetry as part of rave and electronic culture.

its like say metal and rock are the same group of people

Electronic music literally means music made electronically. Which includes hip hop.

yeah, but rap is not part of some dude waving glow sticks and getting blitzed on X while listening to DJ fuckfaceâ„¢

Irrelevant to the meaning of the term ''electronic music'' and hip hop did start as breakbeats for breakdancers at Bronx parties.

>It had its moment from 2011-2014
i would love you to explain those arbitrary dates you came up with there, they are oddly specific
>then it got replaced by trap and sound cloud rap and other nigger shit
i would file several of the most exciting productions in rap as achievements in electronic music honestly. it's more producer-oriented than it has been in the longest of times
>would you like soy with that latte
it's really nice of you to include that closing line at the end for the rest to know what kind of retard you are. got to say, you managed to go on a few phrases without showing it. bravo

You are fighting this too hard man. Electronic music and rap are separate cultures

I don't understand why anyone who considers themselves a genuine music fan would care about whatever happens to be trending with brainlets who ride every shallow wave that comes along next

Rap is a vocal style used in many genres, not a genre itself.

Hip hop is electronically produced music, thats all there is to it.

>no one considers retards attempting poetry as part of rave and electronic culture
a big part of electronic culture include rapping, or vocal techniques close to it (example, toasting)
>its like say metal and rock are the same group of people
both fall under the umbrella term of guitar-based music, comparable to "electronic", the topic at hand, which includes a shitload of different subgenres (house, techno, etc.)

wow, you are very stupid and it's painful to see you try being smart

no one is talking about trends for the sake of trends. the discussion is about the vitality of genres - if they are able to produce new sounds, if they are culturally relevant, etc.

Daniel Lopatin is one of the most influential artists of the decade

Never heard of him.

I agree with that user that there is at least a huge overlap between hip hop and electronic.

Not dead. But rather a little stagnant right now. The electronic music coming out within the last five years has felt samey.

I think a development in electronic music coming down the pipeline will be using AI algorithms to modify your vocalist's voice in different ways. That'll be interesting for a while. Also, increasingly successful attempts to create songs using only AI.

The fact that so many Sup Forumstants still use the term ''electronic music'' only tells you how far Sup Forums still is from becoming a serious music board. Europeans have long recognized that their is no similarity between all the genres lumped together except for the plug attached to some of the instruments yet Sup Forums still persists. Good music boards rank the highly different genres and their subgenres yet Sup Forums still calls them all elelctronic. Sup Forums is still blinded by rockism: it all ''sounds the same'' and the instruments have plugs (not true, by the way), therefore it must all be the same genre. Europeans grow up listening to a lot of ''electronically produced'' music of the past, other boards grow up listening to a lot of ''electronically produced'' music of the past. Sup Forumstants are often totally ignorant of the ''electronically produced'' music of the past or anything past rock, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that ''electronic'' is a genre

Musique concrete
EAI / Onkyo
Turntable / tape music
Electronic rock crossover
Ambient
Hip hop
Dub
Downtempo / Chillout
Chillwave / Vaporwave / Internet genres
Techno and many subs
House and many subs
UK Garage and many subs
Trance and many subs
Breaks and many subs
EDM
Drone
Noise
Industrial
EBM
Synthpop

anyone know this song by mace plex i think

video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/889759672797757440/pu/vid/1280x720/ygEyTo6CBwvtUF2B.mp4

trips of truth
only started lurking this board recently and this is the first thread i've seen about electronic
fug, i just can't give a shit about most of the music posted here

it's true - what on earth happened to /bleep/? this year it's just.. gone

>music started in 1910

electronic music went super nova in the 2010's, now its a dying star and shitting out shit like "marshmellow" and "the chainsmokers"

soon it will turn into a black hole

Are hip-hop's different styles considered sub-genres?