Brockhampton was the most interesting thing to happen to rap in 2017, prove me wrong

Brockhampton was the most interesting thing to happen to rap in 2017, prove me wrong

>protip: you can't

How do you delete someone else's post?

industry plants who talk about how much dick they suck
mykki blanco and cakes da killa been doing that for awhile.
fuck this industry

Why would the industry plant a group they dont make money from
Other than the Vineland show what money is there to gain

t. nu-male

Wrong

You're right. Rap was in general pretty interesting in 2017

To be honest, I actually did think that Brockhampton was more popular than Migos. Before you raise your poisoned pitchforks, allow me to explain the factors that influenced my thought, in story mode. The very first time I've heard of Migos was on a video of The Ten Worst Songs of 2013 by ADoseofBuckley. They made it onto the list because of Versace being a repetitive, vapid song, and were tied with Sage The Gemini for Gas Pedal and J. Dash for Wop (which I actually knew because Sage is from my hometown, and Wop was everywhere in Vine culture). I didn't care much for them, and disregarded their existence as just some lame novelty act. Meanwhile, in 2017, I visited a little site called RYM as I saw a cover for a guy inside a white car, with a title called Saturation 2. Judging the cover like a sin, I thought to myself that this was some Alt. Hip Hop rapper who finally got big into the mainstream after a long hiatus from Saturation (which I thought was some obscure hip hop gem released in the 2000s). People were in drives for them. Soon, when I officially started posting in September of 2017 (I only spectated and looked at threads for 5 years), I saw that face and album everywhere on the catalog, and, upon realizing that Brockhampton was a boy band, and that they had rave reviews from critics, thought that they were highly prospering and hugely successful. As such, I assumed that they were the biggest hip hop act ever; I didn't even remember Migos existed until last Friday, when their new album released. That was about 4, going on 5 years since I acknowledged Migos existed. And no, I never saw Migos anywhere. I didn't even know they made Bad and Bougee; I thought that was Run the Jewels. Not a single one of my friends even so much as mentioned them. Could you really blame me for not knowing?

Brockhampton is a thing since 2009 (they were originally called AliveSinceForever). If they are industry plants, why they blew up only in late 2017?

Doesn't know what tours are
Doesn't know what merch is
Doesn't know about social media
Doesn't know about streams
Doesn't realize the importance of pushing fags into hip hop culture.

Nice pasta

Because it wasn't their time until then. Fagbear didn't become famous until he had been in the industry for years. It happens all the time.

I > III > II

Nah I feel that you just don't like the fact that they are famous now and making shitty excuses for that.

This post is super retarded

>they're not industry plants because I said so
They fucking had a documentary on Vice the second they gained any traction. Accept that your group of "friends" is an industry created odd future for gullible hipsters.

not that guy but there's nothing wrong about industry plants.

Can you imagine shilling this hard? Here's some problems with industry plants
>sells bullshit to working musicians about "hard work" and how "anyone can make it!!! " when that's patently false
>claims to be independent when they are in fact not
>lies to the general public in order to sell a story and sell their music; taking advantage of the gullible
There is three ethical issues with industry plants.

imagine thinking a group is a industry plant because they gained traction they deserved. Putting aside this boards angry-virgin user base, none of you could get together with a group of friends and put 3 albums out in less than a year that are half as enjoyable as the Saturation series.

By no means are these albums perfect but if you just want to try and name call people that do like them, generalize the group, and call them plants because of suddenly blowing up it's easy to see you're just mad. I like them but realistically I don't see them having another year like 2017 in their existence. Appreciate what we got from them and the fact they may influence people to reach out on the web to find like-minded and ambitious people to form new bands or groups.

I couldn't get through the first Saturation to be honest.
I really don't get the appeal other than
Tony Fandingo dick riding them.

Lol he actually thinks the guys in Bh are friends ahahahah. And of course the shill or regular stan goes into a tirade about virginity because we all know how poignant that is in an argument. "Only bitter virgins think that!!!" Wow, I'm not one of those! Clearly bh are NOT industry plants. Lmao. This shit makes me sick. You literally said
>you're just mad
Your argument is so non existent you just accuse people of being virgins and mad to avoid the very obvious fact that BH are plants. Here's another point for you
>good production values despite being "amateur"

III > II > I

>Putting aside this boards angry-virgin user base, none of you could get together with a group of friends and put 3 albums out in less than a year that are half as enjoyable as the Saturation series.
Ahhh. The classic "WhY d0nT UUUU BEcoMe a mUsiciaN if it's s00000 easyyYyyy" meme.

production is a self made skill. Obviously you've never seen a project through to completion or maybe you've never even tried(which wouldn't surprise me)
You only get better at anything by doing it constantly. A person can be an amateur and still produce good quality projects. Why you mad?

Do any of you work in the music industry?
When you work for some of the bigger festival companies and do outreach and relations to book people/bands you can formulate a decent idea of where they'll be by talking to who manages them.

>you've never completed a project
>a nebulous term that again, is not related to the argument
>practice makes perfect bro!
I'm talking about the combination of
>music production QUALITY (not writing)
>vocal mixing/mastering
>ARTWORK
AND
>video production
The combination of all these factors makes it awfully fishy. That one vid that blew up with Kevin getting head in the helmet "empty" looks great production wise. Basically pro level. Hipster bait. Totally see through. Transparent. If it was one factor such as good production values, that'd be one thing, but instead we have
>unlikely story of how they got together
>high production values from the jump video wise
>well mixed and mastered vocals and beats
>well produced beats
>think pieces (which are really just propaganda) popping up every where praising Bh
>praise from celebrities
>publications shitting themselves over Bh
>Vice doc as soon as they came into the public eye
>huge tour follows
>industry connections from the jump (Tyler the creator, Steve lacy who's connected to others, and I'm sure there's more)
It just becomes overwhelming when you have all these factors at the same time. Some of them would be one thing, but that's just a lot of things that point straight towards them being industry plants.

OH shit and they're connected to MICHAEL UZOWURU who's connected to Earl, Frank fucking Ocean, and Vince staples. Connections. It's becoming a straw that broke the camels back scenario.

classic strawmans

Unfortuantely for the band Fantano gave them the midas touch which means the fanbase is wholly insufferable.

They have room to grow, they could either default and just make material in the same vein of quality or become something truly innovative outside of likeminded teenagers who have to define everything as 'banger.'

Thank you for organizing your thoughts, I'll share what I can.

-These guys didn't have all that from the jump, just look into what was actually released from them first, it's raw and has the feeling of "we're trying and learning all at once." but it was really quite shit nonetheless. Like really bad. So how do you get better? By continuing to produce, mix, taking a project or idea and continuously tweaking it, asking others for input and getting criticism. Please consider with a roster of 15 people there are 4 of them who only work on music production,mixing/mastering, and the art directives. It's not a small group of 5 who've done it -all- for themselves. From what I gather, the work they do is divided so that each member can work on what they're good at.

-Their story isn't unlikely in today's world my dude. Don't assume that couldn't be done as the internet is a massive connection tool. I mean people on this board could actually form a band if they decided to organize, and try to communicate their ideas and I think that would be great to see. I've met plenty of people who have genuine friendships with people they've met on the internet. It depends on how you are with relationships of any type. With the internet as your medium, connecting with like minded people and those with similar ambitions is easier today than ever before.

-As for "think pieces", praise from celebrities, huge tour, Vice doc, knowing Tyler,etc. This all comes from gaining any recognition. Vice picked up on Kevin when he was doing solo work. Anytime someone or a group starts to get popular famous people will have an opinion because they're in a spotlight too. They don't have to enjoy it and I'm sure as hell there are a lot of celebs that don't give two shits for the music.

This group is managed by Kelly Clancy. Christian founded 4Strikes and managed OF/Tyler, that is why they have these connections already. Tyler, Steve, etc. did not approach them.

fuck
no

>I mean people on this board could actually form a band if they decided to organize, and try to communicate their ideas and I think that would be great to see
god no. the whole collective thing is just an excuse for untalented ppl to leech off others as usual.
just admit you got on the OF bandwagon late and are hyping what you think is similar like all the other yuppies.

Saturation I is the best

I literally said form a band and your rhetoric is "admit you got on the OF bandwagon late."
A band can be 2 people, 3,4,5, maybe 6. I'd say anything more is a collective but the thing is if you think someone in your band, or collective, is a leech then you kick them out or hold them to higher standards. A roster is never permanent.

What new things did they bring to Hip-Hop
That's right none.
I like every album but its not THAT fantastic nor the best thing that happened to Hip-Hop in 2017

>t. Iffy nigga

This
I really really like their music and what they do but they have literally done nothing new or innovative. They just came in and out did odd future.
Also Matt Champion has the best bars

Sup Forums calls everything that blows up industry plants and any attempted discussion is deemed "viral marketing"

When i initially saw them on tour just after sat2, they were at a tiny club in a not so great part of Detroit, so idk how shows helps your argument here

How is the merch helping the industry? Like of yeah the group has to buy the shirts and shit but really?

Implying social media has anything to do with this

Streams, yeah ok but spotify didn't support them with anything other than allowing their music on the platform (not that hard to get a song on spotify) until after sat3 came out

Gay culture x hip hop culture, I'll give you that yeah

If they were a plant from anything, it would be from tnd maybe so he could feel special for helping a group gain popularity
Really, how many people actually listen to bh that didn't hear from tnd. I know me and a few others that have been following since the mixtape but the majority of the fame is riding off fantanos review. Also what said

damn imagine existing within this level of delusion because you're mad about the success of others