It lived up to the hype

It lived up to the hype.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0074006/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Friendly reminder that Livia did NOTHING wrong

inb4 republicucks

she gave me a milf AND gmilf fetish all at once.

Then why the fuck doesn't it have an IMDB page?

She was highly fuckable, as was Messalina.

And Caligula in that sexy ass crossdressing dance costume.

>you will never be woken up at 3am to go watch Caligula dance around with his greek theater

>hate on this as a teen because it held up the python hour on PBS
>watch Caligula become aware of Claudius's amazing story.
>Check out DVD's from library watch Claudius with an open mind, love it.
>Like it so much I read the book.
tfw no more Claudius

Tiberius did nothing wrong

>tfw no more Claudius

This is how I felt as I neared the end. Is there any other show that's comparable? I was thinking about checking out Wolf Hall.

Jack Pulman would've been a good choice to adapt Frank Herbert's Dune.

first time I saw nudity on television AND a beheading. Based PBS

IS THERE ANYONE IN ROME WHO HAS NOT SLEPT WITH MY DAUGHTER?!?!

>It wasn't worth it, was it? I could have told you that

>i, claudius will never be remade or rebooted

GOOD

it's fine the way it is

well it is but now it's being called Claudia Schiffer's Toga Party

because it does the fuck have an IMDB page, you felchfestering netstain.

imdb.com/title/tt0074006/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I tried to watch HBO's Rome but it never really grabbed me. Cleopatra was a cute though.

The (first) book is GOAT, I never knew they made a series. Is it very dated? And how us Claudis handled, since for most of the book he's basically a minor character in the action, but it's his voice as narrator makes the book so good.

i don't wish to discuss anything. have this webm instead.

It's 70's Britain soundstage quality but it has most every actor and actress of note at the time young and old.
And Claudius himself is great. Everyone looks down on him except one person and Herod.

The series covers both the books "I Claudius" and "Claudius the God" The framing device is still him writing his memoirs and he does start off as an ancillary character when he's a child but his prominence grows as the miniseries progresses. The series is old being from the 1970s but it's aged fairly well largely to having such an excellent cast including Derek Jacobi, Brian Blessed, Sian Phillips, John Hurt, Patrick Stewart (with hair!), John Rhys Davies, etc.

we watched the entire series in HS latin class nude scenes and all. i remember thinking when she put the first episode on that it was just going to be corny masterpiece theatre tier programming but it was amazing.

The second book is also terrific.

>Claudius never btfo'd the Britons with guile and elephants in the show

>HS Latin class
did you go to school in 1930s England?

>american education

Our Latin teacher skipped the nude scenes.

Thanks anons, I'm sold.

>when Serjanus is a world-class piece of shit but then you feel really bad when him and his kids die

wish Macro had died on-screen

Hey I majored in Classical Archaeology in University so I took Latin, "carpe canem" just not in highschool.