Why

why

>implying the world won't be a nuclear wasteland by 2022

Why can't women see this as patronizing lmao

Because music has gone to shit anyway, might as well remind people women make bad music too

Imagine someone picking you up for their festival just because of your race or gender. That's gotta suck deep down.

Because of the agenda they are pushing. This PC culture works wonders for governments and corporations. Gives them so many excuses to control people.

Also this

This is what they want, their egos are too big to see that what they want is ultimately hollow

>pitchfork
>le current year

This, female vanity knows no bounds. Not to say all women are like that, but the ones who are, damn.

I can't wait

thing is this isn't "equality" because the number of people in the industry isn't 50/50, so making line-ups like that is stupid

why exactly is it not possible to do it now? they need 4 years to believe female musicians exist in the same universe?

the worst thing about the modern left is they equate consummation of products with political action

Rather than improve the material conditions of the lowerclass economically they create divisive culture wars that helps capitalism divide the proles against each other rather than unite them against those who seek to exploit them.

t. kissless virgin

Here's one of those women I mentioned...

>45 states pledge gender-equal incarceration rates in state penitentiaries by 2022

>45 states pass laws requiring gender-equal workplace fatality rates by 2022

>2022 olympics to do away with gender separate competitions. Males and females to compete against each other.

Let's just go all the way with it right?

Yeah let’s just keep bitching about this bullshit in our threads on Sup Forums and hen we’ll just forget about how retarded this is in like 3 days until the next time p4k and company do something even dumber next week
Fuck you people

Holy shit that’s so fucking stupid when women dominate creative arts as it is already.
I’m a musician in Toronto who applied for NXNE but if this is what they want to do I’ll gladly protest them.

>implying the people behind these decisions give a shit
(((they))) know exactly what (((they're))) doing
women are going to be too blinded to see that this isn't equality at all

This. They embrace corporatism to such and extreme degree, without even realising it. I mean the bare being played like a fiddle, but they are too wound up to see it. They are advocating for the establishment yet they somehow think they are rebels. Its insane.

>Toronto is the first one named
Of course we are.

shhhhhhhhhhhhh

it isn't equality if it's forced
equality would be that men and women get the chance of making it into the lineup due to merit, with their gender being left out of the equation
this sort of bullshit is "taking a stand" in the most misguided of ways for some cheap applause from the "woke" politically correct public

Hello

They don’t give a shit because it’s free exposure for their crappy music.
How do you think Tegan and Sara got pushed so hard?

let's make the olympics genderless, i'm sure all the women would love it

>mrw leftists celebrate the mainstream paying lip service to their ideology (e.g. that ghostbusters fiasco) like it's a wholehearted acceptance and not just le ebin one per cent making a quick buck off them

t. thot

this. funny how liberals only care about equality when they benefit from it

They also only care when non blacks kill blacks, but not black on black murder. BLM should change their name to We Hate Police.

This has always amazed me. But everybody loses their shit if a white person says it for some reason. If some well-known black leader started really pushing this hard the community might turn on him at first but he could be remembered as a great man in the future.

Uncle Toms are the heroes of tomorrow.

Its really insane to me. I mean its like these fucks would rather virtue signal and feed their egos, than actually work to solve these issues.

Leftists are selfish, they exist to bolster themselves but are under the impression that by doing so they are helping the "oppressed" people since they see themselves as beacons of justice and righteousness.

Before Cosby's whole debacle they turned on him despite him being "America's Dad". If they'll turn on that, I don't know who would have much hope. Maaaaaybe if you got some really god-tier athlete like a Lebron James type it might be effective but even then I don't know (and I wouldn't count on that happening anyway).

Sup Forums - Music

Think about how amazing it could have been if Obama had just said it sometime in his second term when he didn't care about re-election.

Of course, he never would but it could have possibly been a turning point in history if he had.

>taking the time to link to everyone in this thread
>>>/autism/

Hey newfriend, guess you don't know Sup Forums has infested all boards.

who gives a fuck. all of those lineups are trash
let the women in

CURRENT YEAR

Oh yeah i mean they're all shit these days. Its just the politics behind it is vapid bullshit. If they did it without making a big song and dance no one would notice.

and the reports of sexual harassment and abuse just went WAAAAAY up leading to a complete shutdown of any music festivals.

>fakes being a tranny to get a concert slot
your move libtards

Let me guess, someone had a dick. Not doing anything to anyone, just having a dick. Damn microaggressors.

>mandatory gender ratios dictated by corporations in north america and all of western europe
>internet accessible only by logging into your google windowface™ account with unauthorized use punishable by up to 25 years in prison, in north america and all of western europe
>blacklists for people expressing deviant behaviour (read: not immersing in consumerist culture, not abiding to or downright criticizing the social status quo, etc.) in north america and all of western europe
>mandatory circumcision for all newborns in north america and all of western europe
>taxes for oxygen and water consumption, in north america and all of western europe
>countries that don't abide to the above rules like china, russia, eastern europe etc. are called fascist states with mass media calling for military action against them, in north america and western europe

Im saving this.

>tfw straight white male
Thinking about faking being a tranny tbqh.

Look, ladies, there's no need for this "I AM WOMYN, HEAR ME ROAR!" bullshit. All you have to do is fess up, say you're sorry, and move on.
Now come sit on my lap so I can hear you moan.

You don't even have to actually do anything. Just behave like you normally do but anytime it will benefit you just say you're transgender.

And if they question you just call them a bigot for trying to dictate how you express your gender.

I know. I'm not going to behave like a faggot. Everyone is so afraid of being a bigot so people will just accept it.

Just get a token bird in your band on backing vox or keyboard or some shit

Everyone's making this into some cultural relativism bullshit, but not noticing that this is the opportunity for lesser known but still quality musicians to be able to make their mark. Fact of the matter is that females, even when making good music, won't get the love their male counterparts will. Joanna Newsom has done far more innovative shit with folk than Mark Kozelkek but is not as popular as Kozelkek's work. Julia Holter has done far more with artsy fartsy pop than a male equivalent like Bon Iver who does the same boring sound that other guys in that style do, but the latter is more popular. Laurel Halo and Kelly Lee Owens made far more interesting "idm" than the overly sparse, repetitive bore of Arca and Actress last year, yet the latter got more attention. We can keep this going, Janelle Monae compared to other alternative RnB peers is another good one for example. But point is there that newer female musicians, even when they are bringing new ideas, just don't have the popularity of their male counterparts. Something like this can bring those ideas to the forefront.

Shut up

>Joanna Newsom has done far more innovative shit with folk than Mark Kozelkek but is not as popular as Kozelkek's work.
maybe if SHE PUT HER ALBUMS ON STREAMING SERVICES PPL COULD HEAR HER

its pure identity politics

>you should have more women musics

instead of

>you should have more good music

Just face the facts. Men have more reason to specialize in something whether it be computer programming or music

You're just arguing the fact that good artists should be more popular. Which is generally true but has nothing to do with gender.

Problem is for each female artist you mentioned there's like 15 insipid ones that get attention simply for the fact they're female and not because they make interesting music.

idiot

>Just face the facts. Men have more reason to specialize in something whether it be computer programming or music
This would make more sense from a societal perspective ages ago, not today.
But it's especially true when it comes to female musicians. Female musicians, even when talented, haven't ever gotten the respect of their male counterparts. And I am talking actual artists, not teeny bopper Taylor Swift shit.
This is unfortunately true and I would hope such an opportunity is not wasted as a result.

music future look so bright, you'll never get another lou reed, mark e smith, forget it