ITT: Unpopular opinions

ITT: Unpopular opinions

Deftones (self-titled) album is the best work so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=46EOGUO-OrU
youtube.com/watch?v=wmJjBa36rGA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mgmt made one good album

Go fuck yourself.

Every MGMT album is a GOOD ALBUM.

Their best album.

Facelift>Dirt

It was basically a better then average Foo Fighters record

One great, (congratulations) two good (LDA and OS)

Not their best, but really fucking good. I will never understand the hate.

I'll bite. What's so bad about it? I could understand if you just said you didn't like it, but comparing it to For Fighters is spectacularly ridiculous.

I'd put Gore in their top 5.

i actually share the same sentiment op

i just love the groove and heaviness on this release ...

also Battle Axe

youtube.com/watch?v=46EOGUO-OrU

Bloody Cape IS A MONSTER.

this, probably my favorite deftones album. Its just so consistent and honestly has no bad songs, which i cant say the same for most deftones albums

This is objectively true, though, OP.

Okay, can't argue with this one being unpopular. Also, delete this.

Nevermind is better and more consistent than In Utero by a lot. It was the most polished and has their catchiest songs.

Also, this is probably a popular opinion world-wide, but on this board, it seems not so much:
>Bleach is absolute trash.

whats the bad song on around the fur?

Now Now by Clarence Clarity is an aesthetically and artistically significant landmark in human achievement and mirrors the role Finnegans Wake plays in the field of literature, right down to its cyclical, infinite form
I fully and genuinely believe this

Nah its a great album and is pretty different from everything else currently but its not going to be remembered in 20+ yeard

I think this sounds really tired. The first 3 tracks are great but the rest seems empty and unhappy like they were just forcing out a shit. Name one interesting track other than Doomed User or anything that compares to their previous record.

rickets

ha, no

Red Hot Chili Peppers is one of the most fucking obnoxious and terrible bands in American history. Anthony Kiedis is one of the worst vocalists of all time, and the musicianship coming from any of the other members on the band's records is totally tarnished by the yelping of a perpetually-stuck-in-the-90s dudebro

you got killer trips there man

FUCKING THIS

>but its not going to be remembered in 20+ yeard
Au contraire, the methodology behind its production and composition borders on what I consider the logical conclusion of music, particularly music created with digital technology. Absolute disregard for standards, givens, genre, era, etc. It's not quite fully there because he still maintains a few arbitrary restrictions on the music (genre generally sticks to R&B and pop, verse-chorus structure, 4/4 as the go-to time signature...) but its going to eventually influence the Finnegans Wake of music.
Music exploded at every level of analysis and the pieces played with however the creator sees fit.

Rubicon

title track

Not your guy, but I always thought the title track sucked dick.

Red hot Chili Peppers aren't BAD, but they're way oversold and forced down everyone's throats as if they are some kind of competent bad when truth is they're just a bunch of incompetent clowns.

You are talking shit.

I agree

C'mon, its good, but compare it to Poltergeist or Combat, it's got nothing.

lol no

Phantom is gold.

>creates a thread about unpopular opinions
>everyone agrees with op

holy shit THATS what he looks like now?

I wonder why they never realeased this in the album
youtube.com/watch?v=wmJjBa36rGA

An opinion so popular it became unpopular: This is actually their best album.

Didn't know this existed. Thanks nigga

i agree with both of you but it's more for my own personal nostalgia's sake and it's hard for me to make any objective argument. still, these are the two albums i enjoy the most from both bands.

tfw we will never put our hands in EROS.

The opener is one of their most hard hitting tracks, in terms of emotional delivery, but nothing will compare to the sheer, lush, dreamy sonicscapes of White Pony. I could settle for having both tie in #1, swiftly followed by Around The Fur.

I don't even like the band that much.

6ix9ine is NOT the king of Sup Forums

What are other bands like White Pony-era Deftones? (that aren't/weren't nu-metal)

I agree. rubicon is great. The best track on an otherwise, mediocre album

There isn't

aren't

Saturday night wrist, and Koi no yokan are also dreamy albums by Deftones

>other bands

Real unpopular opinion. Best Deftones album right here. Mein, Rapture, and Pink Cellphone leave something to be desired, sure. not the best tracks right there. But every other track? Great.

Cryptograms is Deerhunter's worst album.

This is the best one in my opinion.

niggas on the moon is the best Death Grips album by a mile, followed by the debut EP, and then Government Plates
To Pimp a Butterfly was fantastic because of the production, and DAMN proves that Kendrick is nothing special without it
90% of songs with guitar would be better off with something else in its place

Tront >>>> Trent

what?

My opinion > your opinion