What was your favorite movie of the year?

What was your favorite movie of the year?

Pic related, this deserves Best Picture

Is it kino though?

Boring characters. Stylistic beats were unnecessary, like a low budget Hype Williams music video. It wasn't bad, but it was pretty worthless as a story.

Fuck off, whitey

If every black person left America today all of our problems would be instantly gone.

HOW DARE YOU. Unless you're black then solid criticism.

Everyone's irony aside, I really loved this film.

The end of the first story where Little confronts Juan and asks him if he sells drugs, and Juan is trembling to answer left me crying.

>The end of the first story where Little confronts Juan and asks him if he sells drugs, and Juan is trembling to answer left me crying
what a disappointment you must be.

>The end of the first story where Little confronts Juan and asks him if he sells drugs, and Juan is trembling to answer left me crying.

fucking pathetic, end your life

From what ive seen (which isnt too much), Rogue One. call me what you will. star wars is life. Hell or High Water 2nd, VVitch 3rd.

>black protaganist
>underclass family
>becomes a drug dealer
>is gay

Precious 2.0 2bh

>Precious 2.0: Special Snowflake Boogaloo

this movie is only for faggots, fuck that

is this the current year's Whiplash? pleb magnet reddit trash? seems so

The biggest problem facing America today is a white man named Donald.

no

i hope La La Land wins.

But my moty is Elle

>The biggest problem facing America today is a white man named Donald.
Why's that?

It's always telling how shit taste Sup Forums has when it obsesses over the conceit of the script and not the execution of the film itself

It's because at best Sup Forums has Intro to Film-tier knowledge and at worst loves the Star Wars prequels

>not the execution of the film itself
But the execution was nothing special. Structure has been done before even as recently as Place Beyond the Pines. Saturated colors are nothing special either. I don't remember anything about the editing that was special either. Literally the only interesting shot was the crack whore mom screaming with all the sound drowned out.

>cinematography is the only worthwhile part of a film

not him, but imho a film can only truly be great if it has strong cinematography.

Well the cinematography was nothing special, and the script even less so. If anything the weak story is propped up by the cinematography. What else is there? The performances? Literally everyone who's not Little Black Cherub is third rate.

dude gay niggers so progressive lmao

It's literally that too. I thought they would go a route with father figures taking advantage of young blacks and turning them into dangerous figures (superpredators) but they really just made a boring coming of age story about a black fag.