What the fuck is up with this movie? Everyone gives it high ratings when in reality it was a steaming pile of shit

What the fuck is up with this movie? Everyone gives it high ratings when in reality it was a steaming pile of shit.

I kept waiting for it to make some sense and it never did, what the fuck was up with that ending? All three of them were evil? And I was trying to take it seriously but they kept pulling such hilarious shit throughout the movie, especially the transformation at the end, what the fuck.

you are right, it's boring shit

It's azn, of course it's great

Uh it was heavily biblical.
Supposed to be about faith and man's failings-- the girl represents God or some shit, queue some passage in the bible about how God throws the first stone or some fuck and how that's the only indication of his presence, his failure to trust in her was a monumental moment and shows just how hard a bargain God drives

Regardless of how tough the stakes you're supposed to pay attention and maintain faith, etc etc

God damnit, leave it to the asians to take white man's fairy tales about a virgin prostitute and turn it into this shit.

>god throws the first stone

Yeah that's why she was chucking rocks when he was chilling outside of the crime scene. It's a biblical reference. There's a fuckton of em.

Pretty hard film to appreciate if you don't catch it all.

>Everyone gives it high ratings when in reality it was a steaming pile of shit.

One of the lead actors is named Kwak. What did you expect?

I bet if those stupid backwards racist reviewers found out it was all based on white christian references they would take back their ratings and give this movie the 5.5/10 it deserves.

Just watched this film last night. Glad I wasn't the only one confused by the last scene. I liked the movie and the light-hearted moments go well with the dark shifts. The transformation of the Japanese guy at the end was important to me because it showed that he was a demon, because you where never quite sure. What I don't get is who the fuck the woman in white was and how the Mudang ties into it. If all three where in on it, what did they win? They all lied but I don't really understand why.

Watch it again, this time pay attention.

Fuck, I've been trying to pick a movie for an hour, I doubt I'm rewatched it tonight. Is it worth a rewatch? I did enjoy watching the movie, but even raised with a religious family, it never occured to me that a Korean movie would be based on the Bible.

Yes it make's more sense a second time round.

fuck off

girl is a friendly ghost, possibly a first victim, dad is merely nervous, shaman's first instinct was right, in the last instance he was merely scared, the jap is the true devil

also, you have to know a bit of korean mythology to get it I guess.

Stop making this thread, faggot. The Wailing is horror kino. If you disagree, kys.

the demon transformation was too much for me, loved the subtlety before that it should have been this till the end

>white man's fairy tales
>christianity

What about the zombie? Come on man the movie had supernatural elements through-out but the Devil scene was too far?

>what the fuck was up with that ending? All three of them were evil?
>muh good vs evil dichotomy
Maybe it was like, I don't know, making you question who you put your faith into? Do you really need the film to spell it out for you? It's funny when capeshitters try to watch a film that is way out of their depth, only to say "I didn't get it therefore it's shit". Read book for once, you fucking pleb.

watched it the other night finally. there was no problem with it making sense, everything was spelled out pretty clearly at the end. it was over-rated though. would never of gotten such great reviews if it weren't korean and directed by the guy that did the chaser (another over-rated korean film). still solid and one of the better films I've seen this year, just not as good as everyone made it out to be. now I just need to see the handmaiden. something tells me that's the real koreankino that came out this year.

>>muh good vs evil dichotomy

Basically this. This film will make little sense if you try to group every character into "good guys and bad guys." The premise, and with it the suspense, is based entirely on forcing the viewer to go back and forth on character allegiances, with the ending opening and confirming the possibility of varying alignments.

Yepp except the shaman is actually on the demon's side

I enjoyed the atmosphere but the zombie part was really unnecessary and killed the mood. That le twist especially, what I think is the Jap cast a spell on the shaman and was controlling him (when, I don't remember) and the girl was good but acting weird all along. Also I didn't understand the throwing stones scenes, probably some cultural shit us Westerners don't get.
And that dumb cop should've photographed the shed with all pictures and evidence, what a fucking doofus.

Remember that scene when he's playing with coins and looks out the window? That's when he's on the demon's side because the ritual was aborted by the dad and the shaman said if something goes it might backfire.

*goes wrong

The transformation was the best thing about the whole film. The film is a bit weird in that it keeps trying to throw you off the scent but overall it was really good imo. There's quite a few biblical references that make the whole thing a bit better if you understand them.

Yeah, the shaman was good at first but after the ritual got cancelled he became possessed basically.

trueee, I thought that his ritual was trying to destroy the female spirit cos you see her and the jap both in pain but it's ambiguous as to who's causing it

It's a movie made for koreans, not for a western audience. It's that simple

Wow, good job Billy, you managed to catch on all the obvious religious references. And that's what makes a movie good, right? References.
Fuck off. Tone deaf, shitty acted, convoluted and ultimaly non-sensical. I bet a lot was lost to editing too.

You're a retard