AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Remind me - why do people like Nolan's movies?
Apart from the opening scene in TDKR, he hasn't directed anything good.

Moment I walked out of the theater

really makes you ponder

it's necessary

They're plebkino.

She looks like a thirteen year old boy

really gets the neurons fired up, bravo nolan

can you explain what is wrong with it without resorting to the word reddit or other buzzwords?

He's an underage faggot that can't really interpret his own emotions very well and a person speaking passionately about a strong emotion probably makes him very uncomfortable so instead of deal with that pain he covers it up with mockery and nonstop memeing. This is just the type of person that exists now, society created this.

reddit pleb cuck bluepill capeshit dullest franchise tumblr nu-male normie Jew flick

I love this movie, but fuck, these parts ruin it so much it hurts in my soul.

I don't get what's wrongwith this honestly.

I like this movie, but those parts, talking about love as if it was something so trustworthy as to convince them to disregard actual facts was very stupid. And what's worse, the movie justified it at the end. In the end it was ''disregard science, and trust love because it is a major force'', pfff.

It literally just doesn't make sense

>Transcends the dimensions of time and space

What. How. Why.

Even the dudes in the movie were like what the fuck is up with her in that part.

His movies have the best memes. The meme potential of interstellar was largely squandered, but it had quality memes nonetheless.

I want Anne to be my cat.

>he didn't get an instant erection after that scene
Betas

RUINED the movie for me
Can't even rewatch it now
Had potential to be great if that Lena Dunham shit was removed

Because love can't transcend space and time.

They didn't take her seriously because she's too qt!

It's stupid if you have a materialistic world view and that love is just chemicals in the brain.

However if you believe that there is a soul? something more to a human than his body then there's more meaning to that line.

Buzzword is a buzzword you fucking asshole

t. Loveless virgin

If you can perceive love over time and space you can probably also perceive anger, hate, sadness, lust and etc

It's just a stupid throw-away line to make the movie seem more intelligent

Why does your point that other emotions can connect people through time and space take anything away from it?

This entire movie was fucking atrocious

I had to leave about two-thirds of the way in because the borderline insane sound balancing that frequently switches between the most inaudible mumbled whispering and ear-shattering imax "epic" music was just too insufferable for me to sit through

>Love is the """"""""""""one"""""""""""" thing

Huh

Does that mean hate is too?

It means you can love someone even if that person is lightyears away in space or even in another dimension. Which is true, but impossible for the most autistic of autists to understand.

>Le baneposting xD
Kill yourself

>do people hate other people after they're dead
Definitely no. But people definitely keep love sentiments to people they like! People make visits at the cemetery long after they're dead and etc.

What about hate?
Same shit applies to any feeling according to your logic.

>love is THE ONE THING that transcends time and space
>except for literally every other emotion, how does that take away from what she says????

You're genuinely retarded.

She specifically says love is the one thing, singular
If it's not, if other emotions can transcend time and space, then the line is meaningless, it takes everything away from it. You might as well say a craving for mac and cheese is the one thing that transcends time and space.
Hell what about that one guy who wanged his head and forgot how to love his kids and wife, there was an episode of one of those freakshow type programs about him a while ago, if love isn't just a neurochemical function where does that leave him? Did he accidentally knock all the spirit energy out of his ears?

Nobody seems to get that love isn't the magic solution in the movie. Love is the character's explanation and motivation for what is happening but isn't the force that fixes everything.
It's pretty literal that's it's some magic 4D time-travelling future human shit that happens.

Having an emotional hook saves it from being another autistic sci-fi. You may not like the emotional hook but it's what grounds it. While watching the film I barely noticed the whole dialogue because thematically it made sense that they would have to go beyond science to solve their problem.

It's a movie, an artistic endeavor, it's never going to be a hard science based fiction.

>do people hate other people after they're dead
>No

Yeah I don't think anyone on the planet hates Hitler or a terrorist that killed their family because they would both be dead. I mean as soon as the person is gone everyone just goes into a total zen mode about it.

Yeah the ONE AND ONLY part is a stretch. It's probably like that because Nolan's movies were accused of being too cold and clinical, so he overdid it trying to shut those critics up.

>Nobody seems to get that love isn't the magic solution in the movie.
Agreed.

If the movie was about survival mostly, it would've been perfect. But adding the love theme made it unpredictable.

My biggest gripe with the movie was how out of place this scene felt. She hasn't been built up to be this romantic minded dumbass at all, then she drops this line. It was stupid.

I completely checked out of this movie when Farm dad starts fistfighting evil Matt Damon on Hoth

the reflection in her glasses is messing with me. is there someone in front of her? because she seems to be unaware for someone to be taking a photo in front of her.

>love is a measurable field across a vacuum and not just brain chemicals that incentivise mating

Because it was a "THE POWER OF LOVE" Deus ex machina shoehorned into the end of what was suposed a scientifically acurate movie. Nolan couldn't simply find a way to put them inside that black hole and once inside be able to solve everything without admiting that it was just imposible to obtain a victory, so created an artificial happy ending because he had to.

Our feelings have very little relationship with natural laws, e.x: tumblrinas claiming they are women with dicks.

>love is a measurable field across a vacuum and not just brain chemicals that incentivise mating

Its important in the human factor, but nothing else, if artists kept themselves in their field this would have never happened.

Yes, damn papparazi.

Hopefully she won't be bothered with me but I just can't resist posting her pics, she's just so qt and deliciously wet

its not about the concept of love being offensive in a scifi, it was just not well written

still a good drama though

i always want to puke if humans celebrate love as something higher than it is, good example is the fifth element, god damn you fucking morons.

I'm going to post it again
>be Anne Hathaway's character, whoever
>super smart physicist trained by your dad your entire life who is the smartest man still alive on Earth
>figuratively literally the brains of the mission that is the last possible attempt to save the entire species from certain and total death
>arrive at planet inexplicably located right next to a giant black hole
>Hmm this looks risky but what do I know, I'm just the pilot and MC Ride over here hasn't got any ideas either, science woman can you think of any reason why we shouldn't go down to this planet that is somehow well within the immense gravity well of this supermassive black hole?
>Nope
>OK well if you're sure
>Yeah it'll be fine chill out
>OOPS my bad I FORGOT how relativity works and only remembered once we already landed
>I FORGOT absolutely basic physics 101
>OOPS well I guess this is a good way to advance the plot that needs us to skip a couple of decades
>for though guys my bad that one is on me
>mfw I see someone defend a movie with a script this fucking poor
>they think they aren't the absolute fucking epitome of a pleb
>they're so dumb that they have become incapable of perceiving their own stupidity and so think themselves smart

FAT

...is this really in the film?

MEMEnto is nice

because that's the point where the genre switches from sci-fi to fantasy

>It's stupid if you have a materialistic world view and that love is just chemicals in the brain.

oh if you say it's stupid then it obviously must be

fuck off

Did they spent 6 months awake in the spaceship? Did they fugg her pussy??

Wtf she only has half an ass?

Interestellar doesn't stand the judgement of time.

It really is a mediocre movie.

His last few movies including TDKR have made me like his earlier movies less that I really enjoyed.

I rewatch The Dark Knight now and see things that I hate about his movies.

>ascended transdimensional humanity from the far future wishes to save themselves by sending a message to the past
>but they can only do it in the most circuituous, obtuse, indirect way possible
>literally making a guy send morse code to his daughter in the past with a watch

Why? Even if they are somehow barred from this dimension, they are still obviously able to do shit here, and they must be nigh-omnipotent to accomplish the crap they do in the movie. If you have complete mastery of physics and able to open wormholes, create pocket dimensions, manipulate gravity, mess with your shit throught time, sending a fucking message shouldn't be that much of a hassle.

I love you, user.

Can you feel it over there?

It's blockbuster. What are you expecting?

man, Spiderman 3 really got into some really weird territory

I saw it on dvd, and I regret not watching in on theaters every time Sup Forums talks about it.

I don't understand how people care SO much about the plot in THIS movie, when the visuals is the fucking obvious selling point of THIS movie.

LOVE Sup Forums
LOVE

That scene made me cringe hard.

>the concept of love didnt even exist until the middle ages with chivalry and knighthood
>transcends time and space

oh wow bravo nolan bravo

I hope yall niggas dont find this shit attractive. She has no ass.

REDPILL, BLUEPILL
MORPHEUS ORPHEUS
SHE SELLS SEA SHELLS BY THE SEA SHORPHEUS

>muh social construtivism

kys

oh shit my sides

Its kinda true though. Its why science isn't able to explain things like soul mates yet.

>90% of the world are like this now
>makes you wonder cooper if he should of just cut and run

>soul mates
It's simple. It's the same explanation for unicorns.

Are you autistic? He didn't say that. What the fuck?

the chemicals in my brain trust the chemicals that tell they are chemicals

>this thread

Tiny little asses are the best. I love spanking my hard dick on a meager pale buttcheek.

Also, shape and form of the buttcheek >> size.

>The concept of time didn't even exist until the first solar watch
>Transcends space

oh wow bravo science

How do you explain things like love at first sight, soul mates, or astrological signs have such a big influence on love then?

>Love is the one things we're capable of perceiving that transcends the dimensions of time

That really are shilling out pedo shit hard now

>astrological signs

>believing love is nothing more than chemicals in the brain is fedora
This reminds me of the Hitchhiking Guide, where they use contrived methods to achieve technology. It was exactly what they used in this movie, a machine fueled by love that happens to look like a black hole. It's also a time machine. By comparison, Douglas Adams used the dispute people have with the prices when the check arrives to fuel FTL. Both are equally valid from a physical point of view and they both belong in a comedy movie.

they are good, and you all just have memetaste

Then Cooper ignores her for being a stupid bitch by saying that right after she got Doyle killed

why didn't he stay?

Perfect. I love you.

And came back with a trench coat and a shutgun

If you think 'love' is how he travelled into her bookcase then you must be pretty fucking stupid

How did this bitch dare to call herself a scientist?

Fuck no, I'm usual againts typical Sup Forums autism, but that line was amazingly out of place. They were in unknown star system. Struggling to save mankind. And the best thing she could propose is some love nonsense. That's like if guys from Alien would've discussed an opportunity to tame xenomorph with a power of friendship.

I thought I was the only one who had this problem

Im not sure what you are trying to say? concept of time is older than concept of love, as is time itself

fifth element at least was a campy adventure movie in space. It did not market itself as based on solid science

It is a mess. The dustbowl future idea, while an interesting high-level concept, is extremely clumsily executed and just creates narrative problems. The meeting with NASA is contrived and inconsistent with the rest of the movie up to that point, it's a sudden jarring tonal shift and doesn't seem satisfying or plausible. Then we get this whole "love" deal, and then the rest of the movie is filler until we get the black hole resolution. Also the emotional scenes and overwrought to the point where they lose all impact. I could go on but I have to get ready for work

Preach brother

it baffles the mind since it would have been easy to write a situation where they have to do a flyby to pick up a prob, there is a malfunction (maybe a planet specific anomaly that doomed the first team) They are dragged lower causing them to lose time, till they can fix the problem. That way its just bad luck instead of supposedly good character being a retard

because love does not exist, it is just a chemical reaction inside the brain due to hormones and what not, and that is strictly confined within the brain and is not, in any form, an actual physical factor in the universe - at the same time this scene might use love as a euphemism for god -- nonetheless, the movie is retardedly pathetic since it features a cliché and autistic father-daughter relationship that is minimally explored and features some of the most outrageous deus ex machina in recent history