Has your taste in music influenced your aesthetic choices at all?

Has your taste in music influenced your aesthetic choices at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cyT82Ke04ZM
youtu.be/0G7PE1MkhYw
youtube.com/watch?v=fudsUhWAG_o
youtu.be/sh8PZ9nUTdE
youtube.com/watch?v=inXDOSZ83RA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, I listened to Death Grips once, now I'm black, naked and homeless.

Funny because when I listened to them I became a white skinny teenager

No I dressed like a slacker before mac demarco got big
I'm tired of people asking if I like mac demarco, like his music is okay but he's not some great inspiration to me, he's just "a goof ball" who makes indie pop and dresses like a slacker

I got into wearing plain black clothes(because of obviously who) and has never felt better. I now have a stack of 7 copies of the same t shirt and jeans.

yep. I'm starting to dress like Chino Moreno circa 2003-2006. Specifically the skater socks, and trucker hat.

you sound like a loser

i like tyler the creator, and he overall inspired me to be more outgoing and comfortable honestly

i used to dress all black all the time with the occasional gray but nowadays i like to mix colors and wear hats, i fucking love hats

you just PWNED that guy

Why
I'm 21 what's rong with dressing like a slacker

well i only wear metal band tshirts so i guess it has

It works the other way around, mate. People adopt a music genre as a personality and dress in a uniform to get that across.
All personalities are amalgamations of adopted aspects of culture, but some are more mundane than others; metalhead, etc.

if you change the way you dress because of what music you listen to you are shallow and have no personality of your own

Dress like this almost all the time, except I have different colors for the jacket lmao.

Tyler also kinda inspired me to war 5 panels

fuck i forgot to upload the file

wearing all black is not a style though

>If you communicate your interests via your mode of dress so that people with similar interests can identify you then you are properly utilising fashion and are therefore shallow !
Mate, preference in music is tied to cultural preferences that include aesthetics and so on. If you dress based on an autistic over analysis of music based on confusing preference with appreciation of said music then sure, you're a retard, but dressing the way you want to dress is just not being a fucking loser.

when did i say loser?

if you see your favorite artist wearing a jacket and you buy the same exact one chances are you are a loser though.

yes I adopted the daniel johnston aesthetic of being a shut-in slob who wears clothes bought a decade ago by my mom.

You need to get the fuck over yourself. If you like a jacket then get it, no one is going to come over and scream "that's the jacket Trent Reznor wore on stage in Pittsburgh! Wow such a tryhard lmao !"
What levels of insane insecurity are you on? Just wear whatever you want while bearing in mind how to dress well so you have a positive physical appearance which leads to positive mental health.

No, in fact the way I dress and the music I listen to couldn't be more different. I listen to wild, layered, maximal music but dress very modestly and in earth tones, kind of militaristic-like. Slim chinos, tall black boots, tucked long-sleeve shirts with the sleeves bunched up, stuff like that
Pic isn't me btw

I look like the Beatles on sgt peppers so yes

implying people are doing this purely because they like the clothing and not because of the person wearing it

why

using your clothes as an advertisement for your personality is a clear sign that you're a boring and uninteresting turd

i exclusively wear champion shorts and hanes t-shirts with basketball shoes

my fav artist is cocteau twins btw

most people here must be under 20 years old to not understand this

I'm not joking, I exclusively wear black jeans and usually a colored t shirt of some sort. Nobody has figured this out yet, but I get fashion compliments often.

Yes I listen to a lot of 70's prog and just hard rock in general and I Ike the style of hair and clothed from the 70's

I get all my fashion ideas from reddit malefashionadvice and my favorite artist is Circle Takes the Square

You're taking
>Does music influence the way you dress
And crying about hero worship. Music and hero worship aren't the same topic. Don't correlate people emulating people with people dressing based on their interests.
Learn to read mate, is what I'm saying. Stop dressing badly in fear of being judged by people who dress badly.

When I started getting into folk music in high school I started wearing boots, flannel and a canvas trucker jacket. Then I realized how that made me look like a tool so I stopped wearing them. Then I realized caring about whether or not I looked like a tool made me even more of a tool so now I occasionally wear them when I feel like it.

Maybe when I was in high school but now I just wear sweatpants because they offer the comfort of pajamas but you can wear them in public without looking like you live in a trailer live on food stamps

youtu.be/cyT82Ke04ZM
>0:49
>this thread

It's time that they both made a comeback. Nobody has really rocked the striped socks in a while. Not anyone that I've seen where I live. The trucker hat, I bought one 2 years ago. I was the only person rocking one. Just how I like it. Last year, my friend who works for Rode microphones, gave me a hat, and it's a trucker cap. I rock them whenever I go out. Hats and socks are just accessories though. I'm not actually gonna change my shirts and pants style. Neat story, huh?

tfw sheep

Those socks have been 'in' for years now. Skateboard aesthetics are massive right now - supreme and trasher are huge brands right now.
Vetements, an avantgarde fashion company who do collab with everyone (most recently DHL), made shoes with Reebok that are just socks like those with rubber soles.
Weird to not know that those socks are trendy as fuck.

Well, aint nobody rocking it where I'm at, so we're good

i'm sick of tired of seeing this retards in every crack and corner of nyc, coming into neighborhoods and deleting anything interesting or genuine about it by smothering the life out of any business that doesn't fit their aesthetic and forcing all the existing shops and landlords to cater to these fucking sycophants. its the reason, as someone who grew up in brooklyn, i avoid the northern half of the borough altogether.

Well basing current fashion trends on what your mom wears while she changes your diaper isn't exactly a fair sample size.

I dressed like these guys about a five years ago, now I just wear umbro jumpers (basically kinda sport brand tops) and skinnys. Am I going forwards or backwards?

AT THE DRIVE IN! POST-HARDCORE!!!!!!!!!!

>Those socks have been 'in' for years now
>caring about what's "in"
Trends are the training wheels of fashion, except more embarrassing

I'm in the suburbs of massachusetts, my guy. 45 minutes away from Boiston

You were 5 years behind Tokyo fashion 5 years ago and you're 5 years behind Tokyo fashion again now. You are dressing like every 18 year old in the West (except umbro aren't cool, fila, champion and Nike are).

the ironic part about kids like these is that they will deny they even listen to mac demarco to deflect looking like followers, they'll just shrug and ramble off a bunch of other shit they listen to, a lot of which will be bandcamp shit their college friends made.

t. somebody who went to a college full of these kids

Umbro, puma and fila more like. Much better

>If I ignore the discussion and make a random, retarded remark I'll look so cool!
Learn to read my man

Just having a laugh my man, but there's always a good chance that you just aren't going through the cool places or whatever. I only really see people dressed like that at art scene parties.

I saw that ty segall had a bunch of shitty stick'n'pokes and I started giving myself a bunch of shitty stick'n'pokes

i used to dress in neutral greys

but now that i've found mu, i wear

>all black everything
>all black everything

Of course not (me on the right).

you're a legend

this pasta right?

>teenagers and early 20s are now dressing like I did when I was a kid in the 90s.
weird, but not entirely complaining, I guess it's funny.

yes

Makes a lot more sense when you consider that nostalgia reaches back some 30-25 years, and with a generational shift there's also that decade shift being very visible. 80's fashion was the basis for most fashion a while ago, now it's shifting to the 90's.

No, I wear thrift store clothes and walmart shoes. Fashion is for idiots.

i'd say so yea

youtu.be/0G7PE1MkhYw

youtube.com/watch?v=fudsUhWAG_o

>If you identify with your clothes you're boring
That's honestly something only a dull fuck would say.

T. owned a band shirt once and it was a gift

You're underage and vacuous, that's all there is to it.

youtu.be/sh8PZ9nUTdE

youtube.com/watch?v=inXDOSZ83RA

Yeah, when possible I like to go for a psychedelic/glam rock aesthetic (without looking too flower child or just plain weird).

I don't see many other guys trying to do the same thing and apparently it suits me because I'm pretty androgynous and have long hair.

Basically I try to look as Hedi-era SLP as possible on a thrift-shop budget.

not really I'm poor af and rarely spend money on clothes except for band t shirts so only in that way

i doubt anyone would guess I listen to the shit I do and doesn't help that i work exclusively with normies

>Insults others when proven wrong
>While simultaneously calling them underage
Yikes!

post fit

if anything I guess i dress as an emo kid from the 90s but not even trying

this
>made it 2 da top

>proven wrong
wew kid

odd but i like your taste bro

Not really. Anime and band t-shirts are the only thing I'm going for since they're the only unique part of my wardrobe and I prefer to compliment that shit with a jacket.

It's pretty standard, but weirdly enough the people I've met with "out of the norm" fashion styles (Gus Dapperton-like haircuts, black outfits and tattoos) are the most boring human beings imaginable.

This is the Patrician aesthetic. user, you're golden.

they must really enjoy OF