youtube.com/watch?v=rCTlz-oR-oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cGE6y2qp5wg
youtube.com/watch?v=lKQH09hbCss
youtube.com/watch?v=s-YUVl57SH8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>modern punk
>good
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pic related was the last real Punk album.

I guess I'm fucked.

After the fall

IDLES - Brutalism

Anxiety (UK) - Anxiety
Dope Body - Natural History

Jesus lmao alright mate

Idles, Turnstile, Daitro, Firewalker, Gouge Away, PINTS, Title Fight (first two albums)

Just named the first bands that came into my head. There’s loads out there.

No, you absolute idiot. American Idiot is a Punk Rock masterpiece through and through; it takes the political nature that formed within 70s-80s Punk and combined it with Alternative Rock, Art Rock and Pop Punk. The entire album relies on a conceptual idea (the utter banality of modern society under the corruption of office) that is demonstrated via the main character's struggles with suburbia, anguish and depression caused by his own family. Each track thematically represents the contrast between political turmoil and personal conflict, such as the melancholy of reality in Boulevard of Broken Dreams and the isolationism from the cruelty of life in Wake Me Up When September Ends, to the bluntness and utter disgust of government corruption in Holiday and American Idiot. This takes the listener on an epic journey through societal hell, unprecedented in Punk since perhaps Zen Arcade. Not only that, but musically, the album is Green Day's most ambitious work yet. Jesus of Suburbia separates itself via its multiple instrument changes and shifts, like a puzzle seemingly connecting into one, then shattering abruptly by the end. And plus, the aesthetical choice to include black, a shroud of bleakness and desolation, and red, for riled fury, seeps through such an artistic record.

Also, none of the albums you like are even as ambitious or as visionary as American Idiot; you clearly missed the point and are a terrible plebeian. They simply don't employ such a prescient narrative, and suffer from emotional shallowness. The punk spirit is there, but it just doesn't challenge anything as much as Green Day did, and achieved, as this record. There will never be a true Punk album as epic as American Idiot. And no, this is not bait at all. You're just ignorant.

Pissed Jeans are p good as well

Prince Daddy and the Hyena

>are there any good punk bands
no

*Pop punk
Way different.

youtu.be/eJyOpDFEp6A

This album was recorded in 8 days and is objectively the best punk album of the decade

>26 minutes
>"Album"

*Pop punk. Your shitpost will not alter it

>Shitposting greentexing
>"Logical argument"

the chats
I like Green Day and think American idiot was their last album that had at least a few good songs in it, but your a retard their mainstream pop punk doing absolutely nothing new

Loooooooooooooooooool fuuuuuuaarkin hell

puredisgustdc.bandcamp.com/album/pure-disgust
krimewatch.bandcamp.com/album/demo

American Idiot spoonfeeds most of its concepts, which is why the main audience is a) huge and b) mostly quite young.
It was a good album when I was a teenager, and it still bangs. But it’s not that deep.
Boulevard of Broken Dreams? Cmon. We all loved it when we were 14. It’s corny.
Jesus of Suburbia is a cool song and maybe it’ll be remembered as a great pop song.

“Art rock”
Cmon. Cmon.

I can’t believe I’m even bothering to continue typing but ten seconds of listening to Daitro or Gouge Away blows apart any pre-conceived notion of “emotional shallowness”, which says nothing of how silly a gauge “emotion” is for the quality of punk music.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Koz0jaS0Ec

your welcome

This is one of my favourites, OP. The Aus punk scene is great.

This x1000
it's really fucking good

fidlar first album. 2nd is crap. he got sober

Bump

Imagine writing this many words about such a mediocre album. Punk by nature is supposed to be abrasive and uncomfortable to digest politically. If it's embraced by the masses musically and socially then you haven't even ticked the first box.

agree

op, try this

Australia has some great stuff

Os Mutantes
Gold Class
Amyl & The Sniffers

>Punk by nature is supposed to be abrasive and uncomfortable to digest politically.
And this album wasn't? It might have been widely successful, mostly attributed to Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Wake Me Up When September Ends (two of the most subtle songs on the album), but American Idiot was literally the bane of every conservative's existence when it released. It was released during the advent of the War on Terror, after 9/11, and heavily called out Bush on his beliefs. Hell, many Punk bands of the past were heavily liberal, anti-establishment and against conservatism. It wasn't until recently, with the overwhelming hatred of Donald Trump that liberalism became the norm; it was still quite rebellious during Green Day making the record.

whores, the new unsane album, the new gerogerigegege album, jay reatard, ty seagull, etc makes better punk music than fucking greenday

greenday fucking suck, always have

don't trash dookie and nimrod those albums were solid, the rest range from mediocre to shit

My favorite pasta

Nice meme

lol shit thread

youtu.be/jo1POLhE450

Total Abuse, Gay Kiss, Cadaver Dog, Hoax, a bunch more that I can't think of atm. Do not listen to fags who ignore hardcore punk.

More of a post punk band but I love em. Do you like Raspberry Bulbs?

also acrylics

Green Day is a mediocre pop punk band that made a mediocre alternative rock album. Talking about Bush doesn't make it punk

Turnstile

youtube.com/watch?v=MDRUwlqa6N0

You mean Ausmuteants, their name is a pun on the other band

Punk music thrived in political turmoil, which American Idiot did perfectly. And I wouldn't call an album with Jesus of Suburbia, Give Me Novocaine and Homecoming generic Alternative Rock.

Seconded

listen to aussie music ya cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=iB6LFJgGAA4
youtube.com/watch?v=AVaVMzSkU-U
youtube.com/watch?v=ylIp6FR0K-g&t=846s
youtube.com/watch?v=D0Cz2-04nfc
youtube.com/watch?v=ldBhDmvWFXE

Listen to Interpol. Amazing band. Very somber sounds. The garden is a good punk/ techno/ alt band. Electric guest is also another good one. Pop punk

>punk

>No Chats.

Shit list.

fpbp

fucken get on my level

youtube.com/watch?v=aW2DwnebpO8
youtube.com/watch?v=yx5zyxbvSjs
youtube.com/watch?v=_tUiJgkhJr4
youtube.com/watch?v=WdoX9MoImfA
youtube.com/watch?v=43Ti5J0T-Xo
youtube.com/watch?v=yVGJb7nn13Y
youtube.com/watch?v=4xMZzTei0tE
youtube.com/watch?v=9wE5i4chtos

NIGGAS IFFY UHHH

Dawn of Humans-Slurping at the Cosmos Spine
The most original hardcore punk in the past few years

youtube.com/watch?v=Am8ThAQU0s8
youtube.com/watch?v=qNwWzBXIycQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rCTlz-oR-oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cGE6y2qp5wg
youtube.com/watch?v=lKQH09hbCss

thats just like, your opinion man

The Chats should be essential to modern Aussie Rock

Also check out Lumpy and the Dumpers

t. friendlyjordies poster

what the fuck is a friendly jordies

giant dicks
in OP's ass

youtube.com/watch?v=s-YUVl57SH8

Saw Henry Rollins of all people at an Ausmuteants show on the weekend, they're Rollins approved