Eastern Europe is catching up, slowly but surely. In our lifetimes...

Eastern Europe is catching up, slowly but surely. In our lifetimes, we might see them prosper and even become more powerful than the Western Europe.

The Slavic menace is real. Brace yourselves, western cucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

spectator.sme.sk/c/20616150/slovakia-pledges-to-host-60-more-relocated-refugees.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Uhv_VSJmOx4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nah we will just all move west

>Eastern Europe is catching up
>average wage in Slovenia is the same like in the previous year, while in Czechia it is even lower

There is a glass ceiling we will never break, as long as our economies are not innovative, but just sources of cheap workforce for western Europe. That's called the middle income trap.

>In our lifetimes, we might see them prosper and even become more powerful than the Western Europe.

All Eastern European countries are suffering severe brain drain and low birth rates.

Economy in western europe is grown just little slower than in the east and the west has a huge lead. Eastern europe won't be catching for many decades if trend keeps pretty much similar

We also suffer from 2 million Ukrainian immigrants who flooded our country.

Czech republic lost in 2015 114718805 billion euro in dividends.

>that Slovakia
what the fuck? Why?

Btw, even if our wages are already as high as in the west, we won't be able to say that we have caught up with them, because we need to take into account the years when our wages were much lower, so we accumulated much less wealth than western Europeans did (and it was spent on infrastructure mostly).

That's the reason, why living standards in Greece or Portugal are still higher than in Eastern Europe, even though our salaries:prices/GDP per capita (especially PPP) are already higher than in these countries. But still, they managed to accumulate much more in infrastructure they built in the 80s/90s, when they were way ahead of us.

They have a lot of car factories. Automotive industry is a profitable business, wages are relatively high, even for the simple workers.

Also, Bratislava is basically a satellite town of Vienna, a lot of Slovaks work in Austria and live in Slovakia, so it raises their wages.

>114718805 billion
yea I went stupid there not billion

we are supposed to be richest EE by 2025

But the average wage dropped very significantly between 2016 and 2017, which is why I'm surprised, especially that their gdp keeps growing.

I want to see pepik butthurt when it happens. Especially those pepiks, who advocated dissolution of Czechoslovakia because:

>hurr durr, we don't want to feed these poor Slovaks anymore!

It's fucking wikipedia, man, these average wage numbers can be edited by everyone, I know that Hungarians change numbers for Romania and Slovakia to lower (Poles do the same for Russia).

we may pay a price for it though, our PM keeps sucking EU dick, we accepted 40 refugees now

>poortugal getting poorer
wage != gdp ppp
We have the 3rd highest wage in eastern Europe, but we have fairly high taxes and things cost more which means lower gdp ppp.
Also this

>tfw it was 1000 in 2013
thank you P*Tin

wikipedia autism battles, lmao it happens in lot of articles regarding kingdom of hungary, Slovaks changing names of cities to Slovak ones and Huns to Hungarian ones

I gues these GDP/capita gives some idea but not the whole story.
My gf is Latvian and she earned 1000€ working as a marketing and communications manager. And there it was a great wage
Here she earns like 5500€ + bonuses I'm not even sure how much. Ofc not the exact same job

Lol, it wasn't.

Well well we have little golden age here in 2015 we grew 4,3 but in reality we grew 5,3 same thing happened this year 2017 they predicted 2,7 in reality now it is 3,4.
Bonus our ministry planed in 2016 negative budget guess what at the end we had surplus of 2% of our GDP.
And our wages grew by 5% but because it is not enough for employees it did speed to 8 %.

With 2013 rate it actually was

wow, I thought V4 is adamant in this matter

I don't think the refugee question has anything to do with your growth, desu, you grew when you were against the quotas too.

Actually it was around >30000 rubles with exchange rate 1$ - 32 rub

840 is still not 1000.

Russia was never richer than Poland. The world would collapse otherwise.

spectator.sme.sk/c/20616150/slovakia-pledges-to-host-60-more-relocated-refugees.html

>Russia was never richer than Poland
KEK'D

> that it is not a new commitment but a voluntarily adopted one from the past.

That's ok, I guess. I wish we had such a reasonable government like yours, not the bunch of populists we have now.

>I know that Hungarians change numbers for Romania and Slovakia to lower (Poles do the same for Russia)
source?

When was it richer then?

KC experiences.

>Bonus our ministry planed in 2016 negative budget guess what at the end we had surplus of 2% of our GDP.

That's not anything to be proud of. It means, that a road was not built or some buildings were not renovated, because your ministry couldn't plan your budget properly. Basically, it means, that the government took money from people in taxes, but wasn't competent enough to spend them.

Having an unplanned budget surplus is not good at all, in contrary to what people usually believe.

friendly reminder

throught it's history since muscovy to 1917 and from 1991 to 2008

our east is Ukraine tier but our west is really rich

Life in Finland is more expensive than in Latvia, though.

lol, we're talking about wealth per capita, not nominal wealth

Russians were always poorer than Poles. Especially in the 1990s, when Russia was stuck in a permanent depression, while Poland was growing rapidly.

what's that supposed to be?

Good for them.

Leadership by France, Germany etc only brought us refugees and """"banking""" crisis.

See this map for further details.

Light Blue -Neo EU
Dark Blue- Non EU countries who are still European
Red- Non-European countries who will be resettled by Southern Euros and Slavics.

>since muscovy to 1917
lol'd
>from 1991 to 2008
doubtful, source please

It's gross wages I guess.

Taxes in Poland are insanely high.

Forgot pic.

>Ukraine tier

You don't seem to realize what "Ukraine tier" really means.

Not that much due to euro it used to be a lot cheaper.
Like grocery are almost the same. Alcohol is cheaper that's about it that comes to mind which is notably cheaper. Otherwise more or less the same price level.

Eastern Europeans in power will be even worse for Portugal.

portugal is quite litteraly eastern europe tier
must run in the family

>Like grocery are almost the same.

wow, Latvia must be expensive as fuck then

but I checked it and seems that you're right

Heh that happened because we grew more than we believed not a fault of ministry that economy is doing so good plus half of surplus was euro money actually but shh.
End of story is look at our GDP to debt and at Poland and Slovak ones your growth is fueled by debt above 50 % whilst we at 37% managed to decrease it from 44%.

I like how Germans always complain how little they earn comparing to other western countries, but they forget to mention how low their prices are, so their purchasing power is insanely high.

That's how they rule the EU.

Yeah they fell for the euro meme.

Any change in management is good.

Portugal sold EVERYTHING we had to the EU.

Fishing, farming, industry, you name it. Everything that made us autonomous, they killed.

We're a Service and tourism based country now.

I am Portuguese

>Portugal sold EVERYTHING we had to the EU.

That's what happened everywhere in Eastern Europe too. Just unlike in Portugal, Germans kept the production going on in EE countries (they're located closer to Germany than Portugal and people are more hard-working probably), but under German brands and the profits go straight to German pockets.

there there user
da
eu sunt italian

Your growth is fueled by sucking the German cock :^)

But beware, now Poland got the American cock to suck, we will see whose cock is stronger soon!

Plus they got us in the Euro. Prices DOUBLED here. Not even joking. Bread double. Coffee doubled. Ask any Portuguese.

I'd much rather be in a union with Easter Europe and send the rest of Western Europe to shit if we ACTUALLY cooperate which other, not how the EU is.

desu the idea of the euro isn't bad in itself but the economies are simply too different
too much too soon

>Ask any Portuguese.

protip: asking common people about economy doesn't give good results, they tend to exaggerate problems and forget about advantages

Eastern Europe can't give you anything, because we don't produce anything on our own. Everything here is owned by westerners.

Btw, the biggest supermarket chain in Poland is Portuguese-owned (Jeronimo Martins). But it's already deeply rooted in Polish culture and collective consciousness, so everyone think it's Polish (they operate under a Polish brand "Biedronka" here).

I know.

But it was great for France and Germany.

Tell me advantages of the Euro. Because it had a crisis if I remember.

If I tell you some things about Portugal, you wouldn't believe it.

Honestly, the best we can hope for is the West fucking up and stooping to our level, not the other way around.

>Lowest wage in Europe while having most fertile soil and somewhat decent industrial capacity
Slava ukraini!!!11

>Btw, the biggest supermarket chain in Poland is Portuguese-owned (Jeronimo Martins).

That dude doesn't even pay its taxes here. He moved it to the Netherlands. We see 0 (zero) of that.

what's the ukrainian football song they're like
>huilu putin
and some 90s eurodance background i've been trying to find it

Geroyam Slava!

>Tell me advantages of the Euro

1. You don't need to exchange your currency every time when going abroad (and lose a little money on the spread between buy/sell prices)
2. Your economy is more attractive for foreign investments (because the investors don't need to change their money and they don't have to deal with the floating exchange rate they have to take into account in their budgets in other countries)
3. You have lower interest rates (especially loans)
4. You don't have to deal with the rate going down every time your country is in a crisis (for instance, in 2007 1 EUR was worth about 3,5 PLN, now it's 4,2 PLN and in 2009 it was almost 5 PLN)
5. Your country is perceived as more stable, civilized and European
6. More tourists from the Eurozone countries want to come to your country

Don't care honestly, as I'll keep living off of social security for the rest of my life. Right now I'm planning on buying a new gaming computer, which will take me anywhere between 3 and 5 months to raise the money for. It still beats the 40 hour work week though.

ukraine started really good too
its economy was 3 times bigger than poland's at the beginning but now it's so behind it's not even funny
was it russiautism?

>If I tell you some things about Portugal, you wouldn't believe it.

What do you mean?

old rusty soviet industry is not important nowadays

they sell quite a lot of Portuguese food, though, it's imported from Portugal and Poles like it

>its economy was 3 times bigger than poland's at the beginning

lel it wasn't, Ukraine was slightly richer than Poland in 1990, but not that much

Portugal is slavic I tell you.

Just listen to this Slavic bros. What does it sound ?

youtube.com/watch?v=Uhv_VSJmOx4

Great Polish accent

portuguese is slavic latin
romanian is latin slavic
da?
it does remind me of polish tho

AKA Euro masks how shit your country actually is and allows you to take irresponsible denbts

sounds like dutch and slav

sounds pshpshpsh, so pretty much like Polish

why are you so butthurt about Slovakia, are you one of these pepiks:

>1. You don't need to exchange your currency every time when going abroad (and lose a little money on the spread between buy/sell prices)

That's great! Except nobody goes abroad here, it's to expensive. Unless you count Spain.

>2. Your economy is more attractive for foreign investments (because the investors don't need to change their money and they don't have to deal with the floating exchange rate they have to take into account in their budgets in other countries)

Doesn't mean anything. Portugal was being bought by the Chinese before the Euro and still is. Our power and water, it's no longer Portuguese.

>3. You have lower interest rates (especially loans)

Doesn't mean shit, we're shit status since 2008 and will forever remain so.

>4. You don't have to deal with the rate going down every time your country is in a crisis

What does that matter if the consequences are still felt anyways ?

>5. Your country is perceived as more stable, civilized and European

Norway and Switzerland are both out of the EU, and the Euro.

> Anonymous 08/15/17(Tue)20:51:47 No.78355423▶
(You)
>Tell me advantages of the Euro

1. You don't need to exchange your currency every time when going abroad (and lose a little money on the spread between buy/sell prices)
2. Your economy is more attractive for foreign investments (because the investors don't need to change their money and they don't have to deal with the floating exchange rate they have to take into account in their budgets in other countries)
3. You have lower interest rates (especially loans)
4. You don't have to deal with the rate going down every time your country is in a crisis (for instance, in 2007 1 EUR was worth about 3,5 PLN, now it's 4,2 PLN and in 2009 it was almost 5 PLN)
5. Your country is perceived as more stable, civilized and European
6. More tourists from the Eurozone countries want to come to your country

I'll give you this one.

true, when I heard Portuguese tourists on the train talking I thought they were Slavs first.

This has literally nothing to do with Slovakia. Euro is okay for Slovakia since their economy is reasonably similar to Germany for which Euro is tailored. It is still a potential deathtrap since you give up control of your currency and you can see how well that turned out for the Greeks. Also, if you are in the Euro club, it seems they can demand money from you to pay for other countries dailings like the aforementioned.

>hurr durr doesn't mean anything just because it's shit

That's not a real argument. Sure, euro has its flaws too, but we can't say that it doesn't have any advantages. A lot of countries are doing very well with the euro (like aforementioned Slovakia or Estonia).

What the fuck happened with my post.

> Slovakia since their economy is reasonably similar to Germany

lol, was it supposed to be a sacrasm?

Autism

Prices have skyrocketed in Estonia since they joined euro, but wages have been stagnant. Purchasing power have lowered since the prices rise more than the wages

Euro is benefiting only Germany

Guess what Slovakia's number 1 export is, Wojciech

>They have a lot of car factories. Automotive industry is a profitable business, wages are relatively high, even for the simple workers.
not for long
fuck cagers.

is he flipping us off or giving a thumbs up?

It's a mockery of our Royal Family, Duarte Pio.

The dude is kinda... special.

habsburg spain special or just weird?

>pic related was made by ukrainians during soviet time, it's the biggest airplane ever made

what went wrong ivan ?

ur dum

lol, what does it have to do? Slovakian economy is based on assembling cars for little money, German economy is based on INVENTING these cars for big money, that's a crucial difference.

>Prices have skyrocketed in Estonia since they joined euro,

They skyrocketed when you started to buy cheap booze in Estonia en masse. And you did, because you didn't have to change currency every time while coming to Estonia.

It's usefulness is greatly overshadowed by it's production, operational and maintenance costs.
If such fuckhuge planes were profitable/useful they would be made by others. But now it's just cheaper to rent the single one that exists the one time within a century you actually need one.

>And you did, because you didn't have to change currency every time while coming to Estonia
Are you still living in the 90s just pay with the card or go to ATM. Bank takes 1% exchange rate

We've bought booze from Estonia since soviet times. Now the alcohol prices are almost that high it's not really worth it going there
Everything was a lot cheaper when they used EEK

Germans own the cars made in Slovakia. So while Slovaks make comparably little for "just" assembling them, they are still based on the same industry.

They sure as fuck aren't a southern shithole whose MO was to borrow money and dissolve the interest through inflation.

So? The effect is the same.

you'r right but the point is they are capable of making these things, why can't they have a country that function properly and is not poor as hell.

>Eastern Europe is catching up, slowly but surely