Why do all pundits, spee and media seem so sure that one of the Manchester clubs will win the title...

Why do all pundits, spee and media seem so sure that one of the Manchester clubs will win the title? Calling it a two horse race already and so on.

Chelsea are the best shot in my opinion. 3 points behind those teams despite playing harder fixtures. Ironically they lost against their easiest opponent on paper but it was a bit of a freak game and quite clearly anomalous.

10 pts from Spurs, Everton, Leicester (away) and Arsenal is a good return. Meanwhile the Manchester clubs are only one win better off despite playing easier sides. United looked comfortable in their first free games but dropped points in their first tough test of the season. City thrashed Liverpool but have had easy games otherwise and only scraped past Bournemouth with refball.

All three sides have played Everton at home, all after Everton played in the EL in midweek. City struggled and drew, United won convincingly in the end but looked very worried up until the 83rd minute when Everton then capitulated, and Chelsea had the game won comfortably inside half an hour meaning they could play in third gear for the next hour.

Plus the Chelsea have won 2 of the last 3 titles, plus they have Kante who has won the last 2, plus they have Azzar, plus they have Gonde. Seems mad to rule them out like most people already have. Drawing 0-0 against Arsenal who played at their absolute best while Chelsea played very poorly is the sort of result eventual champions get. They look solid as fuck after the Burnley anomaly.

How do I upvote?

Give him a (You).

t. increasingly nervous dabchester poonited customer

Just genius

That's what pisses me off about the premier league. It's extremely competitive and unpredictable, but yet it's always about the manchesters, Chelsea, and arsenal. Now Tottenham is in the mix. I really think this years race is between man city, Tottenham and Chelsea, but in the premier league you never know. Huddersfield is above arsenal. For some reason all the pundits think it's all about Manchester United, but there not even half the team they were under Fergie. I'd be surprised if they finished top 4

Mouyes has won the league in the second season for every club he has managed. He spends the first year building, figuring shit out, wins in the second (and then implodes in the third season).

United and City both have very solid squad depth. United has made significant improvements in their problem areas with their summer signings (unable to bully shit teams, no reliable Carrick replacement, Mhiki and Pogba have started performing, etc). So far, Mouyes have been utilizing players a lot better than last year.

City's defense and lack of quality keeper could fuck them, but they have great attacking options.

Chelsea's dressing room is last stage terminal cancer.

They've reinforced over the summer better than the other clubs.
>Chelsea
Their squad isn't good enough to handle european and domestic competitions. Bakayoko is a Monaco meme work in progress and the only good signing has been Zappacosta.
>Liverpool
A joke and a meme. They're riding off the early season highs and will inevitably taper off in the second half of the season because Klopp is a retard who thinks every game should be "muh heavy metal fast paced gegenpressing". Also, they will lose Coutinho next season since they're bringing in a Bundes meme.
>Arsenal
What more needs to be said? They're a stale joke and it's sad and hilarious to see Wonga drive the club to the ground. Sanchez no longer gives a fuck and will also leave first thing next season. Or maybe he will be desperate enough to leave this January window.
>Spurs
A non-factor and an overrated meme of system babbies who statpad against the shitters and choke when it matters. They also lost Walker and replaced him with (kek) Trippier.

United got the (true) best striker in the league in Lukaku and he's already began to deliver as well as Matic and City reinforced heavily with Walker, Mendy, B. Silva and will do well in challenging for the title.

Bakayoko was great when he came on today and has looked impressive in his other appearances so far, so I dunno what you're on about. Not saying he will ever be near as good as Essien here but he does remind me of him in terms of playstyle.

Zappacosta the only good signing? He played a few shaky minutes at Leicester and scored a cross against Azerbaijani farmers. Have you even been watching Chelsea this season?

I don't know if this is bait but are you insane? Spurs are struggling badly right from the start and Man United have been brilliant. It's between Man City and Man United with Chelsea having a decent shot as well. Spurs, Liverpool, and Arsenal will be fighting for 4th.

shakemyheadyoko is the next yaya toure

>the only good signing has been Zappacosta
Have you even watched the matches? Morata's been pretty good.

Sup Forums flip flops between Liverpool, Chelsea and City winning it all depending on who wins on the weekend.

Heard some right bullshit in these last few weeks lol

anyone saying liverpool are going to win it is shitposting

>Man United have been brilliant
Really? Come on now. They have had easy fixtures. Their first actual potential banana skin of the season away to Stoke saw them drop points. Against Everton they were pretty poor and I think even the most delusional United fans would admit that was not a 4-0 game. Everton looked the more likely up until Mhkitaryan scored and then they just gave up. OT was getting anxious and Neville in commentary was very critical of Utd's performance. Chelsea beat Everton without breaking a sweat on the other hand.

United have been good, sure, but they haven't played a top side yet and struggled against Stoke and most of Everton. Can't see how that is deserving of "brilliant".

I don't know after that Arsenal win things were getting pretty crazy

We we're just waiting for them to take Gueye off and replace him with an attacker, after that the goals flooded in

This is the most inaccurate blatantly false post i have read this year. Kill yourself, amerilardo.

Nobody cares of your mickey mouse league who can't win an UCL

I just just want good footy with upsets and resulting memes.

Tottenham winning the league would seal all that.

>Lukaku better than Aguero or Jesus
kek

KEK

K - E - K

>tottenham winning the league
>every home game is every small team player/UCL opponents childhood dream of playing in muh wembley

Top kek, no.

Spurs are pretty good, their problem is Wembley. They couldn't possibly have timed this worse. This is their best team in almost 30 years. But they've completely abandoned their biggest advantage, White Hart Lane, and it's absurdly tiny field which maximized their narrow, high-pressing playstyle.

Trippier and Walker were getting equal playing time in the second half of last season when Spurs were annihilating teams left and right. And they didn't replace Walker with Trippier, they replaced him with Aurier, who is a good player but a complete idiot (called his coach a faggot on camera, assaulted a cop), which is how Spurs were able to get him at all.

>Tottenham winning the league
Not going to happen at Wembley.

*and its absurdly tiny field

The black calling the kettle a pot

>Azerbaijani farmers
nice

I feel that at the moment it's obviously both Manchester clubs and Chelsea.

Of the three I still think Chelsea has one leg up on the rest, but it could go either way depending on form.

You're forgetting Chelsea's squad is shit and won't be able to cope with europe

last 2 years spurs have struggled early and picked up form later

>it's extremely competitive and unpredictable
Kek how? Everybody knows who's going to win and place top 6 before the ball is even kicked

Mercenaries like those at Chelsea lose desire after a title win

The mercenaries at United and City are more hungry for groly

Arsenal will win it

i've been saying this. chelsea are still the favorites. they're built for winning the prem. chelsea aren't going to do well in the ucl though.
manchester teams will have to fight it out for 2nd.

Let's all conveniently forget Chelsea's current squad """depth""".

Lelverpool will never win the league

What other teams can pull off the quality of Fabregas, Rudiger, Christiansen, Willian, and Zappacosta off the bench? Chelsea have the best quality of depth in the league

>harder fixtures

It's /ouryear/ la.

United have Martial/Rashford, Herrera, Young, Carrick, loads of CBs and motherfucking Fellaini. Also, Zlatan soon.

None of them are great, but they have their uses. They have an extremely versitaile bench.

baka yoko is a meme player, he's not good enough on the ball to be in a double pivot with kunta kante. they brought in fucking Drinky for depth who is not good enough. losing matic was just dumb.

I agree that United has solid depth as well, but none of those players are of the championship caliber that Chelsea possess besides Zlatan. Martial and Rashford are promising talents, but not proven yet. City on the other hand have shit depth in defense and center mid.

The only decent team City have beaten is Liverpool, and Liverpool were well in the game until Mane got sent off.

>best depth in the league
If chelsea pick up more than one injury at once they dont have anyone half decent to pick up the slack, united have a few really good backups and a load of great backups, and like every player that gets called up from the u23's plays like they're in their prime for some reason, city have about a billion backups so they're fine

that's why I said "quality of depth". I'm not commenting on sheer number of bodies, but who can come off the bench

also
>Chelsea and injuries
never happens. Chelsea medical is god tier and a level above every single team in Europe. They probably dope.

which team is least likely to make stupid mistakes?: chelsea.
and i'm not even a chelsea fan. conte will have it all sorted out.
you can't win a title with rashford and martial up front. you can't win a title with stones an otamendi in the back. chelsea is a lock. why aren't people seeing this.

Go re-watch the Chelsea game. Arsenal nearly pumped them 3-0.

ARSENAL.

United are the genuine article this season, they don't have any excuses. They'll win something.

Arsenal actually did pump them 3-0 last season and Chelsea still went on to win the title.

plus, chelsea lost the best striker in the premier league. or at least it seems they're going to sell him to atletico madrid.

It really is between United and City though.

City
United
Spurs
Chelsea

Top 4

how would they do in the knockout stages of the UCL tho?

Anomalous is legion

City have a better bench desu

Chelsea
United or City
Arsenal

Because Liverpool are in Europe and Spurs are in Wembley.

Chelsea? You've got to be kidding.

Loserpool have a better chance of winning this season.

Top 5:
1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Liverpool
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs

Arsenal will be in god mode starting next week.

This is liverpool's year

Drinkwater is a good signing. Leicester meme aside, he's proven in a 2-man midfield with Kante and you could argue he's Fabregas but with more stats allocated to defending rather than long balls.

Morata is a good signing. 3 goals and 2 assists in 4 and a half games, all with his head and all without Chelsea's best creative player (Hazard) on the pitch. Signing Zappacosta means even better crossing service for Morata. At Torino, Belotti benefitted from such crosses and Morata was second to Belotti in headed goals last season despite being on the bench more.

Rudiger is a good signing. He's already outclassed Cahill and has been Chelsea's best defender so far this season. Conpared to Cahill, he's been better on the ball, better in 1v1s, faster, can cross, better composure, etc.

Caballero is a worthy backup keeper. Will be useful for penalty shootouts in cup games given how he saved pens from Falcao, Neymar and Hazard last season.

the state of this post

Thanks in big part to this man~

American/spic Chelsea fans are so cringe

> Drinkwater is a good signing. Leicester meme aside, he's proven in a 2-man midfield with Kante and you could argue he's Fabregas but with more stats allocated to defending rather than long balls.
Jesus christ please kill yourself if you believe anything you wrote.

>no mention of Bakayoko
>Drinkwater is a defensive Fabregas
>Cahill is good
>Big Willy
oh please

To be relegated? Yeah, you could be right...

Martial has made a significant contribution, all of them off the bench. Rashford has had his best games when coming on as a sub too. And we could laugh all we want about their back options, but they have a lot of decent players to use in an emergency, more so than Chelsea. Chelsea's first choice subs might be better, but 2-3 injuries, and they are fucked. United can (and will) have a ton of injuries, but they'll be okay.

One of their great strengths is the versatility of their back-ups. Darmian can play any back. Blind can be LB, LWB, CB and DM. Mata can be a 10 and a winger. Fellaini can be a CM, CAM and some sort of hoofball forward. While Martial and Rashford are arguably better as center forwards, they can perform on the wings. And let's not forget that Smalling and Rojo did pretty well last season, in terms of not conceding goals.

Chelsea doesn't have the depth to win the EPL while playing in cups and europe. If they drop out of the cups early they might be able to win.

United at strong and balanced with more depth then the other top teams, but they still have scoring issues. Ya they've scored a bunch late this year, but they are still wasteful the majority of the game. I'm not convinced they'll keep scoring all season.

City's defense is a meme. Pep is a meme. But holy shit their offense is good. They can score 3+ every game from here on out and no one would be shocked. If pep doesn't invent some crazy formation half way through the year, I think its City's year.

>Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal....um no.

>It's going to be a City wins every game 4-3 season

Gonna be entertaining at least.

>no mention of Bakayoko
Sorry famalam, forgot.
>Drinkwater is a defensive Fabregas
He literally is. Just look at the connection between him and Vardy - it's very similar to Fabregas-Costa. Not only that, but he doesn't get overrun anywhere near as easily as Fabregas when there's pressure on him. Has far more energy and tackles in him, and can cover ground better.
>Cahill is good
Where did I say that? Aussie reading comprehension strikes again.

What part of it was wrong? I'm not saying Drinkwater is close to Fabregas in the creative department - just that he's very similar in playstyle, only with much more defensive abilities and workrate.

If you want a better description, how about Fabregas Lite + defending, that's basically the best you can describe Drinkwater.