Visceral, complex, colorful all at the same time. Are there any other works that can be considered all three?

Visceral, complex, colorful all at the same time. Are there any other works that can be considered all three?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lT-erSACh4I
youtube.com/watch?v=eUjXLETFniE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Great Misdirect

More like
Boring, emotionless, robotic.
Boring fucking album with nothing redeeming to it besides maybe the first couple minutes of white walls.

Cardiac - Sing to God
youtube.com/watch?v=lT-erSACh4I

It's preposterous the amount of layering and callbacks they put in this album, and that guitar solo is a beauty.

This is pretty neat. Thanks guys.
Nah, in fact I love how much emotion the album brings in thanks to the variety of timbre, dynamics, but most importantly, rhythms in use. I can see your criticism as more valid for some of the other progressive metal out there as they tend to lack organic rhythms or visceral intensity, but that's not the case on Colors.

Have you even listened to any other BTBAM albums? Colors is the exact same color the whole way through, I don't know why you even bothered trying to mention dynamics when every single song is the exact same wave bar, there is literally zero dynamic range on this album, the quiet parts are brickwalled, the loud parts are brick walled, it's all the same.
It just drudges on with the same monotone vocals and instrumentals until it finally fucking does everyone a favor and ends.

There is no variation on the album, every single song does the exact same thing, it has the exact same delivery, the exact same tone, and it aims to do the same thing as the last track, and of course fails at it.

Alaska and the Great Misdirect were a million times better, and everything after TGM was just boring "Haha we're SUPER prog boring now"

youtube.com/watch?v=eUjXLETFniE

No one cares, you desperate for a platform nobody.

Get a blog, cum dumpster.

>there is literally zero dynamic range on this album, the quiet parts are brickwalled, the loud parts are brick walled, it's all the same.
Brickwalling doesn't affect the fact that the quiet parts are quiet relative to the loud parts. There's definitely still dynamics. Not to mention the album's brickwall job is nowhere near as intrusive as say...Death Magnetic's.
>It just drudges on with the same monotone vocals and instrumentals until it finally fucking does everyone a favor and ends.
The album's music is in quite a lot of keys, and the riffs are quite melodic. Not to mention the differences between the growls, screams, and cleaner vocals. Maybe not to everyone's taste, but monotone is the last thing I would call it as there are obvious changes happening.
>There is no variation on the album, every single song does the exact same thing, it has the exact same delivery, the exact same tone, and it aims to do the same thing as the last track, and of course fails at it.
Yes, the two minute clean track is the same as the five minute fast track which is the same as the progressive 14 minute track. Hell even the three long songs don't have the same structure either.

Alaska is too ubiquitous as a whole for my tastes, and TGM is cool but lacks the charm and unique parts of Colors (which weren't gimmicks btw, like if you pay attention to what's actually being played it makes perfect sense theoretically in terms of how a part is being developed like say...the bluesgrass section of Ants actually being a variation of the main riff that it transitions back into for the ending.)

Sure you can have your opinion on the album not being good to you. But some of this about lack of dynamics, monotone, song structure, is just straight up false my dude. Not sure why you would wanna write such a long post on music you're clearly not a fan of either, but more power to you I guess.
I've only listened to their first record (loved it), will check this out, too.

OP here, you're right, it's a shit album.

>someone tries to actually discuss music
>lol get a blog fgt

Fucking die.

Personally, Calculating Infinity is my least favorite of their albums, mostly because I think Greg's vocals add a lot to the band's sound. I recommend checking out their whole discography, honestly.

>actually discuss music

Whinging and giving out mindlessly is not a discussion worth having, middle school dropout with three rapekits waiting to be processed.

Are you the rapist or the victim? That's for your genitalia to decide.

Irony is a Dead Scene is everything I love from both the early DEP Year’s and their newer releases. I don’t like Mike Patton much and his lyrics are still shit, but his eccentric style goes perfectly with DEP’s.

here's six that i'm confident fit all the adjectives. some people might argue with Murmuure, but they'd be wrong.

Destroy All Music is dead set on filling those words

That poster was someone else.

Also LOL@your "MUH TIMBRE DYNAMICS AND RHYTHMS" that's literally how every dude talks about music that watched one youtube vid about music theory talks.
Kid I got 8 years of college level theory on you, this album has themes sure, but it sucks and fails to use them meaningfully.
It's the same song for the whole album, and this is coming from a big BTBAM fan.
All it needed was one track like Mirrors to break it up, but instead it took the route of "HAHA WE'RE MATH METAL LOOK AT US, PLEASE ALSO LOOK AT THE TIME SIGS WE'RE USING???"

It's just contrived and boring. There's no emotion on this album, while the instrumentation is trash, the lyrics can't even save it either, it's all just pretentious "I got big high IQ trust me, humans mean NOTHING" trash.

yes

>Colors is the exact same solor
>same color
>Colors
no

This is correct

The point of the album isn't "HUMANS MEAN NOTHING", the central narrative is about a social outcast/someone who feels that others can't possibly relate to him/herself so much so that they basically abandon society to live alone and observe humanity, with the albums's core tracks being records of observation from the narrator as he/she ages, withers, and dies alone. The final track on the album is a dual commentary on the songwriting process/individualism in society. To say that the lyrical themes aren't used "meaningfully" is to suggest that the point of the narrative is to elucidate universal themes, an idea which is fundamentally alien to a narrator which cannot relate to the universe (or society) around them. It is antithetical to the album's premise.

All that music school education but not a single liberal arts class in critical thought?

nice meme

Congratulations, I mean it

TALK TALK - LAUGHING STOCK

>muh timbre dynamics and rhythm
>talking about aspects of music itself is a bad thing now
Shit if you wanna shit talk me, at least reply to my post itt.

If you know your way around classical theory and composition you can hear that the different sounding parts develop into each other rather than being gimmicks. They get even additional meaning when you add the lyrics to what's going on as well (although I don't put too much stock in lyrics in music.)

If you have such a vast knowledge you would be able to say a lot more than the vague meaningless hyperbolic statements you post instead (no emotion, it's all the same, etc.)

Here's your (You) cuz you gotta be trolling at this point to be so wrong about the album writing these long paragraphs on this album you clearly don't like.

This album was total garbage. Sounded like they wrote one riff then ran with it for the whole album.

I loved the first two Tessseract albums and the two Skyharbor albums that came out around the same time but this album really killed any love I have for them now.

This guy knows his shit.
Would also recommend Zach Hill - Face tat, Kayo Dot - Coffins on Io, Guardian Alien - STWGTAOLE