ITT: Dishonest filmmaking

ITT: Dishonest filmmaking

For newfriends
Dishonest Filmmaking:
(Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously.
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonising.

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking.

They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off Eraserhead, but they have nothing else to say.
They act under the guise of deconstruction, surface layer obvious 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance.

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time.

Some notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to

>Mike Leigh
>The Coen Brothers
>Werner Herzog
>James Cameron
>Mel Gibson
>Terrence Malick
>David Lynch
>Clint Eastwood

Saved.
But post-TWBB PTA doesn't belong on that list. Although pre-TWBB PTA does.

>Mel Gibson
It's a shame because I almost agree with this pasta but by the time I read this it clearly bscores some Armond White reverse-bait

>James Cameron

Try post-Inherent Vice
The Master and TWBB are derivative as fuck

t. embryo

>derivative
fuck off they're highly original

Isn't it weird how John Michael McDonagh makes honest films like Calvary while his brother Martin McDonagh makes dishonest films like In Bruges?

can you faggots at least come up with funny memes. This dishonest film making meme of saying every good movie is dishonest is already old and unfunny

>Try post-Inherent Vice

How can he try something that doesn't exist? PTA hasn't put out a movie post-IV, yet.

>The Master/TWBB
>derivative

Oh, you're an idiot.

How is James Cameron honest!? He made fucking Avatar!

>calvary
>honest
user, I...

it's a dumb Sup Forums maymay

The Coen Brothers, earnest?

They're brilliant but they're the most irony-laden filmmakers in the business. Most of your listed "dishonest filmmakers" are pale imitations of the Coen Brothers

No, you're leddit trash if you disagree.

How fucking new can you be star wars tourist?

HELLO HOLLYWOOD MADE A FILM AND I LIKED IT BUT THEN IT BECAME POPULAR SO I DIDN'T LIKE IT

Everything produced by Hollywood is dishonest by virtue of it being produced by Hollywood

What a fucking garbage post.

white people and hollywood circlejerking one of their own

Another dank meme, keep it up you bloody legends :)

>Malick