Is an industry plant a real thing or are you guys just jealous of every up and coming artist?

is an industry plant a real thing or are you guys just jealous of every up and coming artist?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stephen_Morrison
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_incident
youtube.com/watch?v=stj5Wijk-0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's real. Jim Morrison's father was in the CIA and Jim was planted to spread drug culture. Chance The Rapper also grew up in a CIA family. There are hundreds of examples, though.

This guy is just crazy but yeah, theres nothing more real than marketing conspiracies. That's literally what marketing is, people conspiring to manipulate you into buying something, complete with spending entire careers lying about their true intentions. It makes perfect sense not sure why people are so incredulous some times, it's not like product placement in movies and subliminal messaging in ads is any different.

The concept of conspiracy is hard for a normie to understand. They dont like secret societies or understand them.

the real industry plant has been under our nose the entire time...

Ringo didn't even play in The Beatles recorded music

The entire music industry is a huge fucking facade.

Sometimes it feels like critical-thinking is purposefully avoided in the education system...

ayyy i love this shit

Jim MOrrison's dad started the Vietnam war. Confirmed fact. Open record. Not "crazy". He made up the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

That being said. Industry plants are totally not real. Pic entirely unrelated. Perfectly organic popularity right there. Really a real band with real members for sure, 100%.

yes he did, that's why all of their drums are so fucking shit, the man could barely keep time. That's why he was an alcoholic - drunk he could at least play "almost" right. Ticket To Ride is him actually trying to play a 4/4 rhythm sober for once. Poor bastard.

Jim Morrison's father was a Navy Admiral and Chance's dad was a mayor's aide. Not taking away from your point but there is a difference. Stewart Copeland's dad was in the CIA though

Man you're the kind of person who scares all the normies away from actually analyzing things

definitely, to widely varying degrees tho
some artists are totally brought up and groomed by the people/companies/labels within the industry and end up being a mouthpiece for the ideals and motives of that person/label which generally comes down to whatever sells
on top of what user said marketing is all the industry either trying to sell the artist to you and make them popular, or use the popular artist to sell something else to you be it an idea or product

pretty much this

I used to work for a record label. I was low level, just figuring the mechanics of the industry out, and there was one job that I would get all the time. I hated this job, and it was a big factor in my quitting.

My job was to stop into sites on a long list of forums, and a printed sheet gave me account names for each one. Once at a forum, I was supposed to 'seed' it with positive reviews or shill the label's roster in some way.
It made me really pissy. I refused to do it after a while, and a lot of A&R got pretty pissy with me for that.
Fuck that game.

>Chance's dad was a mayor's aide
who has connections with barack obama who chance has met before even becoming famous

there aren't any industry plants posting on here and if there are their work is prob only marginally successful people who think this shit happens frequently and constantly shapes our tastes are childishly paranoid and helpless

i dont know if you're trying to bait or what but ringo is seriously a good drummer

I know, I'm not disagreeing with him but claiming he's CIA is not out in the open information so we can only speculate if that's true or not, however we KNOW he's friends with Obama and a mayor's aide

industry plant comes from the assertion that the artist themselves claim to be self made and independent and then it turns out there was a corporate entity help guide their careers. Only when they're found out as frauds does the term "industry plant" come about, not all artists who have a corporate backing are industry plants unless they claim to be independent while doing so

Jim Morrison's dad was one of the central men in charge of organising the Gulf Of Tonkin incident, the false flag that allowed the US to go to war in Vietnam.

everyone on this board is retarded. it's like none of you have heard of occam's razor you dense fucks

>trying to bait
my good man, i already baited ya so hard

you can only spoon feed the Youtube-reaction video watching normies so much.

I think an industry plant as most people think of it is a little different than an artist being shilled, although that plays a part. An industry plant is more of an artist backed by the popular music industry from the start of their career with access to the power a larger industry has (better marketing team, shills, better production, etc) and are usually dropped into the indie scene masked as viral hits. Clairo is a good example of this and a few more artists (Boy Pablo, 6ix9ine) although unconfirmed are most likely industry plants, based on their tactics.

>pretending to be retarded

im not pretending anything lmaooo
i literally have iq 60
i win XD

you're extremely naive if you think an industry that corporations invest about 2 billion dollars in annually is above paying some employees to make posts promoting their products on popular and frequently trafficked websites.

Nothing you see on a screen is real in 2018. News is crafted and manipulated, reality tv scripted, crisis actors and shills are abundant, false flags, censorship, bots... reality is manufactured

meant for

Reliance on occam's razor stops you from thinking critically and being capable of pattern recognition

Yeah because life is just so fucking straightforward and uncomplicated and you'd have to be stupid to not always assume that the simplest answer is the right one.

"some employees" doesn't get you a fanbase the size of Jim Morrison's. "Some employees" aren't the reason Chance the Rapper won a Grammy.

you're extremely naive if you think every music trend you don't understand is due to some shadow network trying to control your ears

It's pretty simple. Having a label/the industry behind you is benefial to your success as an artist. connections to music journalists, radio, touring, etc, are all made a lot easier if you have these resources behind you. just look how as soon as someone like car seat headrest gets a label hes getting tons of articles all hitting a certain attractive narrative. not even hating on csh. its just how it works.

What is this board's obsession with being smarter than everyone? I promise, if there really was a huge conspiracy, it'd go over your head just like it would the normies. Your internet sleuthing doesn't make you special and your edgy personality doesn't make you smart.

I live in Chicago. Everyone loved Chance when he was big. Most people still do. Stop looking for things that aren't there.

these guys told me conspiracy theories aren't real and are spread by russia. you guys are all idiots!

I mean I never once implied any of what you just said but I do believe viral marketing is a critical aspect of corporate-backed products. Promotion is a key element in the profitability of any commodity, life isn't the same as when Jim Morrisson was playing shows in the 60's, billboards aren't the best that companies can do anymore. The internet provides a gateway directly to the consumer and you're dense not to consider all the opportunities that allows

yeah, these gayboys must be racist and misogynistic.
Let's grab a bagel after work.

>"some employees" doesn't get you a fanbase the size of Jim Morrison's.
They were a loser drug-abusing club act with good tunes. They scored a record deal and Light My Fire was shilled enough to hit number one. It wasn't as organic as you romance it to be.

>"Some employees" aren't the reason Chance the Rapper won a Grammy.
>Grammies giving out awards by merit

>what is this board's obsession with being smarter than everyone?
>your critical thinking doesn't make you edgy just be soft brained and complacent like me
>stop thinking so hard goy

you are everything that is wrong with the world

How is any of this in any way edgy? Why are you distracting from the point of this thread? A question was asked by OP
there's the answer

like I said the people who are posting on here are having very little impact. this guy pretty much got iti never disagreed with anything you're saying here i'm just saying no one is routinely coming to Sup Forums and having a large impact.

someone like lana del ray was obviously built by a corporation but it isn't really that different from what happened with the jesus and mary chain in the 80s or whatever else. shes not big because someone spammed west coast on Sup Forums

>Morrison was in command of the Carrier Division during the controversial Gulf of Tonkin Incident in August 1964, which resulted effectively in the true beginning of the Vietnam War by President Lyndon Johnson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stephen_Morrison

>In the 2003 documentary The Fog of War, the former United States Secretary of Defense Robert S. McNamara admitted that the August 2 USS Maddox attack happened with no Defense Department response, but the August 4 Gulf of Tonkin attack never happened.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_incident

Jim Morrison's dad started the Vietnam war by lying about the Gulf of Tonkin Incident. Fact. Sources provided.

>hurrrr stop scaring normies with facts that are easily cited to sources including a fucking US Secretary of Defense

If chance is a plant, what is his agenda? He seems so apolitical and mild

oh well than yeah I agree

to make money/ make money for the people that put him on

Good point user! People totally forget that every artist ever has become popular solely by their own merits without any assistance or cooperation (in public or in secrecy) and all of their intentions have been nothing but making music for the love of music, and neither their music or intentions have ever been influenced by any person or company (that definitely didn't help them gain popularity)

yeah i dont think its worth being paranoid about in general but especially on here

it has always happened and will continue to happen you can identify the obvious cases like lana del ray and taylor swift etc but what I'm saying is its childish paranoia to pull your hair out over this looking for it at every turn

T. russian bot

t. soy casualty

your russian facts have been reported to the FBI. you will not undermine our beautiful democracy anymore vlad

yup, the only thing that obsessing over what's out of your control changes is yourself. I wish people could see that sometimes, they'd be much happier for it.

top levels of the music industry is satanic for real

Both

I heard multiple theories
Chicago is getting negative publicity over the whole "everyone shooting everyone else" thing so they needed a positive happy go lucky poster boy for non violence. Also his dad is a dem so channeling black voters into the Democratic Party. He may become a political candidate later on as well. And yes, money. Money is number one. Advancing the agenda of "independent" artists. Making true independents think it's possible to get a Grammy

>childish paranoia
>oy vey!!! Stop noticing things goy!!!
Like clockwork.
Being aware of the culture industry and how much of a facade this all is is vital and anyone who says otherwise is suspect. Stay vigilant and skeptical of all things.

That's actually crazy. Did any other employees in your position seem to have any moral hang-ups with what they were doing or did it just not really occur to them?

agreed my dude

>>oy vey!!! Stop noticing things goy!!!
nah i'm just saying its a dumb thing to obsess over and that you are going to go crazy if you think youre constantly being deceived no matter how red pilled or woke you think you are

"question everything" isnt a bad maxim but sometimes instead of people realizing that the 15 years they spent in church were bogus they go the route of alex jones which I'm afraid you have.

Both

>he still doesn't realise Alex Jones is controlled opposition intelligence agency spook whose purpose is to make conspiracy theorists seem unhinged

>thinking occam's razor is a literal law of nature
jesus christ

>implying that the Vietnam War started because of the Gulf of Tonkin

bruv there had already been a regional conflict there for years. The united states somehow ended up gradually becoming more invested in the effort than colonial france. 1 singular event never really causes something to happen in history

Ah I see you just took your midterm for Philosophy 101

No, i really feel this is pretty standard shit at some aggressive younger not-quite-indie but we'll pretend when it counts sorta labels.
It was also spamming - they had a 50 thousand name email list and gave me 2 weeks to review the whole thing and weed out all multiple instances before feeding the list to some shoddily coded email blast system that spat out spam to whoeve's namesr were on the list. All according to the schedule you'd set ahead of time.

So they gave me a week and change to review this whole list, and in fifteen minutes I had an excel script filtering those doubles out of their database. It was essentially putting 5+ days work in my pocket (cause i absolutely did not do shit for a week, obv).

I mention this really to illustrate how fucking outta touch these guys are in the industry. Ingrained stodginess. Contempt for independent musicians and one man passion projects in such a subtle way. Not on your side or mine, and none too bright. Behind the times.

Also saw them destroy albums that'd already been paid for via the artist's contract advance without telling or reimbursing him.

two pedophiles with ties to Russia told me muh conspiracy theories are 100% real and you're literally the jewish satanic devil if you think otherwise

yeah, it's usually pretty fucking obvious too. when someone comes literally out of nowhere with mainstream radio play out the gate, has huge modern pop production that sounds exactly like everything else on the radio, but is positioned as indie or alternative or what have you, etc

Jesus that's insane. Thank you for sharing man, such a mind-boggling way of doing business. The desensitization that occurs between the employees and their job is really fascinating to me

Industry plants are real, but the idea that they're born by constantly being spammed on Sup Forums is hilarious desu.

It's fucking terrifying to me, to be honest? I've given so much of my life to composing and struggling to learn shit there are no classes, books or guides for, but there are middle men who feed on that as a career, like they're miners or something that feeds off of certain souls. Artists and makers create things, occasionally turning all their energy and time and pain and joy into the act of squeezing out these occasional gems, submitting their own distilled humanity to intense pressure. like a diamond. A lot of us will be used up - spent - before our time, with thousand yard stares of a sort, all exhausted, cynical & solipsistic.

The cost benefit ratio. as an artist is usually pretty shitty, but a lot of creatives pay that toll because making shit is... just what they do.

It's one of the only things I can do with real skill & joy, at least.

Do your best, my friend. It's the only thing worth doing, really.
youtube.com/watch?v=stj5Wijk-0s

certified soy

Stupidest post I've read in awhile

A "plant" is just an artist with connections to a major label whose marketing team are trying to fake a grassroots indie image. Certain idiots eat that sort of image up because liking non-commercial things makes them feel authentic or someshit.
Grammy's don't mean a fucking thing.

bump