Opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DsDtND60qB8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i really did not like it

Loved it, great fan film

mediocre shit with good visuals

terrible bland characters and story

should have stuck with the original draft that went to the end of A New Hope timeline, Jyn survives and gets to the rebel base just as the Death Star explodes in the sky. We see Luke and the gang ride the cart to the medal ceremony from Jyn's perspective. Annnnnnnd credits. (oh, you didn't know??)

Sounds like a Back to the future sequel. No thanks.

They drop the ball hard on being a war movie. Don't set your story up like a heist drama if you want to end with a battlefield.

Who would you rather see get blacked if you had to choose?

Rey or Jyn?

Pretty sure Rey is already.

once the shills leave you have a very shit movie

Is it any less shit than TFA?

>asking for opinions on Sup Forums
You'll get a bunch of I hated it from people who never saw it.

People hate it because RedLetterMedia told them to. It's honestly not bad at all. Not perfect, but has a lot of solid qualities.

Then where was this major Rebel figure during the OT?

Fuck off you bunny fucking waifufag.

Jyn

t. homo

>friendzone Finn despite him getting his spine raked by plasma

Yeah nah

yes

Rey

Glad you admit you're just butthurt the studio had the balls to actually kill off your precious female lead.

The woman being the sole survivor of a group is cliche as fuck and you retards just keep eating this shit up.

I wasn't mad they killed her of, it mad sense I just think what said seems interesting.

It will happen eventually. Like Han and Leila.

>then where was she
where was Mom Mofma and Trix Nadine and the Ackbar clan?

It's a story about Luke not every single irebel.

Is it better than this?

Star Wars Dark Forces was a better lead up to A New Hope. Rogue One is an alternate reality.

I REBEL LOLOLOLOL DRUMP BTFODTROD

It's a movie

>Not believing Rey's asexual
>In the year 2016+1
You done goofeth

that's non canon fucboi

Decent enough. Beginning is the only bad part, the rest is pretty okay. People who hate it are cucks who would hate anything.

Both have bland characters but great action. Tho, I liked Godzilla more

I don't care about the disney 'canon'

Rey is already so trashy, she'd do it anyway.
Jyn needs the wish granting power for it to happen.

I was discussing this with some friends and one of them brought up how he took his girlfriend who hated Star Wars and she came out disliking it, while my other friends argued that she should have liked it more because it was a stand alone story.

I think this illustrates the problem pretty well. It isn't its own story. Enjoyment of it derives entirely from the context of one plot point of one movie in the franchise. You're expected to care about the characters on the basis of not who they are, but what they did. You feel bad because they die for a greater cause but not because they'll never see their families or realize their dreams or whatever because NONE OF THAT was shown in the movie. Jyn went from being cold about her father to melting at the sight of his hologram. Brown guy and Jyn went from distrusting each other to being willing to die for each other's causes without any pause in the action. The Chinese guys were just along for the ride and didn't have any impact on the plot whatsoever and was just mindless pandering to Chinese film goers. K2SO was there to push merch.

It's also far too gritty and takes itself too seriously as a Star Wars film. Even Revenge of the Sith, which plotwise may be the darkest film in the franchise, was just the right amount of cheesy that it's fun to watch. I have no desire to see Rogue One again. There's nothing memorable about it.

It's decent but very disjointed. It feels like they wanted to have too many characters so none of them are very well developed. Also, the blind guy was too much. Fucking blind warrior monk mowing down people like it was nothing.

Is he the new RLM?

Except he actually makes good points and doesn't make an ass out of himself

Where can I download a decent cam of it?

Don't give views. It's weeaboo shit

>cam
>decent

>best scene is Darth Vader killing rebels

would love to see Rey blacked pov style

Completely wasted the use of Forrest Whitaker.
Quippy robot was too much most of the time.
No real investment in characters.
Final battle was decent, better visuals wouldve elevated it a lot.
By the numbers Disney but at least not a complete rehash like TFA.

Spooky Darth Vader wasnt spooky enough for my liking.

I couldn't help but laugh at how they dressed all the rebels in the back half of the movie like they were marines storming Iow Jima in the pacific theater, probably to off set that they were essentially Iraqi insurgents ambushing troops with IED's 30 mins earlier.

Would have loved to sit in on the meeting that decided that.
>Ok so the first half of this movie is terrorists = good guys, how the fuck do we fix this
>What if we just use some ham fisted WWII imagery to balance it all out
>Won't that be obvious as fuck
>this movie is for retarded 12 year olds
>you're right, do it

Bunnyfu thread?

When Jyn looked back at the seemingly dead Anders and the best facial expression Felicity Jones could come up with was the same sad fish face she pulled the whole movie I burst out laughing. Fucking woman needs to see an orthodontist.

Better than Feces Awakens by a mile

Here you go, footfags

entertaining but ultimately disposable

I was glad to see lots of star wars tech in action, but that was pretty much the only interesting thing going on

None yet but looking at Sup Forums this is a success and then some so i will see it.

Its actually on tomorrow, i will go see it tomorrow and report back..

>tfw my first crush ever looked and still looks like Felicity Jones

Just mailed my friend: Movie tomorrow? Rogue One, Starwars, Great reviews :D.

better not, the janitard put the last bunny thread in auto sage

So other people surely thought Vadar looked and sounded a little off, right?

Something wasn't quite right in both costume and way he was acted.

As a fan of E;R who has been waiting for this video, it's an objectively terrible review.

The only parts of Rogue One that I liked were the prequel references.

STOP

POSTING

HER

Anyone catch any memes that are guaranteed to be posted here once the bluray hits?

>"LET THE GIRL SPEAK!"
and at the final second of Jyn and Cassian dying, Cassian turns to the camera and it looks like he smiles. Definitely going to be spammed with
>freeze frame
>you might be wondering how I got here

Confirms that the Empire are actually the good side in this conflict.

I forgot I even watched it. Pew pew, barely making it out of some rocks in a shuttle scene, pew pew, romance build up, 'look its Leia', 'I remember this guy', 'is this the scene when Vader comes on?', pew pew, 'wow this guy lel', 'some great visuals there', end.

>implying fans weren't jerking off to the Empire since 1980
the rebels are a bunch of lame fucks with no real ideology that serve as boring good guys
seriously they only want to overthrow the empire, I don't think it's even explained WHY in the OT other than "hurr two siths run the whole thing we musd stob it :DDD"
they're lame and they suck

BRAAAAAAAAAP

They were always jerking to the Empire

But Rogue one basically validated them.

this

Basically told us that Vader hibernates in a bacta tank until he is summoned to fuck shit up like a power ranger zord or captain planet

how come she doesn't even look 1/3d as hot as this in the film?

S-SHUT UP
SHE'S PURE

>implying

A decent addition to the Star Wars franchise considering how the majority of Star Wars films are shit. And whether you like Rogue One or not, at least it's a much better film than The Force Awakens.

I liked it because i paid only 1.69 euro for one ticket.

A glib fascimile.

I looked up who wrote Rogue One...Oh the director of American Pie. Oh, thats why the story and dialog and morals were complete rubbish.

anyone else disappointed with who was in the Bacta Tank?

Plus side Vader at the end assists Kylo Ren's notion of Vader being powerful and Kylo wanting to be that strong.

>giving a shit about kylo ren and his fanfiction films

She's hot in a QT way while in the film she's trying so hard to look harsh

really bleak, it was watchable but otherwise bleak.

why is she carrying a dildo?

There didn't need to be five human characters. What is it with the cartoons being better about diversity?

>Calls TFA a fanfiction film
>in a thread about Rogue One

Correct.

Very much so

The costume looked cheap. Fabric looked weaker than OT.

i would've replaced Baze with more screentime for the other characters, especially Bodhi

Make at least one of them an alien, possibly even a female. That's diversity, right? Or is Star Wars going to be sanitized of all non-humans now just so the screen can be populated by blacks?

Honestly? I really id enjoy it. I wasnt expecting much and was impressed. Seemed more "adult" than more recent star wars movies. Yes, we all knew how it was going to end but it was tied into the original trio well and was fun to watch.

It's for raping people who ask stupid questions.

My favorite right after Empire. Star Wars is always at its best when things are gritty and actions have consequences.

Kinda liked it.

TFA was shit

Isn't that obvious, though? We knew since RotJ that his suit is just an elaborate life support system.

Better than TFA.

A 7/10, and that's being generous.