Scandinavian """""""""cuisine""""""""""

Scandinavian """""""""cuisine""""""""""

umm try again sweaty :3

eggs and fish are very good for you though, especially if youre lifting

True.

But you can always eat fish that doesn't look sad.

Where's the olive oil?

Was that supossed to be an improvement?
Wasn't referring to the original product, but to the weird simplicity of it.

Why even complicate it further? Im not wasting my time between studies and gym to make my food look like some gay artwork

Sad

Spices are degenerate
If you're not eating your food plain, you're a shitskin

looks simple, harsh and tasty
from what I noticed only Nordics, Germans and Slavs appreciate such food

add tons of shitty spices = good food?

I'll agree that there is such a thing as too much spices. I myself don't like it like that.

But food is meant to have some colour to it.

That honestly looks glorious, I would ask for more 10/10

I don't think you brits eat your food plain tho.
What do you people even eat aside from the typical stuff.

spanish cuisine uses few species

you don't need to defend what is indefensible

>to have some colour to it.

like gay flag? fuck off homo boy

Do you think we eat our food raw or something?

Im being ironic
Fuck northern food tb.h, Spanish and Italian are way better

Obviously not. That weird white thing with green aside, it actually looks like something we'd eat down here.

We'd just have a whole egg, more fish, some other veggie, and cut-up potatoes as opposed to whole. It sort of looks empty.

I think it's because the fish looks so small and dark (fish meat is more often white), and the lack of olive oil does make a huge difference.

That looks fine, I don't see the problem. Scandinavian food was never meant to taste amazing like mediterranean food, it was more focused on long-lasting ingredients and preparation methods, due to harsh winters and limited crop selection.

>I think it's because the fish looks so small and dark
It's because it's pickled, it does change the texture and color of the fish, as well as the taste.

>and the lack of olive oil does make a huge difference.
Olives can't grow here so it was never used in traditional scandinavian food.

I love all fish eating europeans as they have god tier cuisine

Except bongs

>It's because it's pickled
Ah. That actually makes it more weird.

But then again, we salt our fish (in Norway, actually) and then re-hidrate it here, so I guess that'd be weird.

>Olives can't grow here
I obviously know the reason, but that still makes it look like a sad dish. I guess it's because it looks so gray in general. It's not like it's your fault.

Iceland eats the most fish per capita in the world. Then you guys, then Malaysia and then we alternate with Japan every other years for 4th place.

But in general Europe doesn't eat that much fish, desu.

What sort of oil does Scandinavia traditionally use?

The one we find in the North sea

Rapeseed oil since it grows well here. For frying though, butter is usually more commonly used.

cheeky bastard

Oil is a pretty modern thing here, butter has been the main thing for us for hundreds of years.

Our food isn't made to look pretty, it's meant to feed you even when it's -35 degrees outside, when no crops or vegetables grow for 6-8 months and the only thing available is what you can store for long periods of time.
It's healthy, full of energy and easy to cook. Everything food is supposed to be.

I though everyone used whale oil for everything.
We just use coconut since its grown around every house as wind barriers and roof material but changing society from agriculture while keeping high calorie diet turns into disaster with increasing amount of firemen needed to lift 200Kg+ patients.

Lmao fuck off

that looks good enough to me
I never understood the love for potatoes though

>I never understood the love for potatoes
Scandinavia adapted the potato extremely well, it grows strong in our countries and more importantly it lasts for a very long time when stored. It's little nuggets full of energy, perfect when you are trying to survive an arctic winter.

Why are they usually steamed though? My burger DNA gives me the impulse to fry it and it would make more sense to do that in the cold.

Steamed? We boil our potatoes.
Scandinavia has never been a "frying country".
Probably since we haven't used oil for cooking until recently.
And for one other major reason, boiling a potato only requires water. And a boiled potato can be stored easily without going bad unlike fried food. A hard working man out on the fields or in the woods could have a few boiled potatoes in his pocket all day. Was actually very common. Like the good old days version of a power bar. Now put some fries in your pocket for a couple hours in the heat.. You ain't gonna enjoy the result.

Who /fenalÄr/ here?

I'm surprised you know of it at all, Burgermann. Good stuff

Ridiculous

Yeah there's a little snownigger market in my neighborhood and I fucking love it. There's a lot of great cheese there too, and they make their own pickled herring, smorbrod, etc.

Boring plating but other than that it looks good to me and matjesil (soused herring) is fucking delicious

where do you live? MN/ND?

Seattle

>and the lack of olive oil does make a huge difference.
That's true.