Name another concept album as good as Dark Side of the Moon. You can't, can you?

Name another concept album as good as Dark Side of the Moon. You can't, can you?

not even pink floyd's best 'concept' album

But it actually is.

Doesn't even compare to be honest

The Wall is better. More cohesive, better story, better music

The maximum "conceptual album" parody. And it's a conceptual album.

A concept album is an album in which its tracks hold a larger purpose or meaning collectively than they do individually. This is typically achieved through a single central narrative or theme

what was the 'concept' of this album

Musicals are cheating though

Things that drive you mad. It's a really simple message you get if you listen to the whole thing at once.

each song is music

Pet Sounds
Blonde on Blonde
Abbey Road
John Wesley Harding
Blood on the Tracks

I'll vote for these two, but I absolutely love Dark Side. The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is also excellent.

Are Blonde on Blonde and John Wesley Harding concept albums? What are the concepts behind them? (besides amphetamines)

well what do we have here, have never seen this album before, can you tell me about it?

Yes, The Lamb is excelent. Is sad that they had to rush it tough. That's why I like more SIBTP, it feels more prepared, without filling songs.

none of those are concept albums

neither is DSOTM

John Wesley Harding came from a return to the stripped down aesthetic and often referenced the Bible, while Blonde on Blonde had some of Bob's more lyrically intricate works with a Nashville sound, using the same session musicians that made Elvis and many country singers famous.

How isn't DSOTM a concept album? It has centralized concept, recurring musical themes... I mean its a textbook example of what a concept album is.

Yeah but there's no centralized theme surrounding Blonde on Blonde. If BoB is a concept album, so is highway 61

This.

Plz, even Thick as a brick is better.

So wrong

Animals is a third grader's interpretation of Animal Farm. The music is stellar, and there are some really good live bootlegs, but it isn't as unified as The Wall is.

everyone's wrong. Music from the Body is the ultimate Floyd concept album

Are musicals even in the realm of concept album?