Is Lil Wayne the worst artist of all time?

Is Lil Wayne the worst artist of all time?

Really, what other artist has produced music at this epsilon of bad and at this capacity. He has produced a staggering amount of bad music

>his old stuff was good though
"No!"

It's exactly the same. He's been doing the same thing for 15 years. The only thing that was ever good was the production on behalf of other people, and he just takes a lyrical dump on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CQF2iHimOPc
youtube.com/watch?v=j3juPRlSp6M
youtube.com/watch?v=4TkWgSfs1jE
youtube.com/watch?v=_9d6kZ78uv0
youtube.com/watch?v=fozA53bOUJI
youtube.com/watch?v=2IH8tNQAzSs
youtube.com/watch?v=L2-mDyNb_Ho
youtube.com/watch?v=skN5U4dlmrE
youtube.com/watch?v=xNg7FM6uGjA
youtube.com/watch?v=GWbiHdSgEuk
youtube.com/watch?v=wkA3p3YqH9U
youtube.com/watch?v=yYPXFeTkBKk
youtube.com/watch?v=5Rzxhmm2De4
youtube.com/watch?v=vUC3P8ytb20
youtube.com/watch?v=lYATz3STgew
youtube.com/watch?v=PjqKPHZJgF0
youtube.com/watch?v=V_bvOXxNbsM&index=12&list=PL0R_a5uaQp52l9KfS4AobT5-zzQXZthlU
youtube.com/watch?v=GXeP6bV_ciA&list=PL0tRFXXen1BrlmKAUOYmxsYCPSM7a13LX&index=15
youtube.com/watch?v=QsZek_lIiZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not the worst entirely, but I wouldn't retaliate if the majority agreed. But certainly, there are worse, that have never made a worthwhile or even remotely good work of music. Must I direct your attention to... gulp... Limp Bi-

>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

yikes

I don't like his new shit either but he has (a few) legitimately good songs and verses

youtube.com/watch?v=CQF2iHimOPc

youtube.com/watch?v=j3juPRlSp6M

youtube.com/watch?v=4TkWgSfs1jE

Isn't it also funny that Wayne and Fred Durst's congregation worked together later?

t. 16 year old

He's probably the best but ok

this

OP is literally typing this while in class like the faggot he is

he's not the worst, but easily the most WILDLY inconsistent

Exact same fucking thing. Like I said

Does this particular way he mumbled about sexual innuendos and oxycontin sound particularly endearing to you? I don't get it

Nobody that thinks Lil Wayne is a good artist can use "16 year old" as an insult

OP here, I take it back. Last 2 are good.

Really I don't ask for much, just some kind of artistic merit inbetween racial slurs and mumbling about being high

Fucking christ you're an idiot

>and he just takes a lyrical dump on it
funny thing is Lil Wayne would like the description since he loves making puns and comparisons involving shit in his lyrics
and regarding the topic at hand, he has a huge amount of garbage but enough gems scattered in between to not make him the worst artist of all time.
a song like, say, "A Milli" is an excellent example of pop-rap. it features a very fresh for its time production, with that iconic stuttering vocal sample (a trick that would later be picked up by others) on top of minimalistic, hard-hitting percussions and a huge bass. of course you may say those aren't Weezy's achievements, but he rides the instrumental competently, matching it with the bravado it needs (the iconic "motherfucker i'm ill!" being a perfect representation of this) and switching his voice and accent to punctutate the different parts
the other day i heard a dj dropping it live and a decade later people still lose their shit to it

You're so confident in that you'd think you'd be able to make an argument.

not only is your wording of the joke cringe-worthy, but flat-out stupid: why would anyone ban you for shitting on Limp Bizkit? it's one of the safest opinions one can have for worst artist contender.
please don't try to be funny ever again, user. you are comedy poison

Hey it's his first post on Sup Forums let him some slack.

Unironically one of historys greatest mcs. Any dedication tape will prove this.

youtube.com/watch?v=_9d6kZ78uv0

watch this and kys

>Nobody that thinks Lil Wayne is a good artist can use "16 year old" as an insult

Yes they can, since you'd have to be older than 16 to even remember Wayne's glory. But Sup Forums is overrun by 16 year olds, so you'll all think Wayne is corny but think Lil Pump is god for some reason.

This. Only underage fags don't remember his legendary reign and godlike lyrics.

>It's exactly the same
youtube.com/watch?v=fozA53bOUJI
youtube.com/watch?v=2IH8tNQAzSs

kek

he got some pretty good newer songs

youtube.com/watch?v=L2-mDyNb_Ho
youtube.com/watch?v=skN5U4dlmrE

Wayne is bad, but at least he has had at least one album that's decent. That's more than a group like, say, the Baha Men have achieved.

Oh for sure. He made Gucci Gang and Bank Account actually listenable.

Lil Wayne made the greatest break up song of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=xNg7FM6uGjA

Lil Wayne made the greatest drug song of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=GWbiHdSgEuk

Lil Wayne made the best song about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina
youtube.com/watch?v=wkA3p3YqH9U

Lil Wayne made the best song that sampled The Beatles
youtube.com/watch?v=yYPXFeTkBKk

Lil Wayne made one of the best concept songs
youtube.com/watch?v=5Rzxhmm2De4

These are just a few examples that show that at his peak, Lil Wayne truly was the best rapper alive.

I hate Lil Wayne as much as the next guy, but worst of all time? I doubt it, what with the recent explosion of shit-tier SoundCloud rappers.

Hes the best artist of our time

Don't forget, Wayne made the best song about having protected sex.

youtube.com/watch?v=vUC3P8ytb20

I can't believe noone has pointed this out yet

Limp Bizkit from Three Dollar Bill Y'all - The Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavoured Water was genuinely good

Bitch your favorite rapper's favorite rapper is Lil wayne.
People Like Brockhampton and Kendrick Lamar made songs that were inspired by him.
Yeah now he's an 35 year old that will probably die from lean in 3 years and you can't be good for one decade then be wack for the next one.
His music is and was garbage, but if he's featured on a song if he tries, He can be better then someone like Eminem or Busta Rhymes.
But even try to say that he's the worst because Kodak and XXXtentacion are in jail.
At least in interviews you can tell that Weezy knows what he's saying, not like that other idion that had an ski mask during an interview and get butthurt because his didn't know who he is.

Lil wayne objectively is a good artist. Sure he's had a shitload of bad music but that's because of the volume of music he has released. Of course there is gonna be bad tracks/albums/tapes when he has as many albums out as most artists these days have songs.

this

what the fuck

I was listening to songs like I Feel Like Dying when I was playing MW2 at 10 years old.

I thought it was crap then and I think it's crap now. Only listenable because of the production, I can't imagine someone in their right mind willingly listening to a sound like that without a high gloss studio finish

>Lil wayne objectively is a good artist.
How the fuck is this seriously the default opinion. It's blowing my mind

This is the same board that denounces and martyrs Radiohead because they make one bad album and they're trying to argue with me that Lil Wayne is a quality hip hop artist and I'm silly for thinking otherwise

im only 12 but I listen to Metallica theyre so much better than Justin Gayber every1 else my age is listening to xDDDD i fear for my generation but sum of us like gud musik like Metallic, 2pac nd le Beatles... all the classics

>You were 10 when MW2 came out

Fuck I need to get off this site. Sup Forums really is underage and youngfags with no sense of world view isn't it?

9 years ago, fuck-o

And you still sound like an ass lecturing the "ignorant youth" about how mumblerapper crack addict with diamonds in his teeth #32943 is better than "the crap we listen to nowadays"

Pretty much.

Coma splices, are, cringy by themselves, but you went big time cringe.

Faggot you’re a flaming fucking faggot kys

Not when 6ix9ine exists

Lil Wayne may not be the best rapper but he's one of the greatest. The amount of influence he's had on hip hop good or bad is insane. Shit, you can just look at how rappers name themselves nowadays. Without him the whole scene would be radically different

He put a lot of work into hip hop. People said it was dying in the mid 2000s. Then in 2008 he became the most popular artist in the world.

ur a bunch of fucking lames; can't even recognize bangers just because they're popular
wayne was top of the world for years
the carter III/IV were both full of quality songs

mr carter
a milli
mrs officer
let the beat build

blunt blowin
megaman
6 foot 7 foot

hating on music is the true pleb pasttime

6 FOOT, 7 FOOT, 8 FOOT BUNCH

>Only underage fags don't remember his legendary reign and godlike lyrics.
Facebook memes like this were commomplace. Usually shared by 12 year old Eminem fans who only liked the "REAL HIP HOP."

BITCH, REAL G's MOVE IN SILENCE LIKE LASAGNA.

You so full of shit you close yo mouth and let yo ass talk

No it was fucking not.

Hot Dog Flavored water is one of the most retarded albums ever made.

literally the whole new class of hip hop was influenced by Lil Wayne... kys OP

Young Money eatin' and all you haters do is add salt.

memes didn't exist in 2008

holy shit dude

Christ imagine having an opinion this fucking shitty. Go back to your soyboy general you absolute faggot

>19 year old thinks he knows anything about anything

literally fucking kill yourself or lurk moar you literal child

don't mind me just posting some recent waynekino

youtube.com/watch?v=lYATz3STgew

youtube.com/watch?v=PjqKPHZJgF0

literally what did he mean by this? no seriously i dont get it.

Pretty obviously a bait thread, but you really can't hate on wayne considering how long he's been putting out music for. Not the most consistent by any means, but you can't deny he's been super influential on the genre.

Also Juvenile was the most underrated in hot boys

youtube.com/watch?v=V_bvOXxNbsM&index=12&list=PL0R_a5uaQp52l9KfS4AobT5-zzQXZthlU

youtube.com/watch?v=GXeP6bV_ciA&list=PL0tRFXXen1BrlmKAUOYmxsYCPSM7a13LX&index=15

youtube.com/watch?v=QsZek_lIiZc

wayne is a legend

>best rapper alive
>while Eminem was still breathing

Don't get me wrong Eminem is fucking WASHED now. And I won't pretend like his last 4 albums weren't fucking weed plates...but lyrically...Em could still eat 99.99% of rappers in the game right fucking now. The only rappers that would actually stand a chance would be: Kendrick, Lupe, Mos Def and maybe Jay-Z on a good day.

>I've wasted more years of my life on this shit website so my opinion is more valid
I can't wait to be your age so I can be as smart as you

Lil wayne spends hours everyday listening to hip hop, then picking beats he likes and rapping over them. He doesnt have to work another day in his life, even though birdman stole a lot of money from him. But he still gets in the studio and makes more music, he is dedicated to music.

This opinion is really so ubiquitous people are just calling my thread "bait"

I'm utterly baffled. You people act like saying "Lil Wayne makes bad music" is a profound statement. I can't imagine anyone without a face tattoo arguing with me on this.

stfu sage

>I can't imagine anyone without a face tattoo arguing with me on this.
You are ignorant

thats because you're an underage little child who doesn't know shit. Wayne has been making great music longer than you've been alive you fucking soyboy

that's not what you said though
> making bad music =/= being the worst artist of all time

That logic applies to like 95% of the rappers in the industry. More importantly, what does that have to do with the fact that Wayne was NEVER the best rapper ALIVE at any point?

OP doesn't understand hip hop

haha

>That logic applies to like 95% of the rappers in the industry
If it applied to any group of people the world would be a better place. Most people are mediocre and going through the motions, waiting to die.