If you had to listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would that be?

If you had to listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would that be?

a 90 minute album of nothing but 1 note repeated over and over again

Day 69

Probably Bach's art of the fugue

Something that just gets better the more you listen to it

Something < 30min

Something poppy and upbeat so I can still enjoy it with people.

Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand, Kings of Leon - Mechanical Bull, The Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out, that kind of thing.

bad bunny

Presidents of the united states

haha, easy on the alcohol, bugs

if I was forced to listen to it the only correct answer would be 433

Diary of a Madman

Ratatat - LP3. It's so good.

this is probably my best overall pick

Have you heard Talk yet? It's just as good imo

What note?

The brown note

C#3

Laurie Spiegel the Expanding Universe 1980's issue. Not the new one where they cut out most of the material

Tubular Bells.
I own 20 copies on minidisc, cassette, cd, sacd, dvd-a, LP, lp(half speed mastering), LP (quadraphonic)

Favorite movement?

Gotta be the Sophtware Slump. Basically a modern classic.

Origin of Symmetry

maybe Ornette Coleman - Free Jazz
cause if it was something I liked I would end up hating it from the repetition, so maybe itll work the other way around with this

to be honest i'd like to just answer 'yes' to that question.
But right now the last section of side one (female vocals + guitar) ending in some light plucking.
But it's hard picking a part, there's nothing i don't like about it.

Speaking of Oldfield; I REALLY like his latest album; it's like the Oldfield of the mid 1970's made another album.

Phoneminomicon
I don't even like it that much, but 4 hours of variety is enough to keep me from going insane

I've never listened to a more well put together album ever.

first post best post

this is just me being a bit OCD, but i'm wondering why there's been a recent trend of posting Wound instead of the actual album cover. Even Wikipedia changed it recently.

Oh dang, I didn't know he'd done one since man on the rocks. I'll have to check it out.

>Even Wikipedia changed it recently.

That was probably Trent himself

I never post on mu only when I see an album I like come out and I want to see what you guys think, or when I want to see if there are any nin threads bc I'm a fag like that.
>Answering your question
I thought the album cover without the title would weed out people who don't know the album and maybe gernerate some replies. (never works, anyone who likes industrial here is way too deep "Muh rezy too commercial")
Don't know what wound is, didn't think anyone would notice filename, but of course its the least interesting thing to me that interests someone else.
>makes sense

I LOOOOOOOOOVEEE YOU JEESUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIST

It's really great, the ending is beautiful.

oh, well you probably guessed by now that it's just the name of the painting used for the cover.
But concerning the OP, yeah Downward Spiral would probably be an optimal album to choose. It's density definitely lends toward the listener hearing something "new" after many listens. Also beside that, the songs don't rely on any overt "hooks" which is probably why lots of people feel it only gets better the more they listen to it instead of getting worse. With albums that rely on songs that rely on "hooks" quality tends to dip with the amount of listens if there's nothing else interesting about them.

good choice

I'm really into this album right now, so it'd definitely be a great contender.

just some indistinct rape sounds

yes, I know I'm the only one who thinks it's their best.

pretty obvious

embodiment of Sup Forums

Fuck yea

prob Tits Andronicus, (The Cumitor)

mah nigga

elseq

Mothership Connection

earl sweatshirt - doris
for the homies